BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

EU rebuffs May, says no-plan Brexiteers deserve 'place in hell'

26 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ok, I tried. I made it to just over 5 minutes. Following the unicorns comment we get:

'Brainless David Davis'

'No Brexiteer has a plan'

'Not a single post-Brexit plan anywhere'

I quit listening after that. Sweeping, unfounded and and offensive statements. He just sounds like a James O'Brien clone. 

I can understand remainers enjoying the video, because it plays to their tune. 

To this date, NO senior Brexiter has offered a future plan! It's a blindfold deal. Tusk was ABSOLUTELY correct and it's s damning indictment that Brexiters don't see it.

We ALL know what you don't want. Nobody knows what you DO want (probably because you haven't been Told yet 🙈

guys, what is happening now?

May has been in Brussels with her new backstop design,

talking with Juncker - Tusk - Barnier

Today she is in Ireland promoting her new backstop. 

OK, but what now?

34 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

guys, what is happening now?

May has been in Brussels with her new backstop design,

talking with Juncker - Tusk - Barnier

Today she is in Ireland promoting her new backstop. 

OK, but what now?

The EU are still saying there is no further negotiation possible on the Withdrawal Agreement. So no change to the backstop is possible according to the EU negotiators, and good ol Leo Varadkar. 

It seems the EU are willing to tweak the Political Declaration to give further assurances around the backstop. But as I understand it, the PD is not legally binding, so to me it sounds like May has wasted her time. 

8 hours ago, evadgib said:

I thought Epsilon was German for the letter Y and erudite was superglue 😊

That is the most intelligent retort I have seen here in a very long time.

No way you're a Brexiter, you're secret is safe with me though!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

43 minutes ago, Grouse said:

To this date, NO senior Brexiter has offered a future plan! It's a blindfold deal. Tusk was ABSOLUTELY correct and it's s damning indictment that Brexiters don't see it.

We ALL know what you don't want. Nobody knows what you DO want (probably because you haven't been Told yet 🙈

I think it's more accurate to say that senior Brexiters all have different ideas. Some want a comprehensive FTA (Farage, Redwood), some want Swiss/Norway/EFTA (e.g. Hannan). But ultimately the government are the only ones who can negotiate, and the government are completely split over the plan. And May is simply inept. 

On 2/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, evadgib said:

I shall wear that with honour🤭

Now, thats exactly what is wrong with your lot.

Rather death than loosing pride isn't it?

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think it's more accurate to say that senior Brexiters all have different ideas. Some want a comprehensive FTA (Farage, Redwood), some want Swiss/Norway/EFTA (e.g. Hannan). But ultimately the government are the only ones who can negotiate, and the government are completely split over the plan. And May is simply inept. 

right ta,

think I sort of understood so much

but what is her plan now? re progressing the process?

I learn she wants to postpone decision making in parliament .....

36 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

right ta,

think I sort of understood so much

but what is her plan now? re progressing the process?

I learn she wants to postpone decision making in parliament .....

The way she is behaving, I think she could be playing for one of two outcomes - I don't know which:

1. running down the clock so that we leave with no deal (which I think is impossible anyway because the Remain majority in Parliament won't allow it)

or 

2. negotiating so poorly that the country gives up and decides to cancel Brexit

I suppose the 3rd possibility is that she actually believes she can get the Withdrawal Agreement through Parliament if she keeps trying - which would simply indicate that she lacks intelligence. 

Breaking news - SATAN has let it be known that, contrary to previous reports, he cannot provide future accommodation to Brexiteers, Farage and Johnson in particular. We do have SOME standards, he said.191224308_ScreenShot2019-02-08at20_07_38.png.bbd96787efbb5bcb843505e75438fe4c.png 

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So, be responsible; pause until there is cogent, coherent plan. Please?

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So, be responsible; pause until there is cogent, coherent plan. Please?

I would agree with you there.  So long as we had assurances that the pause was not just an attempt to prolong / cancel the Brexit process. 

Also the EU don't want the UK to still be a member when the EU elections begin in May. 

18 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Breaking news - SATAN has let it be known that, contrary to previous reports, he cannot provide future accommodation to Brexiteers, Farage and Johnson in particular. We do have SOME standards, he said.191224308_ScreenShot2019-02-08at20_07_38.png.bbd96787efbb5bcb843505e75438fe4c.png 

Yeah, Old Nick said sorry but we're completely booked out with ex EU Commissioners. 🇪🇺

I haven't read all 16 pages, so forgive me if these points have been made previously.

Tusk didn't express himself very well, but he made a very valid point. After the referendum it soon became obvious that nobody on the Leave side had any idea of what to do now they had won. Maybe they expected to lose?

Many (most, all?) Brexiteers are blaming May for the lack of a deal acceptable to Parliament; claiming that as she was a Remainer she is in some way trying to sabotage Brexit.

What those people conveniently forget is that when Cameron resigned, no Brexiteer wanted the job! They all saw it for the poisoned chalice which it is. Boris withdrew from the contest, Gove withdrew from the contest; cowards both. They both knew that obtaining a Brexit deal which pleased everybody was impossible; May knew this, too; but unlike them had the guts to try for the best possible compromise.

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The way she is behaving, I think she could be playing for one of two outcomes - I don't know which:

1. running down the clock so that we leave with no deal (which I think is impossible anyway because the Remain majority in Parliament won't allow it)

or 

2. negotiating so poorly that the country gives up and decides to cancel Brexit

I suppose the 3rd possibility is that she actually believes she can get the Withdrawal Agreement through Parliament if she keeps trying - which would simply indicate that she lacks intelligence. 

or maybe she still thinks that there is scope for a new deal in Brussels

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

or maybe she still thinks that there is scope for a new deal in Brussels

I would like to think there was scope for new new deal. But she doesn't show any signs of being capable of changing course.