BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

EU rebuffs May, says no-plan Brexiteers deserve 'place in hell'

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Just like "Game of Thrones". Sorry, have I spoiled the last episode for you?

Do you think May will walk naked out of the fire?

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Correct. We'll be reunited with the EU, Moggy, Boris and Gormless Gove, will sacrifice May before the altar and then battle for her throne amongst themselves. The winner will take all and peace will reign over the land once again.

Just like "Game of Thrones". Sorry, have I spoiled the last episode for you?

Not really. I haven't actually seen the programme & until recently thought it was something played at a childrens party at their Great Grandma's gaff in Westminster😎

14 hours ago, evadgib said:

Unity will follow after 29 March.

If there is a soft Brexit?

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, Loiner said:

For most of your sob story, that’s a whole different thread. Please deflect and throw names elsewhere.

No name calling and not deflecting; responding to your comments; which you repeat

Regarding the EU:
If we are not in the EU we do not have to be allocated any of Merkel’s million.

Any such allocation will only be done with the agreement of the member states concerned.

If we are not in the EU we will never be forced to become part of Schengen. We will not be part of the ultimate free movement.

Both the UK and the RoI have cast iron guarantees that we have opted out of Schengen. If we remained in the EU then we could not be forced to join; and neither can the RoI.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:36 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

You don't have play the victim and racist card which I find a weak argument and offensive. I will reply properly tomorrow.

I have played neither; except to show that racism did play a part in some people's decision to vote leave; as that video proves. there are plenty of other examples for those who are not to blind to see.

Victim? Only in as much as every single British citizen living in the UK (do you?) is a victim of this ill advised decision; particularly if we leave without a deal.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:22 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Same old rhetoric. People didn't know what they voted for. They are uneducated. It was about immigration. It would seem all justifications for some posters to say you were wrong. Lets have another vote.

I have never said anyone was uneducated; ill informed, yes. Though, of course, this means they were uneducated and ignorant of the real consequences of leaving the EU, for sure; but you are equating this with them being called stupid and of low IQs; which is most certainly not what I am doing.

An American acquaintance of mine has a PhD in physics; but knows nothing of cricket. He is highly educated physics and many other subjects and intelligent; but completely uneducated and ignorant of the rules of cricket. Saying so does not mean I am calling him stupid and of a low IQ.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:22 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

You do play the racist card at every opportunity. It doesn't matter what some people may have or may not have campaigned for. I didn't even care. i voted leave for my reasons. nothing to do with immigration although I had seen the way the UK has gone and not in a good direction IMHO.

No, I mention racism when it is relevant. Of course, it does matter in a civilised society what people campaigned for. A campaign based on lies and hate is not acceptable to British values; even though you seem to think that it is. Both my father and mother served in a war against a government who thought that way; they would be spinning in their graves to hear remarks like that!

Racism, whether aimed at EU nationals or others, may not have played a part in your reasons for voting Leave; but it is obvious from many sources that it was one of, in many cases the, major reasons for many who did vote that way.

Your comments about Thai immigration only show that you are an anti immigration immigrant. Though no doubt you will say that you  not, and will not be on your return, an immigrant because your visa says 'non immigrant!' 

It also shows a complete lack of knowledge (dare I say ignorance?) of what rights immigrants to the UK, especially non EEA nationals, have.

25 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Mogg on Tusk:

tsk tsk tusk

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have played neither; except to show that racism did play a part in some people's decision to vote leave; as that video proves. there are plenty of other examples for those who are not to blind to see.

You have and no one video does not represent 'the people who voted leave'

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Victim? Only in as much as every single British citizen living in the UK (do you?) is a victim of this ill advised decision; particularly if we leave without a deal.

So yes then. Playing the victim. Born and bred in the UK, Served my country and decided to work overseas. Have a British passport that I am proud off.

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Your comments about Thai immigration only show that you are an anti immigration immigrant. Though no doubt you will say that you  not, and will not be on your return, an immigrant because your visa says 'non immigrant!'

You are talking rollocks. I am anti immigration immigrant. No, I respect the rules of the country. Thailand and now China. I am a guest not after any special treatment and don't expect it. Unlike those supporting certain religions I don't claim to get any privileges. I pay my taxes and I can be thrown out of the country at any time. I am not whinging like many immigrants in the UK going on about their religion not being respected or supposedly how difficult their country was.

The rest of your post isn't worth replying too.

Both the UK and the RoI have cast iron guarantees that we have opted out of Schengen. If we remained in the EU then we could not be forced to join; and neither can the RoI.

Oh hello, TVF’s resident sympathiser is back.

Yes, ‘you’ collectively throw your general insults around far too much for A EU thread.
‘Agreement’ to allocation of Merkel’s guests would be made through coercion or other political methods. If we are no longer in the EU they can’t do it.
Cast iron guarantees from the EU May mean something to you, but zilch to me. If we are no longer in the EU we cannot be forced into Schengen.
No matter what the status is right now, it can always be changed. It probably would by by The Lisbon Treaty. I will never trust the EU or it’s europhiles, so would always vote Leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have and no one video does not represent 'the people who voted leave'

I know, which is why I said 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, 7by7 said:

there are plenty of other examples for those who are not to blind to see.

So yes then. Playing the victim. Born and bred in the UK, Served my country and decided to work overseas. Have a British passport that I am proud off.

Like I said, all of us who actually live in the UK will be victims of Brexit; especially a no deal one. Higher unemployment as foreign companies relocate to the EU or increase in vestment there instead of here. Higher food prices if we have to pay WTO tariffs on imported food, being just the most obvious ill effects.

Ill effects you will escape; no matter how proud off (sic) your British passport you are.

You are talking rollocks. I am anti immigration immigrant. No, I respect the rules of the country. Thailand and now China. I am a guest not after any special treatment and don't expect it. Unlike those supporting certain religions I don't claim to get any privileges. I pay my taxes and I can be thrown out of the country at any time. I am not whinging like many immigrants in the UK going on about their religion not being respected or supposedly how difficult their country was.

Straight out of the BNP handbook. Yes, there are immigrants, of all religions and none, in the UK who behave as you describe; just as there are British immigrants in Thailand and elsewhere who do the same. But they are a tiny minority.

The rest of your post isn't worth replying too.

Ditto your ignorant, xenophobic ranting.

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Oh hello, TVF’s resident sympathiser is back.

Resident sympathiser of what? The UK's membership of the EU; I have made no secret that I believe that is what is the best for the UK's future.

But unlike you, I base that belief and my arguments on actual facts; not 'facts' which I have made up!

Yes, ‘you’ collectively throw your general insults around far too much for A EU thread.

General insults? Any examples, because you never give any despite making this claim every time you address me!

Look back over the topic, it was not I who brought non EEA migration and other matters into the topic!

‘Agreement’ to allocation of Merkel’s guests would be made through coercion or other political methods.

Showing you ignorance again; Merkel cannot coerce other members into anything. Only the council of ministers can, and only then with unanimous agreement on such important matters. 

If we are no longer in the EU they can’t do it. 

If I cut my leg off I'll never have an ingrowing toe nail!

If we stay in the EU we will have a say on every decision it makes, and on things as important as this; a veto.

Cast iron guarantees from the EU May mean something to you, but zilch to me. If we are no longer in the EU we cannot be forced into Schengen.

As my reply above.

No matter what the status is right now, it can always be changed. It probably would by by The Lisbon Treaty.

As already said to you many times, only with the unanimous agreement of all member states. I've suggested to you before that you actually look into what the Lisbon Treaty really says rather than relying on extreme Brexiteer hyperbole; but it seems you have chosen to believe the hyperbole instead. 

When you're not simply making things up yourself.

I will never trust the EU or it’s europhiles, so would always vote Leave.

A sentiment based on lies and half truths; some you've copied from others, some you've made up for yourself.

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

But unlike you, I base that belief and my arguments on actual facts; not 'facts' which I have made up!

Come on 49, your 'facts' are little more that elaborately dressed guesswork with the odd big word or chart thrown in ala Gyles Brandreth:

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I know, which is why I said 

Like I said, all of us who actually live in the UK will be victims of Brexit; especially a no deal one. Higher unemployment as foreign companies relocate to the EU or increase in vestment there instead of here. Higher food prices if we have to pay WTO tariffs on imported food, being just the most obvious ill effects.

Ill effects you will escape; no matter how proud off (sic) your British passport you are.

Straight out of the BNP handbook. Yes, there are immigrants, of all religions and none, in the UK who behave as you describe; just as there are British immigrants in Thailand and elsewhere who do the same. But they are a tiny minority.

Ditto your ignorant, xenophobic ranting.

Typical I don't agree with you so your a xenophobe, racist. Also as I don't live in the UK at present then I can't have a say in the politics and running of the country that I served.

Don't bother replying I now know why I use to ignore your replies.

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

Come on 49, your 'facts' are little more that elaborately dressed guesswork with the odd big word or chart thrown in ala Gyles Brandreth:

God, I still miss HIGNFY (one of the few programmes that could make me laugh out loud), and really must get round to sorting out a way to be able to watch those programmes I miss!

Thank you - a much appreciated clip from HIGNFY. 😁