BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

EU rebuffs May, says no-plan Brexiteers deserve 'place in hell'

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

He started of quite well, but as soon as he said the word 'unicorns' I switched off. Pity he brought it down to playground level rather than keeping it objective. 

........as if the Hard Brexiteers either know or want it any other way.

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I would like to think there was scope for new new deal. But she doesn't show any signs of being capable of changing course. 

too bad

the time to do it is certainly available

lack of political will in EU - lack of political talent in UK

a sorry state

17 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Omg.

The britisch public Can Not vote out Junker alone. If Junker got the majority of the other members of the European parliament of the other 27 states. The EU is the voluntary association of sovereign states with the aim of promoting and securing the prosperity of all its members. All EU decisions are always compromises of all 28 member States. The national egotistical anguish is not so much in demand there.

The world is not rotating around the UK alone. 

You've made my point (as well as throwing in the usual and seemingly obligatory remain insults for good measure).

Remainers on here were claiming that removing Juncker could be done by British voters in the same way as removing May. It's completely untrue, as you state in the above.

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

What those people conveniently forget is that when Cameron resigned, no Brexiteer wanted the job! They all saw it for the poisoned chalice which it is. Boris withdrew from the contest, Gove withdrew from the contest; cowards both.

it is simply not true. Boris went for the job and knew he wouldn't get the required votes to win, knowing many in his party are remainers. History has shown that to be true.

Cowards. Where is your evidence for that?:coffee1: Gove a back stabber for sure.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/boris-johnson-rules-himself-out-of-tory-leadership-race-brexit-eu-referendum

I still believe the whole reason for TM getting the job was to either keep the UK in the EU or give a deal so bad we end up staying in the EU. Her resilience or unwillingness to leave as leader is showing this IMHO.  As a remainer how can your heart and soul be in the job especially with the way she has been treated by her party and the EU. Well unless you are a remainer and are doing exactly what was always planned. Keep the UK shackled to the EU.

10 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Remainers on here were claiming that removing Juncker could be done by British voters in the same way as removing May. It's completely untrue, as you state in the above.

No, remainers, quite rightly, stated that Junker could be removed by European voters in the same way that May could be removed by British voters.

Unfortunately, if you ain't in the club, you don't get a vote. Which is why I've always maintained that it would be better to remain than leave. It's far better to be inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in. I'm very disappointed in the British electorate, I always saw us as a nation that stayed and fought rather than ran and hid.

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No, remainers, quite rightly, stated that Junker could be removed by European voters in the same way that May could be removed by British voters.

The assertion was that Juncker could be removed by British voters in the same way that they could remove May. You know this isn't true. Why lie? It doesn't advance your argument. The reverse.

As already stated by one of your fellow remainers, British voters shouldn't single-handedly have the power to remove him, as Britain is just one nation out of 28.

3 minutes ago, rixalex said:

The assertion was that Juncker could be removed by British voters in the same way that they could remove May. You know this isn't true. Why lie? It doesn't advance your argument. The reverse.

Untrue. Sorry, don't the facts suit your agenda?

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Untrue. Sorry, don't the facts suit your agenda?

They aren't facts. And you know it.

1 minute ago, rixalex said:

They aren't facts. And you know it.

Yes they are and I know it. Clearly you don't understand how democracy vis-à-vis the European parliament works.....or you don't want to understand it.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:12 AM, david555 said:

But really had a good fun of it ...:cheesy:

2019-02-08_004510.png

May be ,   we  will never meet her again. 

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

May be ,   we  will never meet her again. 

Or, "Thanks for getting rid of Mme. Nebulous.

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yes they are and I know it. Clearly you don't understand how democracy vis-à-vis the European parliament works.....or you don't want to understand it.

I understand it just fine. And i know, as do you, that the British voting public does have the power to vote out May, it doesn't have the power to vote out Juncker.

1 hour ago, rixalex said:

As already stated by one of your fellow remainers, British voters shouldn't single-handedly have the power to remove him, as Britain is just one nation out of 28.

Which means “the way” is the same: casting a vote for your  representative to act on your behalf. The fact that not only the British but the whole electorate gets a vote doesn’t make it “undemocratic” or  anyone “unelected”. Quite the contrary. That would be like Scottish or Welsh people saying the British MP is “unelected” because their nations are just one out of four.