Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

EU rebuffs May, says no-plan Brexiteers deserve 'place in hell'

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Show me where I have listened to this man.:coffee1:

If you can't then apologise.

You mirror his views.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Show me where I have listened to this man.:coffee1:

If you can't then apologise.

 

9 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you can't show me where I have listened to his view then? Is there an apology?
 

For your information I do not mirror his views. It is easy to state that. If he and I don't know, believes in Brexit then you are right. The rest I am nothing like him or his views.

I’m not sure how you can assuredly assert ‘I’m nothing like him or his views’ without having listened to him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you can't show me where I have listened to his view then? Is there an apology?
 

For your information I do not mirror his views. It is easy to state that. If he and I don't know, believes in Brexit then you are right. The rest I am nothing like him or his views.

You have consistently expressed a racist attitude throughout this thread. It's you that should apologise, not me. However I'm glad to see that it's the only thing that you disagreed with in my post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, rixalex said:

A patriot wouldn't make the sweeping and unfair judgements that you do on your "fellow" countrymen.

 

As far as racism goes, if you are against it, i don't understand how you can support the current British immigration policy that treats immigrants from inside the EU so differently from those outside.

 

I know why remainers like Grouse supports it. He thinks those from inside the EU are more his kind of people. People from Africa and Asia... nah, not so much. Foreign is ok, but not too foreign please.

You are drawing a very very long bow there to say that if you support freedom of movement of people from the same economic grouping as you then you are somehow ‘racist’. It simply makes sense that if you are in the same economy block, fee movement all the factors of production are left unhindered. 

 

Viewed in the context of the virulent nationalism which caused 2 great wars on the European continent it is anything but ‘racist’ to support free moment.

 

Letting your former enemy come and live and work on your own soil with the same rights as a native person, well that is a remarkably un-predjudiced thing to do when viewed through the lense history.

 

And, I must say, having migrated to the UK once upon a time (my head isn’t so far up my own arse that i have  to call myself an expat)  under the famed ‘points system’ that brexiters want (note, you actually had the scheme from 2003 to 2008), I just want to make the point that successive governments actually did away with the scheme to placate the people who were voting for anti-immigrant parties.

 

Hard to imagine these same folk are going to be opening their arms just because they have come on a points system.

 

They won’t. And you know they won’t, cause under a system like this, people will be even better educated, better skilled and based on the experience of Canada, Australia and NZ, significantly darker in skin tone. And if they can’t handle Eastern Europeans very well in Sunderland, I dare say they are going to have some real trouble with your new post brexit wave of migrants.

 

 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, samran said:

You are drawing a very very long bow there to say that if you support freedom of movement of people from the same economic grouping as you then you are somehow ‘racist’. It simply makes sense that if you are in the same economy block, fee movement all the factors of production are left unhindered.

An immigration policy that treats immigrants differently dependent on whether they happen to have been born inside the EU, or whether they were born outside it, IS highly discriminatory, and justifying it as just something that makes sense in terms of being part an economic block, let's be honest, is pretty weak.

 

You are very casually putting economic pragmatism ahead of fairness and equality.

 

If you support free movement and see yourself as an egalitarian, as most remainers seem to, how about a bit of consistency? Make it free for all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rixalex said:

A patriot wouldn't make the sweeping and unfair judgements that you do on your "fellow" countrymen.

 

No logic in that I'm afraid. Respect is earned not given with nationality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rixalex said:

As far as racism goes, if you are against it, i don't understand how you can support the current British immigration policy that treats immigrants from inside the EU so differently from those outside.

 

I don't support totally free movement from within the EU. I think that we should stay in the EU and fight for change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, rixalex said:

An immigration policy that treats immigrants differently dependent on whether they happen to have been born inside the EU, or whether they were born outside it, IS highly discriminatory, and justifying it as just something that makes sense in terms of being part an economic block, let's be honest, is pretty weak.

 

You are very casually putting economic pragmatism ahead of fairness and equality.

 

If you support free movement and see yourself as an egalitarian, as most remainers seem to, how about a bit of consistency? Make it free for all.

You implied in a previous post that support of free movement is racist. It isn’t. 

 

Is it discriminatory and preferential? Yep. That is the nature and the raisin d’etre of economic blocs at their most basic. I’ve got no great issue with that all things considered. 

 

It isn’t just economics that justifies it, though I’d argue that it a bigger factor than you give it credit for. Add this to the European project - a union where people can live and work beside each other rather than killing each other, then you have a wonderful argument for free movement. 

 

But back to discrimination. Just like over 50’s can come and live in Thailand just by chucking GBP 20K in the bank, it is discriminatory. 

 

Just like cinemas, utilities and public transport give pensioners discounts. It is discriminatory.

 

So I guess if you decide to rip up your pensioners discount card, and you go out to convince others here foregoe living in Thailand on a retirement visa, I’ll start listening to you about egalitarianism. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quoted wrong post.

Edited by Spidey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Staying in the EU will always mean treating EU immigrants vastly different from non EU immigrants. It's a central concept of the EU.

That doesn't necessarily mean that it's racist. If you filter migrants on economic grounds (as Thailand does) or on grounds of bringing needed skills into the country (as Australia does) it isn't racist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No logic in that I'm afraid. Respect is earned not given with nationality.

Well, if you don't respect people until you deem they have earnt it, that's a pretty negative mindset.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...