BANGKOK 20 February 2019 06:18
Brunolem

Visa vs Climate: which one will push more expats out of Thailand?

February 7th in Eastern Isaan and already it feels like a hot day in April, with 38 degree celsius in daytime, and 26 as a minimum in nightime! 

And we are still supposed to be in winter... not that we had any winter anyway, with the temperatures dropping at most to 19 during the "coolest" nights last month. 

We are very far from the 13 to 15 degrees at night, for weeks at a time, that used to be the norm not so long ago. 

How is it going to be 10 years from now? 

Unbearable I am afraid, and easy visa or not easy visa, we will have to move North to avoid the fate of the boiling frog. 

Maybe we should encourage the Chinese to come to Thailand after all, so that they would leave a lot of free space for us in their former country... the border with Mongolia should be just fine by 2030...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Brunolem said:

How is it going to be 10 years from now? 

Unbearable I am afraid, and easy visa or not easy visa, we will have to move North to avoid the fate of the boiling frog. 

Maybe not in 10 years but 25 IMO. North...the effects of climate change will force millions to migrate. Immigration to Europe will be pushed to limits and then full stop...just think when South Asia, South East Asia, India etc. starts on the long walk North due to drought and crop failures.....better start planning for departure already.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Maybe not in 10 years but 25 IMO.

I will be dead by then - be looking for a good rest. Seems I cannot sleep at night.