Consequences of illegally using 800K for retirement extension after March 1, 2019

7 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

The penalty for falling below whatever is the relevant bar is that your next extension is refused. If you don't WANT another extension because you're leaving the country permanently or longterm, then presumably you can draw down your funds in the bank to zero if you wish and leave the country before your next extension falls due. No sweat.

Sounds reasonable. Thanks.

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

That isn't income, so you want to cheat the system again. Which will result in counter measures from immigration.

There is no ruling in police orders that precludes you from doing that,but see my other comment about what an expensive process it would be.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

The penalty for falling below whatever is the relevant bar is that your next extension is refused. If you don't WANT another extension because you're leaving the country permanently or longterm, then presumably you can draw down your funds in the bank to zero if you wish and leave the country before your next extension falls due. No sweat.

this is exactly my plan as plan on moving after my next 1 year extension.

I assume, (hope) there is not going to be put into effect that youu need visit immigration every month to check if your 400,000 is still there

15 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

Why does anyone use the 800K baht for retirement anymore.  The new 65K for income method is way easier.  Just transfer 65K baht every month.  Then withdraw and send it back overseas and repeat.

Not illegal whatsoever but expensive!

20 hours ago, connda said:

1) Now the 800k THB can not be used 2 months prior to the extension application and then can not be used for 3 months after the extension; and
2) during the other 7 months of the year when the funds can be drawn out and used for living expenses, the balance of the account can not fall below 400k THB. 

Not quite right. It must stay at 400k for 5 months when it should be topped back up to 800k for the 2 months prior to the next extension. 

45 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

Why does anyone use the 800K baht for retirement anymore.  The new 65K for income method is way easier.  Just transfer 65K baht every month.  Then withdraw and send it back overseas and repeat.

I just spent 3 weeks trying to get a bill paid because a clerk at the bank entered a wrong number.  What happens if a bank messes up and you don't get the transfer?  SS might stop payment for a month because of paperwork problem?  Happened to me a few years ago.  If you miss a payment are you out?  When?  In jail? 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

this is exactly my plan as plan on moving after my next 1 year extension.

I assume, (hope) there is not going to be put into effect that youu need visit immigration every month to check if your 400,000 is still there

A couple posts have indicated they will re-set your 90-day reporting when you do the extension, then require an updated bank-book or letter at that time.  It is not clear what happens to those who don't remain in-country for 90-days - maybe have to prove the money when they do a TM-30 upon returning to their Thai-residence? 

It is also not clear if, like any other extension, it ends the day you no longer qualify to receive it.  In theory (we have no idea), one could be on "overstay" starting day after they violate the terms.  So, if you drop below the 800K / 400K (depending on what month after your last extension), you'd need to run to a border or immigration to apply for 7 days to leave the country - as those whose job or marriage ends must do currently.

Thus far, enforcement / our obligations have not been stipulated, even though we are less than a month from implementation. All we have to go by, which I have read, are one person's report (90-day reset and show money again then), plus one agent-report indicating they are already negotiating with their immigration-partners how they will split the loot for faking 90-day-money reports.

Edited by JackThompson