BANGKOK
deux

AIS code needed - new customers 90 baht internet

Hi guys,

I'm in Thailand for a 3 months vacation and when I first arrived in Bangkok I got a Prepaid Sim card for 50 baht at an AIS shop. The lady there told me there is a special for newly registered numbers and she got me a 4mbs unlimited internet flat for 30 days for only 90 baht. 

She used a code to activate the rate on my phone.

The 30 days are almost up and I would like to just get a new card and the same rate for another 30 days. I don't care about the number since I only use this card for data so just getting a new card and activating this rate would be the cheapest option for me. The name on my App is "MaoMao 90baht Net"

Does anyone know the code for this special? Is it a problem to have multiple sim cards as a tourist or can I register as many as I like?

I found the special on a Thai website but I'm not sure if this is the correct code or if it is still valid. (see attachment). Can anyone confirm?

Screenshot_20190207-145816.png

6 minutes ago, deux said:

Can anyone confirm?

what happens when you use the code?

I haven't tried yet. Just wanted to know if the code is correct and this deal/special is still available.

Also wanted to know if I can register multiple cards as a tourist before I get a new one.

12 hours ago, deux said:

I haven't tried yet. Just wanted to know if the code is correct and this deal/special is still available.

Also wanted to know if I can register multiple cards as a tourist before I get a new one.

You can register as many SIMs as you like. Nothing to do with being a tourist.

Try it and let us know. You might get lucky as it is a regular promotion.

I saw one from the 11th to the 31st of last November. If you claim that you did yours in Jan, then it seems like a regular thing. They also utilise the same code each time.

Eligibility conditions 1. Apply for additional packages within 7 days from the date of opening number 2. Choose to receive only one package. 3. Apply via the USSD press at the customer device only. Package conditions 1. Additional package privileges Can be used after receiving confirmation SMS. 2. License is available for both 3G and 4G according to the specified service life. 3. License and service rate set for internal use. Country only (excluding data transfer service fees while abroad Data Data roaming) 4. For normal use, not for commercial use or affecting other users

Edited by KneeDeep

try it and see, it will or nor work, you will only be charged if it works

• Thanks 1

Just in case no one has yet noticed, TrueMove H and AIS have introduced new, crippled packages for SIMs registered from the 1st of Feb. So keep your old SIMs alive or just buy cheap SIMs via Lazada and discard them afterwards.

lol I know you're dying for someone to take the bait

Crippled.....??

Looks like a good deal - My SIM is AIS but I have had it 13 years so I guess I wouldn't be eligible for that 90 Baht deal.

I get the 199 Baht package which isn't mentioned there its called Mao Mao

*777*984*612818# to activate - It is only 1GB I think then goes a bit slower but It certainly works for me.

6 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol I know you're dying for someone to take the bait

Crippled.....??

Why do you always come out with some silly comment? 

I've made posts about it on here before, but this is just in case not everyone has noticed.

For Truemove H and AIS SIMs registered from the 1st of Feb., their capped speed plans now have a data limit.

This does not affect SIMs registered before that date.

You can see for yourself here; http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/en/nonstop.html

6 hours ago, scotinsiam said:

Looks like a good deal - My SIM is AIS but I have had it 13 years so I guess I wouldn't be eligible for that 90 Baht deal.

I get the 199 Baht package which isn't mentioned there its called Mao Mao

*777*984*612818# to activate - It is only 1GB I think then goes a bit slower but It certainly works for me.

212.93 baht

*777*984# The other digits are just a referral code.

How long does the 1 GB last you, before slowing down to 128 kbps?

So does this new speed limit mean the 90 baht code for new sim cards I wanted to use is also no longer available? I got a new sim card on Monday and wanted to try and use the code tomorrow when the old package expires. Does anyone know? 

The old unlimited packages are still available in my app for the old sim card. But these old promotional codes (like the 90 baht for 30 days unlimited at 4mbs) or any other old unlimited packages will no longer work for sim cards activated after Feb 1?

I haven't topped up the new sim card with the 90 baht yet. Is it possible to get a refund from this new card if the code doesn't work? (aka is it possible to get unused money back from a prepaid sim card?)

Edited by deux

It looks like the names and prices in my app have now changed too. The unlimited option is now Internet non-Stop and the price for 4mbps for 30 days has changed from 550 to 650 baht.

1 hour ago, deux said:

So does this new speed limit mean the 90 baht code for new sim cards I wanted to use is also no longer available? I got a new sim card on Monday and wanted to try and use the code tomorrow when the old package expires. Does anyone know? 

The old unlimited packages are still available in my app for the old sim card. But these old promotional codes (like the 90 baht for 30 days unlimited at 4mbs) or any other old unlimited packages will no longer work for sim cards activated after Feb 1?

I haven't topped up the new sim card with the 90 baht yet. Is it possible to get a refund from this new card if the code doesn't work? (aka is it possible to get unused money back from a prepaid sim card?)

Just forget about it. Too much drama over a 49 baht SIM and 90 baht worth of credit.

19 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Just forget about it. Too much drama over a 49 baht SIM and 90 baht worth of credit.

Not an answer to any of my questions really. 🙄