AIS code needed - new customers 90 baht internet

deux

Hi guys,

I'm in Thailand for a 3 months vacation and when I first arrived in Bangkok I got a Prepaid Sim card for 50 baht at an AIS shop. The lady there told me there is a special for newly registered numbers and she got me a 4mbs unlimited internet flat for 30 days for only 90 baht. 

She used a code to activate the rate on my phone.

The 30 days are almost up and I would like to just get a new card and the same rate for another 30 days. I don't care about the number since I only use this card for data so just getting a new card and activating this rate would be the cheapest option for me. The name on my App is "MaoMao 90baht Net"

Does anyone know the code for this special? Is it a problem to have multiple sim cards as a tourist or can I register as many as I like?

I found the special on a Thai website but I'm not sure if this is the correct code or if it is still valid. (see attachment). Can anyone confirm?

Screenshot_20190207-145816.png

12 hours ago, deux said:

I haven't tried yet. Just wanted to know if the code is correct and this deal/special is still available.

Also wanted to know if I can register multiple cards as a tourist before I get a new one.

You can register as many SIMs as you like. Nothing to do with being a tourist.

Try it and let us know. You might get lucky as it is a regular promotion.

I saw one from the 11th to the 31st of last November. If you claim that you did yours in Jan, then it seems like a regular thing. They also utilise the same code each time.

Eligibility conditions 1. Apply for additional packages within 7 days from the date of opening number 2. Choose to receive only one package. 3. Apply via the USSD press at the customer device only. Package conditions 1. Additional package privileges Can be used after receiving confirmation SMS. 2. License is available for both 3G and 4G according to the specified service life. 3. License and service rate set for internal use. Country only (excluding data transfer service fees while abroad Data Data roaming) 4. For normal use, not for commercial use or affecting other users

Looks like a good deal - My SIM is AIS but I have had it 13 years so I guess I wouldn't be eligible for that 90 Baht deal.

I get the 199 Baht package which isn't mentioned there its called Mao Mao

*777*984*612818# to activate - It is only 1GB I think then goes a bit slower but It certainly works for me.

6 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol I know you're dying for someone to take the bait

Crippled.....??

Why do you always come out with some silly comment? 

I've made posts about it on here before, but this is just in case not everyone has noticed.

For Truemove H and AIS SIMs registered from the 1st of Feb., their capped speed plans now have a data limit.

This does not affect SIMs registered before that date.

You can see for yourself here; http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/en/nonstop.html

6 hours ago, scotinsiam said:

Looks like a good deal - My SIM is AIS but I have had it 13 years so I guess I wouldn't be eligible for that 90 Baht deal.

I get the 199 Baht package which isn't mentioned there its called Mao Mao

*777*984*612818# to activate - It is only 1GB I think then goes a bit slower but It certainly works for me.

212.93 baht

*777*984# The other digits are just a referral code.

How long does the 1 GB last you, before slowing down to 128 kbps?

So does this new speed limit mean the 90 baht code for new sim cards I wanted to use is also no longer available? I got a new sim card on Monday and wanted to try and use the code tomorrow when the old package expires. Does anyone know? 

The old unlimited packages are still available in my app for the old sim card. But these old promotional codes (like the 90 baht for 30 days unlimited at 4mbs) or any other old unlimited packages will no longer work for sim cards activated after Feb 1?

I haven't topped up the new sim card with the 90 baht yet. Is it possible to get a refund from this new card if the code doesn't work? (aka is it possible to get unused money back from a prepaid sim card?)

1 hour ago, deux said:

So does this new speed limit mean the 90 baht code for new sim cards I wanted to use is also no longer available? I got a new sim card on Monday and wanted to try and use the code tomorrow when the old package expires. Does anyone know? 

The old unlimited packages are still available in my app for the old sim card. But these old promotional codes (like the 90 baht for 30 days unlimited at 4mbs) or any other old unlimited packages will no longer work for sim cards activated after Feb 1?

I haven't topped up the new sim card with the 90 baht yet. Is it possible to get a refund from this new card if the code doesn't work? (aka is it possible to get unused money back from a prepaid sim card?)

Just forget about it. Too much drama over a 49 baht SIM and 90 baht worth of credit.

3 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Hmmmm....

Let's try again. I don't think it will work and I think there is too much agonising over a potential 139 baht spend.

No refund.

Questions answered now?

You are wrong again. The 50 baht for the sim card are probably gone but you can easily transfer the money to another card. So no cash refund but I could get the 90 baht back somehow. That was part of my question. 

Does anyone know if True or Datc have any special promotions right now like the 90 baht special? 

Read that people can still use all the old codes for unlimited flats. So even if they only offer the new packages and prices in the app, you can still get the old rates via the codes. This is too bad. AIS had such great packages and prices. The new non stop internet packages are all rubbish and the speed is abysmal.

4 hours ago, deux said:

You are wrong again. The 50 baht for the sim card are probably gone but you can easily transfer the money to another card. So no cash refund but I could get the 90 baht back somehow. That was part of my question. 

Does anyone know if True or Datc have any special promotions right now like the 90 baht special? 

Read that people can still use all the old codes for unlimited flats. So even if they only offer the new packages and prices in the app, you can still get the old rates via the codes. This is too bad. AIS had such great packages and prices. The new non stop internet packages are all rubbish and the speed is abysmal.

Actually, I'm not wrong. On the other hand, I just didn't care about that 90 baht. There is a difference.

To prove that I'm not wrong...

The number of the transferors can be AIS One-2-Call! activated for at least 90 days...

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/service/en/service_balance_transfer_700.html

Since you claim to be in Thailand for three months in total and have already spent the best part of a month, how do you plan to transfer the money?

Being wrong is not something for which I am known and I seem to have a low tolerance for long and winding threads for the sake of 90 baht.

I already wrote that the old packages are still available for SIM registered before the 1st of Feb...so nothing new there.

3 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Actually, I'm not wrong. On the other hand, I just didn't care about that 90 baht. There is a difference.

To prove that I'm not wrong...

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/service/en/service_balance_transfer_700.html

Since you claim to be in Thailand for three months in total and have already spent the best part of a month, how do you plan to transfer the money?

Being wrong is not something for which I am known and I seem to have a low tolerance for long and winding threads for the sake of 90 baht.

I already wrote that the old packages are still available for SIM registered before the 1st of Feb...so nothing new there.

Don't reply to threads that don't interest and annoy you, is my suggestion.

Also, 90 baht is still money and could buy you a nice coffee and cake. Good for you if you no longer have to work for your money or just don't care. I unfortunately travel on a budget and care about 90 baht. So since I can't transfer them to my old account, do you fancy having them? I invite you to a coffee...

1 minute ago, deux said:

Don't reply to threads that don't interest and annoy you, is my suggestion.

Also, 90 baht is still money and could buy you a nice coffee and cake. Good for you if you no longer have to work for your money or just don't care. I unfortunately travel on a budget and care about 90 baht. So since I can't transfer them to my old account, do you fancy having them? I invite you to a coffee...

You can transfer it after ninety days if you activate it for Roaming.

The thread doesn't annoy me. It's your continually asking questions about 90 baht. Don't you imagine that people have better things to do with their time, even if you don't?

So do it or don't do it. It's more than ridiculous now. 

In all the time you've been wasting, you could have ordered the SIM from Lazada...

So since you are never wrong, would you kindly tell me the code for the old 30 days 4mbps unlimited Flatrate? It was 550 baht. I could save 100 baht ????????????.

Also you're missing out on a free coffee. Unfortunately I no longer have use for the money after I return home.

10 minutes ago, deux said:

So since you are never wrong, would you kindly tell me the code for the old 30 days 4mbps unlimited Flatrate? It was 550 baht. I could save 100 baht ????????????.

Also you're missing out on a free coffee. Unfortunately I no longer have use for the money after I return home.

4 Mbps is 535 baht

6 Mbps is 588.50 baht

4 Mbps is no longer cost effective.

You really would have been better off ordering the AIS SIM to which I linked(I think it was this thread. Then you could have 4 Mbps for the rest of your stay.

Prices are exactly the same, as long as you use the SIM already registered before the 1st of Feb.

https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

That is a nice tip but unfortunately I'm moving around and probably don't stay long enough in one place to have a card delivered to me.

So the 90 baht flat was a very easy and cheap option for me. Heard this promotion was around for a while (months). Sad that these f*ckers had to change/end it in the middle of my stay.

It was 550 in my app since a couple of days ago so I naturally thought this was the total price. The Ussd code would still be helpful. ????

3 minutes ago, deux said:

That is a nice tip but unfortunately I'm moving around and probably don't stay long enough in one place to have a card delivered to me.

So the 90 baht flat was a very easy and cheap option for me. Heard this promotion was around for a while (months). Sad that these f*ckers had to change/end it in the middle of my stay.

It was 550 in my app since a couple of days ago so I naturally thought this was the total price. The Ussd code would still be helpful. ????

Yes, I wrote that the promo was repeated throughout the year. But since they have introduced new tariffs it seems unlikely that they would offer something as a promo for new SIM that they no longer sell to new SIMs. 

Did you click through the link? The prices are there sans VAT.

Haha, long discussion for nothing. Code still works perfectly fine. Old package expired this evening and I just gave it a try....

No coffee for you kneedeep, but I appreciate the help and input. Guess all the old codes still work even with newly activated sim cards.

Screenshot_20190214-214856.png

13 hours ago, deux said:

Haha, long discussion for nothing. Code still works perfectly fine. Old package expired this evening and I just gave it a try....

No coffee for you kneedeep, but I appreciate the help and input. Guess all the old codes still work even with newly activated sim cards.

Congratulations. Shame that you took so long about it. ????

Nice find.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:52 PM, deux said:

I should add that I tried it with a newly registered AIS ONE SIM yesterday and it didn't work.

Only a message to contact 1175.

So you got lucky.

Archived