3 SETV and a red stamp ?

I suddenly realize that they count your visas and when you have 3 and make the forth, you get a "red stamp". (red? blue ? whatever)

That means if we go to Phnom Penh now, with 3 in the passport (before making a new one), we are going to get it ?

If we do get it, is it reduce the chances to get in on the land/air border ?

Worried.

In Phnom Penh you would probably pay the fee for the visa and get a visa sticker with a void without prejudice stamp on it.

Vientiane will do the blue stamp when you apply for the 3rd or 4th tourist visa.

The blue stamp would have no effect when entering the country.

Wait , "visa sticker with a void without prejudice stamp on it."  - WHAT DOES IT MEANS ?

Also, the other 2 visas are not from PP, but other countries (Vietnam) and have a break between them of other countries.

Is this rule apply only if you make 3-4 in the same embassy ?

What should we do ?

The void stamp means it was not approved after the sticker was put in your passport. Without prejudice means it was not voided for an offence I guess or for not a valid reason.

I was just warning you about what the embassy has done before.

You may not have a problem getting your tourist visa since you have not gotten any there before. 

Thanks. Please help us, we are terrified. Our problem is more complex.

A personal advice : What would you do if you where us ?

We are in Cambodia, and this is the situation.

1. first try in PP and if its not working go in 30 exempt ?

2. first try PP if not go to Vientien ? 

3. Dont bother, low chance.

If we get this VOID, are we going to have a problem when try to make another visa or just go in with 30 exempt?

To anyone here who reads this, please, give us advice.

Our case is different I am western my girlfriend is Vietnamese, and we used to live in TH because we have no where to go and we love it a lot ( Vietnam is impossible for me to live, she can't go Europe).

Thank you.

Edited by Rob4

13 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Thanks. Please help us, we are terrified. Our problem is more complex.

A personal advice : What would you do if you where us ?

We are in Cambodia, and this is the situation.

1. first try in PP and if its not working go in 30 exempt ?

2. first try PP if not go to Vientien ? 

3. Dont bother, low chance.

If we get this VOID, are we going to have a problem when try to make another visa or just go in with 30 exempt?

To anyone here who reads this, please, give us advice.

Our case is different I am western my girlfriend is Vietnamese, and we used to live in TH because we have no where to go and we love it a lot ( Vietnam is impossible for me to live, she can't go Europe).

Thank you.

Don't understand why she can't go to Europe. She obviously has a passport if she's been in Thailand.

Vietnamese are not allowed to visit Europe, unless they show a proof "that they are millionairs" or something, and even then, its visa for 1-3 months top. 

Going to Europe after fighting for visa only to go back after 1-3 months (long flights) is not efficient now, till we get the proper visa (we work on it and it takes time)

Edited by Rob4

If you are in PP now, you could try with the visa-agency in "Lucky Lucky Moto Shop" - the tuk-tuk guys know where it is.  They have a good feel for what the Thai-consul will accept or not accept - better than we can guess from here.  This could avoid the "void" stamped visa + loss of time+money.  Poipet is the worst place to enter Thailand, so be sure to avoid that location.

But if you have not left on your visa-trip yet, I would not suggest PP as a good location - they are not very friendly there. 

You could enter the country at any land-border entry-point except Poipet Visa-Exempt (2x per calendar year are allowed) - but verify the rules for Vietnamese citizens.  You should both have at least 10K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks each (20K Baht would be better) to show, if asked.  

She might get more scrutiny than you, because wages are higher in Thailand than Vietnam.  If you can show a large bank-balance (have a statement ready) and explain you support her, that might help overcome any hurdles - but it's up to the IO at the border. 

Thank you.

Don't want to brag but I have a lot of money in my bank to show.. I mean A LOT. 

But I have her. We are 1.5 years together, already enter thailand once with visa exempt, twice on SETV. No problems.

She, as well as me have:

1. letter from Thai and his ID copy and rent agreement

2. for her 40k THB in her bank, me much (much) more.

3. can get flight tickets back ofcourse.

Not sure all of these will help, because we spent 6 months there (3 in TH, 1 in HCMC, 3 TH, 2 Philipines+cambodia)

But my intuition on PP is bad now. Currently in Siem Reap. Will go PP soon. (flights from here to anywhere are too expensive)

Would you try PP anyway? or go exempt ? if so what border coming from Cambodia (not poipet)

I can give you some advice from Sihanoukville, Cambodia, from last week.

My Western passport seems similar to yours, 5 SETV  visas over 2 years, all from different embassies, 1 visa  from Phnom Penh 1.5 years ago.

10 days ago, while in Sihanoukville,  I went to agency, for their opinion if I should, or shouldn't submit my passport for Thai visa in PP. 

Agency was confident that I would receive another SETV from PP through their agency. 

As JackThomson pointed out earlier, reputable, experienced agencies will guess with far more accurately what your chances of visa are. They do it daily, 20 passports at the time, their experience from consulate and embassy is fresh, from 12 hours ago, literally from day before.

I would certainly go only with an agency in PP, don't try on your own. 

Agency in Sihanoukville is Mottah. 

I chose not to do visa at all, because decided not to prolong my 6 month stay in Pattaya, after 5 months I had enough for this year and was admitted in DMK, 30 days exempt stamp, no questions asked. Since arriving in Thailand in September, I did spend 1 month in Vietnam in Oct/Nov, and January also in Viet, so my visas and Thai entry stamps are not back to back. 

21 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

Agency was confident that I would receive another SETV from PP through their agency. 

Yeah, and Lucky Lucky, before sending me to the Embassy myself so I get my passport back in time because they were on holiday, was moaning about "visas getting voided", without seeing my passport.

Then, interaction with Embassy staff: " The consul may not sign it. You have long holiday in Thailand. Normally it's 2. (Not sure if she meant two from them, now I have three from them). Do you still want to apply? If you apply, it's 40 dollars, but I cannot promiss he will sign it". Scaremonging.

Kind of tired of this stuff even though I got a positive outcome. HCMC is next.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

@whitemouse you started by describing me that you went to the agency and never said if you actually got it or not..

@lkv so ? did you get it or not ? 

You both started your story and i am waiting to hear the bottom line but i couldnt understand if you got it or not ????

We DONT go the HCMC because we made the last 2 there already, and they did ask her to show a letter from Thai, etc. Not sure the third time will help.

She is not Thai, we don't have a Thai account, not sure where you get this from. Its not a sex girlfriend or something..

Edited by Rob4

Your in SR so this won't help. However seriously you have 3 or so threads about this. The very first should have included EVERYTHING. The Vietnam gf the total history, the lot. I think I even suggested Saigon as an option for setv. Perhaps would not have with complete history. PP is not only problem. Even if you obtain setv, you then plan fly bkk? 

You situation very added problem because traveling with your vgf. 

I'm in Hanoi now. I don't get it. Given your situation fly to Saigon with gf, spend time there and plan your next steps. Hells bells you might be hard pushed to enter Los at bkk by yourself. Is there a plan here?

WHAT ? your writing is not consistent, and by the way i did get so much new info in this post.

Many times some helpful people react to one and not to another, nobody die to post multiple times, we are not robots.

Regarding girlfriend, it sounds stupid what you said "coming with gf is a problem" so we will not say we are together, is it that hard ? ????

Not going to Saigon because WE WHERE ALREADY THERE MADE 2 VISAS, and i also have 3 vietnam visas, and flying to Hanoi is a real stupid thing to do (dont know if you checked flight prices).

I can fly to TH in many ways , not having to pass Bangkok, for instance Surathani.(like always).

Can also go in by land.

Your respond was not informative to me. others where.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

WHAT ? your writing is not consistent, and by the way i did get so much new info in this post.

Many times some helpful people react to one and not to another, nobody die to post multiple times, we are not robots.

Regarding girlfriend, it sounds stupid what you said "coming with gf is a problem" so we will not say we are together, is it that hard ? ????

Not going to Saigon because WE WHERE ALREADY THERE MADE 2 VISAS, and i also have 3 vietnam visas, and flying to Hanoi is a real stupid thing to do (dont know if you checked flight prices).

I can fly to TH in many ways , not having to pass Bangkok, for instance Surathani.(like always).

Can also go in by land.

Your respond was not informative to me. others where.

Thanks.

So confident to fly into Thailand then be my guest. BTW my flight to Hanoi x bkk was sweet fa. I was not suggesting Saigon or Vietnam for a setv. But hey your the one in Cambodia. The absolute last place I would choose for setv. Check out Penang or other options. Whoops too late. Sorry forgot you fly into suratthani many times. Those full moon parties are addictive.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

Wow... you sounds like an awful person, i am 35, engineer, sold my company, my gf makes tones of money online, so.. full moon is very far from us, not another fool guy who carry a sex girlfriend, a little bit different story than yours...

Ah the stupidity.

thanks!

Edited by Rob4

Just now, Rob4 said:

Wow... you sounds like an awful person, i am 35, engineer, sold my company, full moon is very far from me, not another fool guy you carry a sex girlfriend, little bit different than you...

Ah the stupidity.

thanks!

So where is your direct flight from pp to suratthani or you going by boat. Anyway good luck with your trip from sr to pp and then try and obtain setv over several days. Problematic at best. Guess that wasn't in engineering 101

A connection flight does not required a passport check in Bangkok, but in Surathani, like we did twice, and they where nice there. Yea I am a bad engineer, at least engineer..... thanks again.

Edited by Rob4

Had a bad experience in Phenom Penh with only a METV in my passport. I would not even bother if you'd had even one TV from PP, but your mileage may vary. If you have like 3 TV in your passport I would just use land boarder crossing since you get 2 per year, and then get a fresh passport, but I'm not an expert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob4 said:

@whitemouse you started by describing me that you went to the agency and never said if you actually got it or not..

You both started your story and i am waiting to hear the bottom line but i couldnt understand if you got it or not ????

We DONT go the HCMC because we made the last 2 there already, and they did ask her to show a letter from Thai, etc. 

I started a story, and I finished the story, my post is short, if you read it, you will know how my story ended.

Dude, don't be upset, you are getting several accurate, good replies, trying to give you best advice. So pls don't be upset.

If you don't feel like reading my earlier  post, here is what matters, I quote my own post for you:

"I would certainly go only with an agency in PP, don't try on your own. 

Agency in Sihanoukville is Mottah. 

I chose not to do visa at all, because decided not to prolong my 6 month stay in Pattaya, after 5 months I had enough for this year and was admitted in DMK, 30 days exempt stamp, no questions asked"

You have to realize, this is ThaiVisa web board, NOT Royal Thai Embassy in Cambodia. Only Embassy consular staff knows for certain if you will, or won't be receiving SETV. And I'm betting even they don't know if they'll issue a visa on Fri, but not on Mon. 

You were just told by another poster that this a lottery, a gamble. But you insist on concrete prediction of the outcome from a web board.

Bye bye.

Good luck, I hope you both will receive visas!

Edited by whitemouse
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rob4 said:

o anyone here who reads this, please, give us advice.

Why not stay in Cambodia, if you have plenty of money you can get a retirement VISA for up to 1 year.

If you don't have much money you can get a 3 month looking for work VISA.

You're already in Siam Reap, it's a fun place, stay there a while.

Or you could marry her and get a 5 year married VISA in Vietnam.

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Yeah, I did say it's a positive outcome. At the request of Tod on the Facebook group, I did give a breakdown of the format of how I got the third from Phnom Pehn out of 5. As it stands my current history is:

1. EU

2. Phnom Pehn

3. Phnom Pehn

4. Hong Kong

5. Phnom Pehn (as of a few days ago)

With no red stamps.

However, it's no guarantee it will work like this for everybody, it's impredictable and as I have said, if you are looking for peace of mind, you would get it in other consulates.

I took a punt this time. Next time I won't take another punt at Phnom Pehn unless I go with a clean passport.

Edited by lkv

1 hour ago, whitemouse said:

You have to realize, this is ThaiVisa web board, NOT Royal Thai Embassy in Cambodia. Only Embassy consular staff knows for certain if you will, or won't be receiving SETV. And I'm betting even they don't know if they'll issue a visa on Fri, but not on Mon. 

You were just told by another poster that this a lottery, a gamble. But you insist on concrete prediction of the outcome from a web board.

Yeah exactly. Maybe back in 2017 the Consul's cat died and he was very upset and he voided the visa that is given as an example on various forums. 

Maybe since then he got another cat and he is happy. Or maybe not.

Phnom Pehn currently looks at visa history , that's all we can tell you on this forum, and makes variable decisions.

• Like 1

Im guessing Vientaine decides your SETV visa based on how long you have been staying continually in Thailand.

I had 2 METV visas with only staying 7 days in my home country inbetween.  I then went to Vientaine to get the SETV and recieved the blue stamp of doom.

What the above posters saying is right Elite Visa is peace of mind or Education visa which can be a bit of a hassle with immigration.

Goodluck!

Why don't you just go to Phu Quoc with your GF for a while... you can make border runs back into phu quoc if needed.

You get 30 day visa exempt there, it's a special zone in vietnam...

You can also get a permanent residence in vietnam if you marry here.. just saying. Vietnam is certainly not impossible.

And as you claim you have lots of money, why not apply for a thai elite visa while you are there or a malaysia second home visa or maybe the Philiphins SRRV retirment visa if you are both over 35.

All easy to get with lots of money and solve your problems for a long time.

If it has to be thailand, you can also go to iglu and get a work permit and non o visa - of course they will charge quite a bit for that..

The whole thing is a wind up. The poster started with his desperation of "holidaying in Thailand", I got a lot of money, please help.

But I am in Siem Reap and the flights are expensive.

Maybe open your wallet more and go to further destinations and you won't encounter issues.

Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Yangon, Ho Chi Min, Hanoi, Hong Kong, Europe, Australia (get METV), ED visa, IGLU, own company, and so on.

• Like 1

not sure why everyone here think i am upset, everyone of my answers comes with "thank you",  somehow around the Thailand subject people are really aggressive.  

Anyway thanks again , will skip PP, i will not beg people to let me live life.

1. vietnam is an awful place to live, even if i get paid a salary of 10k a month. never.

2. Elit visa for 2 is 20k, yes i have that but i simply don't want to pay that. it is unmoral visa - another short thinking of asian country, something almost no other country does. Many people have 1000k but don't want to buy iPhone xs.

No offense, just dont like the way Asians work, its stupidity at its best. yea love their country, but they are stupid, this is why they are 3rd country while having more resources than many western countries.

Because they keep thinking short term.

They should welcome freelancers, digital nomads, expats, and even people who work, because obviously westerns knows how to work better, its almost academic fact,  brings in more money and jobs, but they prefer another chicken stand by a Thai instead of a freelancer that makes 10k and put 5k in the country, and may even invest.

Will definetly run away from Asia asap.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1