Vanilla for liqueur in "thai"???

glegolo

I am going to make blueberry-liqueur.. I need to have Vanilla-rods (is that correct word?? I mean I do NOT want vanillapowder often sold here, but merely the rods, barlings if you understand what I mean`?

These vanilla-rods what are the proper thainame when asking for them in the shops??

Plse help me..

glegolo

any shops that carry vanilla pods should have someone that understands English, at least show them a picture on your phone, failing that ask for Vanilla 'Pen' Fak' เป็นฝัก most Thai staff on minimum wage probably has no familiarity with what they even looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

thai people very unfamiliar with this ingredient. You should try to source a grower. Sadly last guy who cut my grass cut all my vanilla.

In Thai actually called "wa-ni-la" make sure to annunciate each syllable for listener comprehension

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thank you so much for your input, Yes have tried and looked "everywhere" here. But no... I checked online nut it is crazy expensive. So I decided to go for the extract (powder) for what it is worth.

Thank you guys, and if somebody know where to buy these Vanilla-stripes plse let us/me know!!

glegolo

I am going to make blueberry-liqueur.. I need to have Vanilla-rods (is that correct word?? I mean I do NOT want vanillapowder often sold here, but merely the rods, barlings if you understand what I mean`?

These vanilla-rods what are the proper thainame when asking for them in the shops??
Plse help me..

glegolo

if you are in Bangkok get a Thai friend to ring Bangkok Green 0819153994 /081890912 It is around Puttamonton area on the west side of the river . They sell plants for 58 Bt in four inch pots I think it is. Since after drying the pods cost over £2 each in UK you might like to try your hand at cultivation. A window sill would probably do, they ask people to ring for details.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived