British man leaps to his death from Pattaya condo

webfact

British man leaps to his death from Pattaya condo

1pm.jpg

Picture: Ruk Siam News

A British man has died after falling from a condominium in Pattaya. 

Pol Lt Naret Phumsuk and Sawang Boriboon foundation responded to the guard's call yesterday evening after he heard a heavy thud. 

The rescue services found Brian Dobing, 60, with multiple fractures by the entrance to building A2 at the Sai 2 condo that was not named. 

A large crowd of onlookers were kept back as CPR was performed but it was too late. 

He had also been treated for panic disorder at a hospital, the police discovered. 

The body was taken to the Police Hospital for an autopsy.

The police suspect that mental problems led the victim to commit suicide.

No mention was made in the Ruk Siam News story of any check of the deceased's room.

UPDATE:

Earlier it was reported in Thai language media that Mr Dobing fell to his death following the recent breakdown of his marriage.

However, Thavisa now understands that this was not the case. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-07

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly hope they dig a little deeper than that.  For example, who stands to gain upon his demise?  The couple had split up, but if they were still married, she (and any new partner she may have) stands to inherit his estate.  By my count, that's at least one and maybe 2 suspects.

Just thinking out loud based in comment.

"The couple had split up.."

"Very sad, RIP"

"..with all the fish in the sea.."

Question: Is it Worth thinking about some form of inistitutional care near the end of days?

Not necessarily in Thailand.

The " D minus 1 period."

When we need help, possibly even to breathe. 

D minus 2: hang on as long as possible in current premise; given that most of us are reluctant to give up privacy/our routine.

Assume we are able to feed ourselves in D-2. Not sure much can happen on V Day during this period...hold hands?

Most basic stuff is air and water till D day expiry. I reckon we will not be eating much leading up to D day.

Guess my aspiration is to move from D-2 to death...by pass the stage where we revert..like baby days.

49 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Must have been a very fragile person,with all the

fish in the sea.....sad he had to take his own life

RIP

regards Worgeordie

Quick to judge there aren't you?

Did you know him?  Its unlikely that his wife leaving him was the single reason he killed himself. 

Did you read he was being treated for panic disorder also?  He may have had severe depression (not from his wife leaving him), and also other mental health problems.  He might have had other family problems, money or health problems. 

1 minute ago, Gloucester said:

Just thinking out loud based in comment.

"The couple had split up.."

"Very sad, RIP"

"..with all the fish in the sea.."

Question: Is it Worth thinking about some form of inistitutional care near the end of days?

Not necessarily in Thailand.

The " D minus 1 period."

When we need help, possibly even to breathe. 

D minus 2: hang on as long as possible in current premise; given that most of us are reluctant to give up privacy/our routine.

Assume we are able to feed ourselves in D-2. Not sure much can happen on V Day during this period...hold hands?

Most basic stuff is air and water till D day expiry. I reckon we will not be eating much leading up to D day.

Guess my aspiration is to move from D-2 to death...by pass the stage where we revert..like baby days.

you worry too much, live day by day as if it was the last one, enjoy life and forget the D-1 or D-2 or D-0 nobody knows their D day and I don't think that people want to know

48 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I'd also definitely jump..... out of joy if my wife left me.

I'll be in that 0.1% group with no sex this valentine. 

Me too. Im really in the bad books at the moment.

Seriously though, Ive been having some problems myself recently but am battling on. I feel for this guy and hope he is at peace.

For the record, anyone here starts getting dark thoughts and need a friend, please feel free to PM me.  Anytime

Unless the poor man was indeed mentally ill, I am not sure how your wife leaving you can lead to suicide.  if you are so emotionally dependant on another person for your very life, then that is not a love that I recognise, it's a form of emotional slavery/bondage/addiction of the very worst kind. Never put yourself in that position, not ever. 

41 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Did you know him?  Its unlikely that his wife leaving him was the single reason he killed himself. 

Did you read he was being treated for panic disorder also?  He may have had severe depression (not from his wife leaving him), and also other mental health problems.  He might have had other family problems, money or health problems. 

Maybe ,and you are only making assumptions also.

regards worgeordie

What would it take for you to jump out a window? does it seem inconceivable to you?

he must of had some real money, depression, health and possibly drinking problems for his wife to leave him. 

Panic disorder or anxiety can make dealing with even the most simple things very difficult to do. 

I have said many times on TV that I suffer from mild depression. And it is one of the reasons I don't live in Pattaya. And why I don't drink. 

It is hard to understand if you don't suffer from depression, but the worst thing you can do is live in a "fake" party town like Pattaya.  

Visiting is OK. :clap2:

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Or perhaps he must have been a very fragile person,with all the fish in the sea !

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

What would it take for you to jump out a window? does it seem inconceivable to you?

he must of had some real money, depression, health and possibly drinking problems for his wife to leave him. 

Panic disorder or anxiety can make dealing with even the most simple things very difficult to do. 

I have said many times on TV that I suffer from mild depression. And it is one of the reasons I don't live in Pattaya. And why I don't drink. 

It is hard to understand if you don't suffer from depression, but the worst thing you can do is live in a "fake" party town like Pattaya.  

Visiting is OK. :clap2:

I must have missed your previous comments about your own occasional mild depression bouts.  I now apologise for my previous light-hearted comments about your "girlie" stories, which I took to mean that you were anything but suffering from even mild depression and in fact were enjoying a really care-free life.  

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He had also been treated for panic disorder at a hospital, the police discovered. 

RIP mate.

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so it's lucky that I live in a one-story house. But it's got a pool so maybe I should be careful. 

Archived