Parking

thejcb

5 minutes ago, thejcb said:

Thanks Joseph,  what time would I need to be there and if I miss it are there other possibilities ?

I don't usually use that station but I travel from the next one, Hua Mark, and that is usually full up and double parked by 8.30am or so.  

Maybe someone who uses that station could be more precise but you may be able to get a space at the far end from the station (a few hundred metres away) or park along the main frontage road, although I wouldn't personally like to do that.

Thanks Joseph,  what time would I need to be there and if I miss it are there other possibilities ?

I don't usually use that station but I travel from the next one, Hua Mark, and that is usually full up and double parked by 8.30am or so.  

Maybe someone who uses that station could be more precise but you may be able to get a space at the far end from the station (a few hundred metres away) or park along the main frontage road, although I wouldn't personally like to do that.

Again thanks,  so 7:30 - 8:00am would generally be fine,  I'll want to be there this coming Monday Morning,  what are the usual car park charges.  I presume just a few baht per day.

Just now, thejcb said:

Again thanks,  so 7:30 - 8:00am would generally be fine,  I'll want to be there this coming Monday Morning,  what are the usual car park charges.  I presume just a few baht per day.

Yeah I think you'd be fine at 7.30am even though it will be busy.  And there's no charge - it is free.

Hi Joseph,  Got there a 7:30 and still quite a few places available.

When I arrived back in late afternoon, the cars had been double parked, hand brake off stuff.  Thanks for your input, this saved me a lot of concerns and time.  

Nb. Nobody else responded, only you, but your single response was enough ! 

43 minutes ago, thejcb said:

Great that you came back, thanked him and provided more info for anyone else reading in.  Kudos for that.

And thank your lucky stars you didn't get 5 pages of guys with nothing better to do than diss you for a) even driving in BKK, b) contributing to global warming, c) not knowing everything they do about Thailand, d) well, you get the idea. 

Sometimes, less is better.  Then the good info doesn't get lost in the noise.

6 hours ago, thejcb said:

Hi Joseph,  Got there a 7:30 and still quite a few places available.

When I arrived back in late afternoon, the cars had been double parked, hand brake off stuff.  Thanks for your input, this saved me a lot of concerns and time.  

Thanks for the update.  Like Impulse said, it's always nice when someone comes back to say thanks and give updated info that might be useful for others - usually people don't bother.

And the other stuff he said is true too.  ????

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Great that you came back, thanked him and provided more info for anyone else reading in.  Kudos for that.

And thank your lucky stars you didn't get 5 pages of guys with nothing better to do than diss you for a) even driving in BKK, b) contributing to global warming, c) not knowing everything they do about Thailand, d) well, you get the idea. 

Sometimes, less is better.  Then the good info doesn't get lost in the noise.

You missed one.  e) telling you the ARL is the worst thing in the world and only a fool would consider using it - especially at that time in the morning.  Take a cab or drive etc etc.

Archived