Ex-convict arrested over Pattaya theft

snoop1130

Ex-convict arrested over Pattaya theft

By The Nation

400306f55d19fd92acb52c2cc6d73081.jpeg

A Thai woman was arrested for allegedly stealing cash, a passport, four bank cards and a smartphone from a Chinese tourist in Pattaya.

Pattaya police chief Col Apichai Krobphet said Phetlada Angkranon, 43, was charged with stealing cash and valuables from Huang Siqing, 28.

Apichai said Phetlada was arrested on Wednesday night shortly after the Chinese man filed a complaint with a police patrol on Pattaya’s Walking Street.

The officer said he had been drinking in a pub on Walking Street when Phetlada, who was sitting on the next table, came to talk to him. He said he went to use the toilet and the woman took his shoulder bag with Bt2,980 in cash, a bank book, four bank cards, a mobile phone and passport.

Phetlada was arrested not far from the pub.

Apichai said Phetlada has just been released after serving one and a half years in jail on a theft conviction.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363709

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-07

1 hour ago, AlexCanada said:

Why would the tourist leave his shoulder bag unattended?  Definitely not the world's smartest man.

Why?? Government have promised safety for all Chinese so I see no reason why he should not trust a prostitute in walking street taking care of his values 

She not stealing from him she just got out looking for him because he forgot his bag

She is just a nice lady 

Police make it all wrong 

Chinese make Thailand look bad ????????????????

12 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Why would the tourist leave his shoulder bag unattended?  Definitely not the world's smartest man.

When I was in China, I was not inspired to leave valuables unattended. So I too wonder why we hear  a lot of this in Pattaya. China has a very low incidence of thievery?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

When I was in China, I was not inspired to leave valuables unattended. So I too wonder why we hear  a lot of this in Pattaya. China has a very low incidence of thievery?

Beg to differ. If it's not nailed down it's gone. Why do you think the older buildings all have barred windows?

In the recent weeks before Chinese New Year, the thievery goes through the ceiling as the migrant workers top up their home going fund. Both my home (on the 35th floor) and my business have been burgled over the years.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Apichai said Phetlada has just been released after serving one and a half years in jail on a theft conviction.

And back to Pattaya the next day. Clearly the penalty did not hurt much . 10 years next time. 

Archived