BANGKOK
Brightly

Shout Out to Thai Airways

man,

if you travel a lot - shit like that happens not infrequently

12 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Notice the "Thai knockers" are very quiet this morning

Thats why the thread died from the start, the op asked for naysayers to keep quiet.

if he hadnt said that then the thread would have been great

• Haha 2

i was traveling back to Bangkok after surgery in the U.S.  i had filed a SSR with for the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok.  Thai Airways ignored my Special Service Request upon deplaning in BKK.  would not assist me with my luggage since i was not "flying in Business Class" this was the only explanation i was given.  was left at the top of the stairs with no assistance what so ever.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Baggage lost with KLM from Europe last year. Delivered 2 days after by Thai in Udon Thani. Only good things to say about them.

• Thanks 1

Years and years ago my mate flew uk to Florida for a family hol. For whatever reason his sons suitcase went KLM to Bkk.

He never diid see that suitcase even when he returned home, so he put in an insurance claim.

It was refused as they say baggage will always be found and will always get back to the owner.

5 years later, yep, you guessed, knock on the door and a courier with a suitcase.

The clothes in the suitcase would no longer fit the teenager who was 10yrs old when they left but only then did he make a claim.

Insurance refused yet again, after all he had his suitcase retuned so nothing lost.

If only I knew then that Thai airways will deal with everyone elses problems I could have told him

Charge tickets via credit card. Lost baggage is covered.

They will reimburse you.

I always snap a pic when departing - with location logo prominent.

• Thanks 1

Nothing to do with Thai, sorry, but a while back my suitcase arrived in Bangkok bound up in string and very worse for wear. I immediately put in a complaint at the desk,and contacted Lufthansa Bangkok . Apparently it had been forced open . Nothing was stolen as I never  put valuables in checked in cases. I spoke to someone very much in charge, and was reimbursed for a new Samsonite on my next stop at Bangkok airport. When i returned again a few months later to go home to France, I was called over the speaker to customer service desk, where they took my boarding card and gave me a new one , buisness class all the way.I was thrilled and thought that was a very kind gesture. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sure nice story, all agreed, nice to hear the passenger got his bag back, but doesn't change my very negative attitude to Thai from many very poor customer service incidents. 

What do you mean by Thai?

Do you mean Thai airways or just Thai people in general?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sure nice story, all agreed, nice to hear the passenger got his bag back, but doesn't change my very negative attitude to Thai from many very poor customer service incidents. 

Agree, stopped flying with then over 10 years ago used to fly business class internationally the service went down and the fares up.

Arrived at the airport with my wife in Bangkok to fly back to Sydney told my booking had been cancelled despite that we had reconfirmed in person the day before at their office in Chiang Mai.

Totally disinterested had to wait until about 15 mins before the flight left to get a seat.

To this day despite many emails have never received an explanation and they have never received any more of my money.

Plenty of better airlines out there who know what service means.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What do you mean by Thai?

Do you mean Thai airways or just Thai people in general?

I mean Thai airways / Thai international airline.

Have you not noticed that this airline is commonly referred to as Thai.

If you'd like to go back along the thread Thai / Thai airways is mentioned many times. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Charge tickets via credit card. Lost baggage is covered.

They will reimburse you.

That would totally depend on the credit card LOL