Cambodia E-Visa warning.

The Cambodian government has warned that they are getting many complaints of fraudulent internet sites claiming to sell e-visas and not delivering genuine e-visas or sometimes overcharging by 300% and more.  Even www.cambodiaimmigration.org was found to be fraudulent.   

The only official Government visa issuing site is  www.evisa.gov.kh

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

At the border/airport, $30 tourist VISA (extendable 1 month), $35 Ordinary VISA (extendable 1 year).

Why pay more for an online VISA, especially when it might be a con.

E-visas holders only get a normal stamp in their passport. Visas obtained at border/airport entries are a full page sticker which, if one frequently goes there can become a problem.  

On 2/7/2019 at 8:32 PM, BritManToo said:

At the border/airport, $30 tourist VISA (extendable 1 month), $35 Ordinary VISA (extendable 1 year).

For visits to Phnom Penh I will always get e-visas.

It is easy enough to access the correct website and it avoids a green sticker taking up a full page of your passport. I have always been quicker through immigration as well.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:04 AM, dastott said:

If entering at the Ko Kong border from Trat it was advisable to get an e-visa in advice because IO overcharge for visas at that border. Not sure if that is still the case however.

Do you know for certain that the E-Visa is accepted at Ko Kong?  I think there are some land border crossings where it is not valid.

Ko Kong has long seemed like it's own principality, operating under it's own rules. 

On 2/7/2019 at 8:32 PM, BritManToo said:

You have obviously never been through and airport in Cambodia.

Having an evisa ($36) online saves a load of time at the airport. Also saves a page in the passport.

E-visas holders only get a normal stamp in their passport. Visas obtained at border/airport entries are a full page sticker which, if one frequently goes there can become a problem.  

Might be useful for Cambodia border runs, a stamp rather than full page sticker has got to be a good thing.

Ban Pakkad border doesn't seem to be on the list

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Having an evisa ($36) online saves a load of time at the airport. //

Visa at Phnom Penh is rather fast

- desk 1 : give passport and form with photo

- desk 2 : pay

- desk 3 : get your passport

Maybe 5 minutes only at each of my 2 trips in 2017.

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Having an evisa ($36) online saves a load of time at the airport. Also saves a page in the passport.

Doesn't save any time at Poipet, and the E- VISA isn't extendable (as far as I know you need the $35 ordinary VISA)

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Visa at Phnom Penh is rather fast

- desk 1 : give passport and form with photo

- desk 2 : pay

- desk 3 : get your passport

Maybe 5 minutes only at each of my 2 trips in 2017.

Luck of the draw maybe. When I was in Siem Reap airport we were on the 3rd aircraft to land in not more than 20 minutes. I was very glad I had an evisa.

52 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Doesn't save any time at Poipet, and the E- VISA isn't extendable (as far as I know you need the $35 ordinary VISA)

I did say airport. I didn't need to extend as I was only on a short trip. Evisa made much more sense.

Archived