Dried firewood in Bangkok

Silviothai

Interesting answer, but not what i am asking. Maybe when thai people use charcoal u should try to teach them about that. I just ask where to buy dried wood, helping just a little thai economy, instead of trying to making lessons about ecology. Maybe fruitman u live without polluting, somewhere in the trees and recycling all your trashes, glad for you, i just want to make some pizza for family and enjoying in real world. ????

May i ask you how u live, wood burning less pollute than charcoal or other , do you use a car , do u use train or bus , taxi or motorcycle, do u use electricity at your home, do u use air-conditionner,do u use flip-flop made by petroleum industry like surely all clothes u use, do u use tv , do u use books for ur kids , do u go to hospital for having scanner or other devices using radioactive material, do u use all of this ? 

IF NO , yes u can try to make me the lesson about ecology. Maybe i should use gas, so i will help other countries to pollute themselves instead of thailand ? 

Ur little lessons , u can keep them for ur little friends in your little world.

Maybe thailand should stop to make factories working and firiing all employees because of pollution? 

Thank you to not answer if u have this kind of little comments ????

You could try to ask here for firewood :

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

but i really doubt you  are going to find someone selling a pallet only (normally they would not bother for order below a certain 100 and up number) Or if you are a business : https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Pure-Quality-Kiln-Dreid-Alder-Firewood_50045951780.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.16.5ed242a486kjIw

12 hours ago, Silviothai said:

Interesting answer, but not what i am asking. Maybe when thai people use charcoal u should try to teach them about that. I just ask where to buy dried wood, helping just a little thai economy, instead of trying to making lessons about ecology. Maybe fruitman u live without polluting, somewhere in the trees and recycling all your trashes, glad for you, i just want to make some pizza for family and enjoying in real world. ????

I live close to you and don't like to smell burning wood.

I cut tree's regularly and the wood goes to my family upcountry where it's normal to burn wood. They all do it.

Now the Thai finally woke up and started to stop pollution we get the farang burning wood in very densely crowded area's....????

@anon7854, thank you for helping, will take a look ????

@fruitman, yes no one like to smell burning wood, but thailand isn't cut from modern world,we use filtets for smelling and fine particules, maybe some "farang" don't know that. Anyway,ur way of thinking about pollution doesn't disturb you if it's in upcountry ????

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Difference between burning trashes outside and dried wood (less smoke than anything if you know how to make fire ....) in oven with filters for little particules and smell....

3 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

you can easily bake a pizza in a oven without any wood or charcoal  

You should taste and tell me the difference between a pizza cooked in wood fired oven , gas oven and electric oven, maybe no difference for you....

Maybe with wood pellets, i never tried, it is trendy but think it will not give the right taste.

10 hours ago, Silviothai said:

You should taste and tell me the difference between a pizza cooked in wood fired oven , gas oven and electric oven, maybe no difference for you....

I ate pizza's all over the world, also from wood fired ovens and also in Italy.

Serious the best pizza is pan pizza superdeluxe from pizza company.....with their chilipowder on it.

11 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Serious the best pizza is pan pizza superdeluxe from pizza company.....with their chilipowder on it.

Anything from The Pizza Company is ???? Pizza Hut is marginally better if you want pan.

A good Italian thin crust pizza (or calzone) made in a wood fired oven cannot be bested.

My opinion only of course

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Anything from The Pizza Company is ???? Pizza Hut is marginally better if you want pan.

A good Italian thin crust pizza (or calzone) made in a wood fired oven cannot be bested.

My opinion only of course

only pan pizza supadalak is good from them, and you need medium sized or it's not crispy. Who eats pizza with mayonaise baked on it? And they even give loads of ketchup with it.

I was not impressed with the pizza's in italy but they are edible, and pizza hut is just plain bad.

6 hours ago, fruitman said:

I ate pizza's all over the world, also from wood fired ovens and also in Italy.

Hahahahahah.  Ok , that pretty much excludes you from any quality discussion on pizza but I'm going to be gentle and say "tastes are different". This is why you see more people at KFC than in a good Thai restaurant ????

I'm not sure where you ate pizza in Italy ( if it was Napoletan pizza , Roman style , American or what variation ) but comparing pan pizza with the one made in  wood fired ovens is like comparing Wagyu Beef with hamburger beef.  I am not saying that wood fired pizza's can't be bad! They can because pizza is not just only the cooking methods but the ingredients as well. While for some people it makes no difference for other that actually ENJOY food not only because of their physiological needs.... it makes a huge difference in taste. 

I can easily make the difference with my eyes closed between a wood fired oven pizza and one made in a pan. Some of my friends don't.

To come to this topic at hand , wood oven pizzas are rare in Thailand because :

1) dried wood is much more expensive than gas

2) You have to have a fairly big restaurant with a continuous pizza deliverance so you won't "burn" wood in a way that is not economically justifiable. ( Had a crazy idea to open a restaurant with someone when I was staying in Thailand but I  realised what a stupid idea would that would have been and came to my senses)

26 minutes ago, anon7854 said:

Hahahahahah.  Ok , that pretty much excludes you from any quality discussion on pizza but I'm going to be gentle and say "tastes are different". This is why you see more people at KFC than in a good Thai restaurant ????

I'm not sure where you ate pizza in Italy ( if it was Napoletan pizza , Roman style , American or what variation ) but comparing pan pizza with the one made in  wood fired ovens is like comparing Wagyu Beef with hamburger beef.  I am not saying that wood fired pizza's can't be bad! They can because pizza is not just only the cooking methods but the ingredients as well. While for some people it makes no difference for other that actually ENJOY food not only because of their physiological needs.... it makes a huge difference in taste. 

I can easily make the difference with my eyes closed between a wood fired oven pizza and one made in a pan. Some of my friends don't.

To come to this topic at hand , wood oven pizzas are rare in Thailand because :

1) dried wood is much more expensive than gas

2) You have to have a fairly big restaurant with a continuous pizza deliverance so you won't "burn" wood in a way that is not economically justifiable. ( Had a crazy idea to open a restaurant with someone when I was staying in Thailand but I  realised what a stupid idea would that would have been and came to my senses)

Even in my homecountry i have a real italian pizzeria with a real italian chef from 50 years old, he does it for 25 years now.

And i 've eaten hundreds of pizza's, everywhere on the world. But pan pizza supadalak is the best!

In italy i had very bad food in the 4 star hotels, don't get me started please....what an idiots. and 4 stars, what a laugh.

I remember i ve seen several wood fired pizza-ovens in restaurants in thailand.

But i also remember that i hate to smell smoke among the smog...and so i won't tell where to buy fire wood, go find it.

Hahahahah , ok say nothing fruitman , u said enough xD

Unfortunately for you i have found many wood suppliers and i am just waiting price for delivering.

Maybe you never had chance of tasting a real wood fired oven pizza, talking about pan pizza just show how much your palate is rotten. But i will bet more about your bad faith, caz posting in a forum for ending by saying i won't tell you, caz you don't like pizza, it's like you don't know for me ???? 

Maybe it's like your mind was felt by pizza cooker and adjust it to your profile , just bad ????

Nevermind the number of nonsenses you wrote here, my wood fired pizza will soon be enjoyed by family and friends.

Thanks to people who tried to help, if you need some fired wood, i will be glad to send you contact , just waiting delivering price to have the right price of all.

Enjoy life , Thailand is not a place for people who wants to remake a virginity caz they did wrong in their homecountry and want to show they are full of wisdom. Be careful with lessons giver :P

22 minutes ago, Silviothai said:

Hahahahah , ok say nothing fruitman , u said enough xD

Unfortunately for you i have found many wood suppliers and i am just waiting price for delivering.

Maybe you never had chance of tasting a real wood fired oven pizza, talking about pan pizza just show how much your palate is rotten. But i will bet more about your bad faith, caz posting in a forum for ending by saying i won't tell you, caz you don't like pizza, it's like you don't know for me ???? 

Maybe it's like your mind was felt by pizza cooker and adjust it to your profile , just bad ????

Nevermind the number of nonsenses you wrote here, my wood fired pizza will soon be enjoyed by family and friends.

Thanks to people who tried to help, if you need some fired wood, i will be glad to send you contact , just waiting delivering price to have the right price of all.

Enjoy life , Thailand is not a place for people who wants to remake a virginity caz they did wrong in their homecountry and want to show they are full of wisdom. Be careful with lessons giver :P

I hope you're not going to fire it up near my open air used tyre incineration plant.  I can't stand pollution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 1:44 PM, mogandave said:

While I generally like wood-fired pizza, how the oven is heated has little to do with the overall quality of the pie...

Generally was around 400 degree celsius,or use old trick,put little bit of flour in oven whete u wanna cook ur pizza,if flour starts to be black quickly it's too much hot,if starting to be brown it's good temperature ????

11 hours ago, Silviothai said:

One more guy that went in thailand by swimming caz hate pollution....

No, I came here on an oil tanker, but was fired half way across the Indian Ocean for accidently opening a valve and dumping 2,000,000 gallons of crude oil into the sea.  After that I just sat on the deck dropping sticks of dynamite down whale's blowholes and shooting sea birds out of the air with my shotgun.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, ballpoint said:

No, I came here on an oil tanker, but was fired half way across the Indian Ocean for accidently opening a valve and dumping 2,000,000 gallons of crude oil into the sea.  After that I just sat on the deck dropping sticks of dynamite down whale's blowholes and shooting sea birds out of the air with my shotgun.

It's almost poetry.....

Maybe should inform thay wood is the only renewable ressource on earth,polluting less than other ressources....

Maybe that's why when prehistorical man learnt how to use fire ,he used wood for thousands years.... You just deny the truth for having good conscious in this forum. You are surely like anybody,using same things and maybe polluting more by your ignorance. I am wondering why investors put money in wood culture ???? ohhhh yeah, infinite ressource using CO2 for growing and why ecologists prefer to use wood.....(primary school class lesson u surely forgot)

Archived