Helicopter crashes in Nakhon Sawan

webfact

Helicopter crashes in Nakhon Sawan

By The Thaiger & The Nation

51874677_2086176921460125_90198524860930

A helicopter from the Royal Rain-making and Agricultural Aviation Department has crash-landed while on a training flight in Nakhon Sawan, north of Bangkok, yesterday.

The pilot, a co-pilot and a mechanic escaped with only minor injuries after the chopper crashed into an empty field and caught fire. Rescuers managed to extinguish the fire.

Department officials said that the helicopter developed engine trouble while it was on a training flight, but the pilot managed to crash-land. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/helicopter-crashes-in-nakhon-sawan

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-07

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Really, he had no choice, good excuse to buy more new helicopters

regards worgeordie

I would sai maintain the older ones better. I would be quite scared going into Thai military planes / helicopters and the like knowing maintenance is not high on their list.

59 minutes ago, robblok said:

I would sai maintain the older ones better. I would be quite scared going into Thai military planes / helicopters and the like knowing maintenance is not high on their list.

How do you know that? Are you a LAME?

I would stay away from the Chinese helicopters. The Mil 8/17 is a rugged helicopter built by the Russians, not sure if China builds them or not. Most of their designs are either licensed like the Z9, a licensed Eurocopter Dauphin or Z11, a Eurocopter astar350. Then of course you have the designs that were probably stolen, the Z19 looks like the AH 64 Apache. Probably better to stay with the European or American designs!

Archived