I used a bum gun for the first time

ghworker2010

Both cubicles at my home didn't have toilet paper. I had to resort to using the bum gun for the first time. It didn't feel right to me and I can only say that it is a most uncivilized cleaning method. I felt low class at the end of the procedure and water was dripping everywhere. I had to take a shower. 

Have you ever used one before

Im off to 7 eleven to buy some TP

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the bum gun gets you cleaner than toilet paper,

especially when your finger goes through the paper and

ends up covered in shit,

Then you have problem that maybe your toilet gets blocked

with the paper, so its bum gun for me everytime.

regards Worgeordie

I think most people/tourists who come to visit here on holiday, if they have a wet room type bathroom back home, the first thing they do is install a bum gun.

Every person who has ever visited us says the bum gun is a revelation compared to smearing shIt all over your crack...

Concur with all the above posts - far more hygenic than crappy paper (excuse the pun).

And another thing, going back to the motherland every couple of years for family visits etc - i dread the rigmarole of having to use bog roll to clean my poor, sore arse.

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

One of the reasons I shop at Home Pro is they have bum guns in toilet.  Try never to go anywhere that does not have them. 

When I first got here I made it a point of using the toilet at home before going out as I just couldn't use a squat loo. To this day, after 12 years of visiting and living here I've only once used a squat loo for a dump and it is not an experience I ever care to repeat. Trying to splash water from a scoop whilst squatting is impossible.

Well its been awhile, guess we were due for this to come around again.

Take a shovel full of dirt and throw it on the patio, then try wipe it up with towels, or clean off using a hose pipe. The principal is the same, the hose will get it cleaner, faster, every time.

One of the best things to ever come out of Thailand "The bum gun" wouldnt care to use anything else now. Even installed one in my home in the UK.

16 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Once you get the aim of the bum gun sorted out, you will find using the bum gun a much cleaner process than using toilet paper.

55555....maybe the OP didn't realize that he had to aim at the "source."  But seriously, I also use toilet paper after the spray.  Back in the day (read before bum gun), I'd sometimes have to use practically half the roll and still not be as clean as with the gun.  I recall Eddie Murphy covering this in one of his early comedic routines. 

2 minutes ago, grollies said:

When I first got here I made it a point of using the toilet at home before going out as I just couldn't use a squat loo. To this day, after 12 years of visiting and living here I've only once used a squat loo for a dump and it is not an experience I ever care to repeat. Trying to splash water from a scoop whilst squatting is impossible.

Practice my friend, makes perfect!

Yip, I'm a full convert to the bum gun.  Now I find it a bit nasty when when only tp (aka shit tickets) is available.  I still appreciate having tp (or something) to dry though.  Those new toilet seats with all the water options are also amazing... 

Smear Nutella on your arm and start wiping it with toilet paper and see what happens.

Do the same and then spray the bum gun on it (perhaps over the toilet) and see what happens. Once finished ideally wipe with paper to dry it. 

There really is no comparison. 

Just now, BobbyL said:

Smear Nutella on your arm and start wiping it with toilet paper and see what happens.

Do the same and then spray the bum gun on it (perhaps over the toilet) and see what happens. Once finished ideally wipe with paper to dry it. 

There really is no comparison. 

What a waste of Nutella.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Having never used a bum gun, when squirting does ones hand become operational also also after the squirt do you have to dry with toilet paper, or do you leave the toilet dripping?

I recommend "The Encyclopedia Of Toilet Etiquette". Great reading. 

I can't understand why America, my country, the greatest country in the history of mankind, can't clean our collective asses as effectively and hygienically as a developing country we are so much better than.

Also, why did  God put our oil under the ground in other places around the world?  

You are the first person I have ever known, who was critical of the bum gun. It is far superior to TP. I use a combo of bum gun and wet wipes. Many Thais consider farangs dirty if they only use toilet paper. I tend to agree.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe a waste of Nutella but surely you were not expecting him to say, smear some s++t on your arm.:cheesy:????:cheesy:????

Nope, but he could have licked it off in the interests of experimentation.

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

Having never used a bum gun, when squirting does ones hand become operational also also after the squirt do you have to dry with toilet paper, or do you leave the toilet dripping?

We don't have toilet dripping, only beef dripping - it's great on toast.

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

The paper is for drying, not wiping. Usually a bin close by to put the used paper in, as its not dirty.

Archived