Shout Out to Thai Airways

Brightly

2 years back we flew Sydney to Chiang Mai with Thai Airways, a short stop over in Bangkok, but our baggage booked through.Taking one large bag of the carousel at CM both wheels were broken. Went 2 days later to Thai Airways main office here in CM and a very pleasant guy said get them replaced and we will pay the total cost.So after a week, while Mr Bag got wheels up from Bangkok, we went back to the office and presented the receipt ,some 900 baht, and were given the full amount in cash and another apology.Apparently the baggage handlers in CM dont work for Thai Airways, they are outsourced.Obviously they could have been broken en route .

My Thai wife said a refund would never happen, a small victory marked up for me and thank you Thai Airways.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:41 PM, malibukid said:

i was traveling back to Bangkok after surgery in the U.S.  i had filed a SSR with for the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok.  Thai Airways ignored my Special Service Request upon deplaning in BKK.  would not assist me with my luggage since i was not "flying in Business Class" this was the only explanation i was given.  was left at the top of the stairs with no assistance what so ever.

I have found Thai fine both as Smile and as Thai Airways International on service, but on long haul often higher priced. All airlines have blips in service sometimes, some are always poor!

Archived