New Immigration office Khon Kaen

PREM-R

I was at the new KK immigration office and took a few pictures which might help a first time visitor to the new office 'find their bearings'.  The first image shows the location of the building, it is in the block at the opposite side of the bus station from the block housing 7-Eleven. 

The second image shows the entrance from the bus station into the office block, there is an information window directly to the right of the door in the image.

Image three shows the stairway up to the immigration office.

Image four shows the entrance to the immigration office.  Photocopying is available (5 baht per A4 sheet) at a desk to the right of the entrance.

Hope this may be of assistance to someone who is making their first visit to the new venue.

imm-1.jpg

imm-2.jpg

imm-3.jpg

imm-4.jpg

2 hours ago, Justin Side said:

I found the traffic system totally bewildering.

Arrows everywhere going nowhere.

Not a problem for me, took the City Bus from Fairy Plaza to  Bus Station 3. Cost just 15 baht and took about 15 minutes.  Air con, modern, comfortable ride.

12 hours ago, Horatio Poke said:

Thanks for this.  Very helpful.

Is there any provision for people in wheelchairs?

As Justin replied, there does not seem to be a lift in the building (it's only 2 storey).   I suspect that anyone who is unable to negotiate the stairs will need to send up a representative to the office to  bring an officer down to 'the foreigner, the alien' in order to complete the documentation.  Perhaps a phone call to the office, prior to traveling, would be wise.  

52 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

How do the toilets compare ... !?

Fit for human beings :biggrin:

Yes, acceptable.

And the bus station building is not that old.

I visited the building before office was opened.

And how much worse could it get compared to the old building?

Hole in ground?

It is at the Terminal 3 bus terminal.  Coming from the city of KK it is on the highway to Bangkok about 8 kilometres out and on the right hand side. It is not easy to find at the bus terminal and the steps to the office are steep.

The front of the building has Terminal 2 written on it. I copied a google maps into a PDF and attached it (I Think)Terminal 2 Khon Kaen - Google Maps.pdfTerminal 2 Khon Kaen - Google Maps.pdfTerminal 2 Khon Kaen - Google Maps.pdf

1 hour ago, Nuddy said:

It is at the Terminal 3 bus terminal.  Coming from the city of KK it is on the highway to Bangkok about 8 kilometres out and on the right hand side. It is not easy to find at the bus terminal and the steps to the office are steep.

The front of the building has Terminal 2 written on it. I copied a google maps into a PDF and attached it (I Think)Terminal 2 Khon Kaen - Google Maps.pdfTerminal 2 Khon Kaen - Google Maps.pdfTerminal 2 Khon Kaen - Google Maps.pdf

At the turn off from the main Hy2 there is the road bridge over the main Hy2' The new bus station is about 2 K's when you get on the above highway, it is at the 1st set of lights on the above high way on the left. You will see all the buses 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I don't know for sure, but is Khon Kaen IO not one of those who don't allow 90 day reports by post?

Did my last one by postal mail.

Worked fine.

Out of curiosity I will do the next one in person (in two weeks).

BUT!

Good wake-up call.

I haven't checked what their postal address is now.

There is something in Thai on the websit, but I hesitate to translate this.

Even the postal is missing. Is it 40000 too?

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course no opening/new build without Buddhist ceremony.

Ribbon cutting by the boss etc. Some known faces on the pics.

http://khonkaen.immigration.go.th/index.php/en/news/publicize/57-2019-02-03-17-08-12

Heading has picture of old immigration office.  And isn't offering bananas to foreigners a bit racist?  And clicking on the little flag for English has no effect I can see.

3 minutes ago, lungbing said:

Heading has picture of old immigration office.  And isn't offering bananas to foreigners a bit racist?  And clicking on the little flag for English has no effect I can see.

Yep. The site is quite a mess.

Mix of old and new.

Old address, map etc.

And no English.

A "well maintained" Thai website so to say :whistling:

And tells you how much you can rely on such websites.

They could use so much expertise...

The bananas are amusing.

Archived