BANGKOK 22 February 2019 01:48
Silviothai

Dried firewood in Bangkok

Contact a few tree-trimmers and go from there.

Unfortunately, the taste of wood-fired oven is very dependent on the quality of the wood.

• Like 1

Incidentally, the “Food Pack Asia” show is going on now at the BITEC now which might provide a few leads...

26 minutes ago, anon7854 said:

Hahahahahah.  Ok , that pretty much excludes you from any quality discussion on pizza but I'm going to be gentle and say "tastes are different". This is why you see more people at KFC than in a good Thai restaurant 🙂

I'm not sure where you ate pizza in Italy ( if it was Napoletan pizza , Roman style , American or what variation ) but comparing pan pizza with the one made in  wood fired ovens is like comparing Wagyu Beef with hamburger beef.  I am not saying that wood fired pizza's can't be bad! They can because pizza is not just only the cooking methods but the ingredients as well. While for some people it makes no difference for other that actually ENJOY food not only because of their physiological needs.... it makes a huge difference in taste. 

I can easily make the difference with my eyes closed between a wood fired oven pizza and one made in a pan. Some of my friends don't.

To come to this topic at hand , wood oven pizzas are rare in Thailand because :

1) dried wood is much more expensive than gas

2) You have to have a fairly big restaurant with a continuous pizza deliverance so you won't "burn" wood in a way that is not economically justifiable. ( Had a crazy idea to open a restaurant with someone when I was staying in Thailand but I  realised what a stupid idea would that would have been and came to my senses)

Even in my homecountry i have a real italian pizzeria with a real italian chef from 50 years old, he does it for 25 years now.

And i 've eaten hundreds of pizza's, everywhere on the world. But pan pizza supadalak is the best!

In italy i had very bad food in the 4 star hotels, don't get me started please....what an idiots. and 4 stars, what a laugh.

I remember i ve seen several wood fired pizza-ovens in restaurants in thailand.

But i also remember that i hate to smell smoke among the smog...and so i won't tell where to buy fire wood, go find it.

Hahahahah , ok say nothing fruitman , u said enough xD

Unfortunately for you i have found many wood suppliers and i am just waiting price for delivering.

Maybe you never had chance of tasting a real wood fired oven pizza, talking about pan pizza just show how much your palate is rotten. But i will bet more about your bad faith, caz posting in a forum for ending by saying i won't tell you, caz you don't like pizza, it's like you don't know for me 🙂 

Maybe it's like your mind was felt by pizza cooker and adjust it to your profile , just bad 😉

Nevermind the number of nonsenses you wrote here, my wood fired pizza will soon be enjoyed by family and friends.

Thanks to people who tried to help, if you need some fired wood, i will be glad to send you contact , just waiting delivering price to have the right price of all.

Enjoy life , Thailand is not a place for people who wants to remake a virginity caz they did wrong in their homecountry and want to show they are full of wisdom. Be careful with lessons giver :P

22 minutes ago, Silviothai said:

Hahahahah , ok say nothing fruitman , u said enough xD

Unfortunately for you i have found many wood suppliers and i am just waiting price for delivering.

Maybe you never had chance of tasting a real wood fired oven pizza, talking about pan pizza just show how much your palate is rotten. But i will bet more about your bad faith, caz posting in a forum for ending by saying i won't tell you, caz you don't like pizza, it's like you don't know for me 🙂 

Maybe it's like your mind was felt by pizza cooker and adjust it to your profile , just bad 😉

Nevermind the number of nonsenses you wrote here, my wood fired pizza will soon be enjoyed by family and friends.

Thanks to people who tried to help, if you need some fired wood, i will be glad to send you contact , just waiting delivering price to have the right price of all.

Enjoy life , Thailand is not a place for people who wants to remake a virginity caz they did wrong in their homecountry and want to show they are full of wisdom. Be careful with lessons giver :P

I hope you're not going to fire it up near my open air used tyre incineration plant.  I can't stand pollution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While I generally like wood-fired pizza, how the oven is heated has little to do with the overall quality of the pie...

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 1:44 PM, mogandave said:

While I generally like wood-fired pizza, how the oven is heated has little to do with the overall quality of the pie...

Generally was around 400 degree celsius,or use old trick,put little bit of flour in oven whete u wanna cook ur pizza,if flour starts to be black quickly it's too much hot,if starting to be brown it's good temperature 🙂

On 2/11/2019 at 1:07 PM, ballpoint said:

I hope you're not going to fire it up near my open air used tyre incineration plant.  I can't stand pollution.

One more guy that went in thailand by swimming caz hate pollution....