Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

EU rebuffs May, says no-plan Brexiteers deserve 'place in hell'

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

o

should UK opt to remain, not much clout left now, not many would be interested in

UKs views on constitutional improvements.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The arrogant b4stards never were interested. Cameron discovered that the hard way.

 

Note Melvin - you may wish otherwise but the UK will NOT opt to remain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

 

Tusk also was the first senior European to suggest the UK should hold another referendum, withdraw Article 50, and stay in the EU. Something he really would like to see.

 

A man of vision and integrity, prepared to say what many are thinking but daren't say.

 

Pity there are none of his character in British politics at the moment.

A man of vision and integrity, prepared to say what many are thinking but daren't say.

 

There's a reason why many daren't say it you know?

 

Those people who want to say it but won't, are the same people who voted in favour of letting the public decide, the same people who voted in favour of triggering A50, the same people who campaigned on manifestos promising to implement Brexit.

 

And you think, what would really give these people the character, vision and integrity of a great man like Tusk, would be to say, "Yeah, you know all those promises i made, i actually only made them because i thought you'd vote in the way that i wanted you to. Since you didn't, i really can't make good on what i said. Oops. Whoops-a-daisy. Sorry about that. Tell you what though, if you wouldn't mind just voting again for me, and this time, vote the way i want you to, and then i really do pinky promise that i'll do exactly as you tell me to. You have my word".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The same the Germans can do with regards to their president. So what?

The argument that was being made by Spidey was that the EU president was elected "Pretty much like the British Prime Minister then".

 

To repeat, no, the difference is that British people have a means of getting May out of office if they wish to. How can British people get Juncker out of office if they wish to?

 

No idea how your comment above relates to any of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grouse said:

Damn, I'll have to move on....😉

 

Not all Brexiters are the same. I needed a collective term to describe those who didn't really understand what was going on but were still staunch Brexiters.

 

Clearly Boris and Mogg are alphas. Bad ones...

 

Many, indeed most, Brexiters here are knowledgeable of the facts. We just agree to differ.

I thought Epsilon was German for the letter Y and erudite was superglue 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, rixalex said:

The argument that was being made by Spidey was that the EU president was elected "Pretty much like the British Prime Minister then".

Which is true. 

 

54 minutes ago, rixalex said:

To repeat, no, the difference is that British people have a means of getting May out of office if they wish to. How can British people get Juncker out of office if they wish to?

By the same means the British people can get May out: representative  democracy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Which is true. 

 

By the same means the British people can get May out: representative  democracy. 

wonder why the Brexiters refer to the EU as a tyranny type of institution all because it doesn't go their way..... but they claim UK to be a democracy, if so, be open mind and respect opinions of others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

wonder why the Brexiters refer to the EU as a tyranny type of institution all because it doesn't go their way..... but they claim UK to be a democracy, if so, be open mind and respect opinions of others

Brexiteers’ understanding of proper democracy is dictatorship by manipulated opinion polls. That’s why EU politicians are “unelected” for them: there are no referendums they can manipulate to get their preferred fat-right idiots in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Which is true. 

 

By the same means the British people can get May out: representative  democracy. 

What are you going on about?

 

I have explained how the British public can get May out of office. Please explain by what means the British public can get Juncker out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rixalex said:

What are you going on about?

 

I have explained how the British public can get May out of office. Please explain by what means the British public can get Juncker out?

I told you: through the means of representative democracy. The same way you can get May out of office. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LucysDad said:

 

The arrogant b4stards never were interested. Cameron discovered that the hard way.

 

Note Melvin - you may wish otherwise but the UK will NOT opt to remain.

 

for me same same, I am not fussy

but the option to remain is still there, on the table, available

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Absolutely right. No turning back now! 

Looks like you are going to get your wish after all. Donald Tusk has just offered May a lifeline. Come back with the proposals that Corbyn has offered and we may have a deal. May bit his hand off.

 

So that's remain in the CM/CU, which would mean allowing the free movement of people in Europe, and continuing to impose EU legislation on workers rights, Health and Safety law etc.

 

Sounds good to me. Now remind me, just why did you Luddites want to leave the EU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Tusk will see hjs own Hell soon enuff, that he should not be worrying what other people will face when they get there. EU mucky muck, blaaa. bla.

Geezer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I told you: through the means of representative democracy. The same way you can get May out of office. 

"The same way you can get May out of office".

 

The way i can get May out of office is to vote for a party that doesn't have her as leader. Tell me how i can get Juncker out of office? Try to be a little more specific than, "through means of representative democracy", if you can.

 

Alternatively just be honest for a change and admit that the British electorate is powerless to remove him from office. You know. I know it. Everyone knows it. Why lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Sounds good to me. Now remind me, just why did you Luddites want to leave the EU?

Being talked down to by people who think they know better, like you, is part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Being talked down to by people who think they know better, like you, is part of it.

In or out of the EU, I'll still be here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...