BANGKOK
Nyezhov

Setting Up Phone for Leaving

I got my SIM in September and bought a 6 month AIS unlimited net package. Every once in a while I top up  for the phone calls.

Im leaving soon, and want to keep this number active. I might not be back till November. How do I make sure my number doesnt expire. And, for one time codes, do I set up text message roaming?

I got my SIM in September and bought a 6 month AIS unlimited net package. Every once in a while I top up  for the phone calls.

Im leaving soon, and want to keep this number active. I might not be back till November. How do I make sure my number doesnt expire. And, for one time codes, do I set up text message roaming?
Maybe top up your credits and opt for the cheapest monthly package to be automatically deducted from your account or last resort is the yearly package for 1200 baht .I'm in the same boat as you but I'm just putting some credits but letting my package lapsed and hopefully when I'm back Im still eligible for the Mao Mao package.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

last time I went outside Thailand for a holiday (2 years ago) I called the AIS customer service number and set up roaming for the bank SMS OTP messages and regular phone calls to my thai phone number...seems to me that you can call them and tell them what you wanna do and they can advise the best arrangement for yer purposes re: keeping yer number active when gone long term and etc...call 1175, very helpfull with good english language skill...

I top up mine when the deadline arrives via the bank a/c even when abroad for a long time. (Bangkok Bank - Operator: True)

Double post

Edited by BigT73

10 hours ago, rhodie said:

http://help.mobiletopup.com/knowledge-base/how-do-i-extend-the-expiry-date-validity-of-my-sim/ 

If you go to one of those phone top up boxes you can add 10 baht and extend validity by 1 month with AIS. Do as many times as required to get 1 year validity.

It's 12 baht per top up, but that will do the trick.

Get loads of coins and head to a Family Mart or 7/11. Get a friendly passerby to help you out with the machine. Usually orange, sometimes purple. 

Keep topping up until your validity shows one year from that day.

Don't let your SIM die, as any new SIM registered from the 1st of Feb(apart from DTAC) gets the new limited plans.

Isnt there some auto thing? Cant I set up my bank account to pay every month? ot just pay once abd ne done?

12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Isnt there some auto thing? Cant I set up my bank account to pay every month? ot just pay once abd ne done?

Yes you can. 

Hope you will still be on TV cos we shall all miss some of the rubbish you post.   LOL 555

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Yes you can. 

Hope you will still be on TV cos we shall all miss some of the rubbish you post.   LOL 555

I think Im going to blow out of here a bit early (I was planning around Songkhran) and go somewhere. Ill probably do a fast trip to China, then somewhere else, then head back to the States.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I think Im going to blow out of here a bit early (I was planning around Songkhran) and go somewhere. Ill probably do a fast trip to China, then somewhere else, then head back to the States.

Well you certainly kept busy. Averaging 550 posts a month. 

Edited by Rc2702
<deleted>

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Well you certainly kept busy. Averaging 550 posts a month. 

And your cogent point is?

Edited by Nyezhov

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

And your cogent point is?

Nothing JJ

14 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

last time I went outside Thailand for a holiday (2 years ago) I called the AIS customer service number and set up roaming for the bank SMS OTP messages and regular phone calls to my thai phone number...seems to me that you can call them and tell them what you wanna do and they can advise the best arrangement for yer purposes re: keeping yer number active when gone long term and etc...call 1175, very helpfull with good english language skill...

Friend told me Some banks can do the otp code to your email instead of sms

Seems like a better option but i Haven't had time to set it up yet

Download the MyAIS app, link your debit card to it then top up 10 baht which will give you 30 day validity, do that 12 times.