EU rebuffs May, says no-plan Brexiteers deserve 'place in hell'

webfact

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Please expand, but I still think you are deflecting somewhat. So are you saying his insults are warranted?

Yes

Brexiters STILL do not have a clear plan of what they want in future even after 3 years

We know what you don't want but not what you do want

inane

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JAG said:

The pathetic limpwristed and incompetent government with which the UK is currently saddled has from the very start approached the who;e matter with the intention of not actually leaving the EU. They have made no concrete proposals, rather they started the whole process by essentially agreeing to pay the EU an eye-watering sum of money. Once that was offered and accepted, they then turned their attention to arranging (not negotiating) an arrangement which effectively binds the UK to the EU permanently, with no representation or input. A vassal state, as it has been described. To nobody's surprise, it was rejected by parliament, they (the government) are the ones who have closed their eyes and are dreaming.

As for Tusk, and his coterie of unelected, essentially unaccountable "Presidents", Commissioners" and assorted functionaries, (who have managed to invest themselves with all the trappings and titles of a putative European Federal State), they too are party to it. They must have thought May and her government's intentions to be just the ticket. They "own" the mess to a similar extent. Tusk is perched triumphantly on top of this steaming crock of shit, proclaiming "about special places in hell" for those who don't want it. 

The referendum, subsequent acts of parliament, and a general election, all determined that the UK would leave the EU. Parliament decided, absolutely constitutionally, that should happen in March 2019. This charged the government with making adequate arrangements, which parliament could pass into law. The government has failed (deliberately in my opinion), to make any sort of adequate arrangements. Tusk knew that - he must have done - just as he must have known that May's deal would not pass parliament.

Now, I believe that you are a Canadian, Samui Bodoh? Would you, in the context of the North American continent, (were your various trade agreements to have progressed in the way that the EU has), be happy to allow a second rate Mexican politician, for whom you cannot vote, either to put in or remove from office, pass those sort of comments, or head an organisation in which he could essentially tell Canada what it could or could not think or decide, no matter what your House of Commons or Senate decided or wished?

I'm sure you wouldn't, but that is what you are suggesting that the UK should be.

So, what is the Brexiter plan? What DO you want in future? NOT what you don't want. 

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Very misleading headline for the article.

Mr Tusk said: “I’ve been wondering what a special place in hell looks like for people who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely.”

Not the same.

and do not forget the 17 million who voted for hell...

26 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

in democracy people have freedom of speech and freedom of opinion.... the man is right and he's frustrated with all the non sense from the Tories, give high 5's

The Poles, of all people, have a right to say it as it is.

I was impressed with the precision of his words. Not bad when English is not your first language.

and they wonder why 17 million of us voted to leave.  Yet one more pathetic statement from the undemocratic morons that run the EU.  Hard Brexit works for me, the less we have to do with the EU Organisation itself the better.  The EU is not Europe or Europeans. The other members will wake up soon enough, apart from the eastern Europe States, who do very well out of it by the millions spent on them by the EU, for no return that I can see.  

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

3 years almost! A deal could have been thrashed out as soon as the referendum result was known. A few meetings and some video conferencing should have had a deal thrashed out in a short period of time. If nothing could be agreed within say 6 months, then we should have walked away, we would be 2 years down the road to a recovery and new trade deals, with decent trading partners not the grater Eu federation pi** takers

With comments like this I never know if delusional people like this really exist or if this is supposed to be a joke.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I lost interest in clowns when I was 10 years old, watching Tusk Juncker and Verstadt performing their act does nothing for me now. The sooner we leave the big top the better.

Did you have a look at the alternative clowns in the UK?

30 minutes ago, Grouse said:
1 hour ago, vogie said:

Please expand, but I still think you are deflecting somewhat. So are you saying his insults are warranted?

Yes

Brexiters STILL do not have a clear plan of what they want in future even after 3 years

inane

It seems they know what they want. They want to have the cake and eat it and they want lots of cherries on top.

Maybe they should call Santa Claus with their wish list. Maybe add a few unicorns. 555

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t hold the view that Tusk has insulted anyone.

Insults dishes out by Johnson and Farage are a matter of public record.

Some people that are overly biased and predjudiced may share the same view as yourself, suffice to say, "he said it, he owns it"

18 minutes ago, Basil B said:

and do not forget the 17 million who voted for hell...

No, most of these 17 million voted for heaven, because that is what was promised to them.

Obviously they should have looked closer if heaven was realistic. But it seems UK politicians blamed everything bad since decades on the EU. So it's no surprise that people wanted something better.

I also want to be a millionaire but I am still suspicious when I received these emails from Nigeria promising multiple millions...

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

The Lady was too weak to negotiate her way out of a paper bag,

that is the problem,we had no one strong enough to stand up

to the EU,she just caved into all their demands and got nothing.

regards worgeordie

And why didn't her party elect a new competent leader to negotiate a good Brexit deal?

Is it possible that that didn't happen because they all knew nobody will be able to deliver mission impossible?

Where are all the wonderful solutions form all the hard Brexiters? They have no solutions!

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems they know what they want. They want to have the cake and eat it and they want lots of cherries on top.

Maybe they should call Santa Claus with their wish list. Maybe add a few unicorns. 555

Do you not have anything more original?

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, most of these 17 million voted for heaven, because that is what was promised to them.

Obviously they should have looked closer if heaven was realistic. But it seems UK politicians blamed everything bad since decades on the EU. So it's no surprise that people wanted something better.

I also want to be a millionaire but I am still suspicious when I received these emails from Nigeria promising multiple millions...

Yes, I now reply to those Nigerian guys offering to sell them 17 million email addresses of those who voted leave.

29 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Yes

inane

That's quite easy. They want the UK economy to crash, businesses to move to Europe, massive job losses, 50 mile lorry tailbacks at Dover, rationing of basic goods like in the 50's, a limited supply of basic medical needs, barren shelves in Tesco, a devaluation of the pound by another 25%, and after about five years of negotiations maybe reach a 20% tariff trade agreement with the Falklands and Iceland, which will suit Rees Mogg's emerging markets hedge fund. 

What everyone else wants is not that Mad Max scenario...

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Nothing could be further from the truth. Series currently running on the BBC on the 10 years leading up to Brexit.

Do you remember Cameron, under pressure from the Euro Sceptics, going to Brussels, cap in hand, asking for concessions on how we deal with migrants from within the EU, the big issue of the day?

Donald Tusk did everything he could to obtain those concessions for the UK, fighting hard to achieve the deal that meant that GB no longer needed to pay benefits for EU migrants for 7 years.

It's true that he fought hard to keep Britain in the EU, a cause he genuinely believed in, but did everything he could to accommodate Britain in that aim. A friend to GB, not an enemy.

He is now bitterly disappointed that, despite all his efforts, we still decided to leave. His vitriol is reserved for Brexiteers only and recognises that a large minority of Brits voted to stay. AS such he is still a friend to Britain.

One of the good guys in Europe.

But the majority voted to leave.  That's 'democracy', a word and meaning unknown to the EU bureaucrats. I'm sure that he can find someone to translate it for him.   

Just now, Pilotman said:

But the majority voted to leave.  That's 'democracy', a word and meaning unknown to the EU bureaucrats. I'm sure that he can find someone to translate it for him.   

He was expressing his personal opinion, something he could arguably criticised for, given his position, but it's what the US has the First Amendment for any why their President is allowed to spew his bile.

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And why didn't her party elect a new competent leader to negotiate a good Brexit deal?

Is it possible that that didn't happen because they all knew nobody will be able to deliver mission impossible?

Where are all the wonderful solutions form all the hard Brexiters? They have no solutions!

Because there was not a competent leader available !, the negotiators 

all seem to forget, to negotiate ,and not just cave in to all the EU's

demands,the only solution now is just to leave and give them NOWT.

regards Worgeordie

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Exactly. Brexiteers around JRM and his buddies had their chance to oust her and get in charge of Brexit. They didn’t. Losers. 

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

But were unable to elucidate what precisely they wanted. 

Tusk is pointing out that Brexit leaders never offered a future plan

25 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So what lie did Tusk speak?

There still is no plan.

And, I will not take lessons on morality from an 18th century throwback.

No lie, he made sense the problem as I see it from the beginning that whatever the plan the likes of him in the EU would never accept/except anything that did not had some kind of control over the UK. 

Having a remainer in charge of UK has not helped at all.

43 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and they wonder why 17 million of us voted to leave.  Yet one more pathetic statement from the undemocratic morons that run the EU.  Hard Brexit works for me, the less we have to do with the EU Organisation itself the better.  The EU is not Europe or Europeans. The other members will wake up soon enough, apart from the eastern Europe States, who do very well out of it by the millions spent on them by the EU, for no return that I can see.  

Not an impressive post; read a bit more history.

I note you were confused army reference to the Poles elsewhere. Nothing can be understood clearly without the historical context.

Please lay out for us what you wish to see in future...

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

But were unable to elucidate what precisely they wanted. 

Tusk is pointing out that Brexit leaders never offered a future plan

Correct, but in an insulting manner. Justify it as much as you want, he gaffed. Insults do not help anyone at this late stage of brexit.

But there again it's not long ago he insulted PM May, he doesn't seem to have any self control.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

What a fine statesman Tusk is, if he thinks insulting other nations is fine and dandy, he is wrong. He has and still is doing more for the brexit cause than Jeremy Corbyn could even dream of. He is used to getting his own way, and when he doesn't, he just cannot control himself.

Was there not so a British minister comparing E.U. with " Russia  behavior " ….,?? A short while ago ….:biggrin:  

P.E.D. once more …(Post Empire Syndrome….:biggrin:..)

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No lie, he made sense the problem as I see it from the beginning that whatever the plan the likes of him in the EU would never accept/except anything that did not had some kind of control over the UK. 

Having a remainer in charge of UK has not helped at all.

I was referring to Mogg's statement

Archived