I used a bum gun for the first time

ghworker2010

36 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

One of the reasons I shop at Home Pro is they have bum guns in toilet.  Try never to go anywhere that does not have them. 

I reserve the use of public commodes for emergencies only.    It's been so many years since I used a public toilet for  bowl release I can't recall when it may have been.   I'm a "home field" player meaning I use my house commode or the one in  my hotel room.

"Butt" bum guns are simply outstanding.    Smearing feces  with toilet paper on my back side is  wholly repugnant to me.   I do like a decent water pressure.

Lethargy is the only thing that's stopped me from buying one of the  commode adaptors for around  ฿2500 that mimic the Toto Ⓡ  appliances.

This is a part of my green (brown) contribution for the future.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

It didn't feel right to me and I can only say that it is a most uncivilized cleaning method. I felt low class at the end of the procedure and water was dripping everywhere. I had to take a shower. 

Weirdly, I'm the complete opposite. I'm so used to using a bum gun that if I have to resort to the paper method of removing unwanted fecal matter then I always feel unclean and in need of a shower. if there is no bum gun then I come out of the stall walking like someone who didn't actually make it in there in time....

58 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

at the end of the procedure and water was dripping everywhere.

The "trigger" on the apparatus is not an on/off switch. It can be squeezed gently. Also the apparatus may have a ball valve at the supply end which can be slightly closed to "tune" the water flow/pressure.

Also there are different nozzles available some have a finer gentler spray pattern. 

17 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Smear Nutella on your arm and start wiping it with toilet paper and see what happens.

Do the same and then spray the bum gun on it (perhaps over the toilet) and see what happens. Once finished ideally wipe with paper to dry it. 

There really is no comparison. 

I just tried it - f*ing Nutella splashed all over the bathroom.

My routine is TP to remove the excess, then bum gun to clean, then TP to dry.

56 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

I had to take a shower. 

That would mean you got wet................................... Maybe next time try wiping yourself clean with some dry toilet paper instead............... Bum Washers rule ???? 

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

A bum gun thread, its been a while and must mean we are overdue for a sin sod thread, a shoes off at door thread and a use of the word farang thread

Agree mate, but dont expect me to take my shoes off at the door, i cant even get the bloody things on.????

37 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Practice my friend, makes perfect!

Maybe so. But keeping  your  strides out of the collective previous dump puddle while taking  the shot is  no fun!

Would be ok if I wore  shorts  but if I do small children like to  pull the  hairs on my very hairy legs. Also no fun.

5 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Maybe so. But keeping  your  strides out of the collective previous dump puddle while taking  the shot is  no fun!

Would be ok if I wore  shorts  but if I do small children like to  pull the  hairs on my very hairy legs. Also no fun.

Just stick with toilet paper! ????

In my 7 years in Asia I have tried many times to adapt to the bum gun, and failed miserably as the water pressure is always seems too high to control properly, resulting in sh*t everywhere followed by a shower. (I made sure these training sessions were carried out at home). So now my alternative method is to wet a few wads of TP with the bum gun, clean with that and then finish/dry with more TP. Works for me and is reminiscent of the pampered lifestyle I had before when I could afford the wet-wipe, moist TP from Sainsbury's. I still buy TP in bulk from Makro.   

Just a matter of correct technique. Rinse, then dry with a couple of sheets of toilet paper. Paper goes in a bin, not down the toilet.

Advantages: More hygienic, of course. Also much less predisposition to haemorrhoids, created by over-zealous use of toilet paper.

Less environmental footprint. Sewage plants in the West are giant-sized because they have to cope with giant volumes of toilet paper, made by chopping down giant trees.

The preparation stage of a colonoscopy is much less traumatic.

Personally, I feel filthy if there is only toilet paper available.

53 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Well its been awhile, guess we were due for this to come around again.

Take a shovel full of dirt and throw it on the patio, then try wipe it up with towels, or clean off using a hose pipe. The principal is the same, the hose will get it cleaner, faster, every time.

One of the best things to ever come out of Thailand "The bum gun" wouldnt care to use anything else now. Even installed one in my home in the UK.

I hope it is plumbed into the warm water side.............:shock1:

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Well its been awhile, guess we were due for this to come around again.

Take a shovel full of dirt and throw it on the patio, then try wipe it up with towels, or clean off using a hose pipe. The principal is the same, the hose will get it cleaner, faster, every time.

One of the best things to ever come out of Thailand "The bum gun" wouldnt care to use anything else now. Even installed one in my home in the UK.

My only problem is my neighbours can see my patio, making it more difficult to have a dump in peace.

I tell you the best thing about them too, female hygiene. I have never had a bad area to work with from a Thai woman, compared to some very different aromas with western women. 

To tell a story, the last white girl I had before moving here was a nice looking brunette student. I was 23 and she was 22 (8 years ago). We only saw each other for a few brief flings over a couple of months. Whenever she got into the position that resembles a canine style, it certainly looked fantastic with her slim body, but the smell was definitely something to contend with at times ???? 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

One of the reasons I shop at Home Pro is they have bum guns in toilet.  Try never to go anywhere that does not have them. 

I hate getting caught out in a mall or supermarket that does not have 'bum guns' installed.

Reverting to horrible toilet paper is abhorrent to me.

Persevere O/P. Once you get the hang of it, you'll never go back to the disgusting habit of using paper. 

58 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

You are the first person I have ever known, who was critical of the bum gun. It is far superior to TP. I use a combo of bum gun and wet wipes. Many Thais consider farangs dirty if they only use toilet paper. I tend to agree.

And i consider the Thai dirty who don't have bum gun but they scoop a bowl of water out of a basin in the toilet.

Also they don't have a sink to wash the hands with soap after that.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I think the bum gun gets you cleaner than toilet paper,

especially when your finger goes through the paper and

ends up covered in shit,

Then you have problem that maybe your toilet gets blocked

with the paper, so its bum gun for me everytime.

regards Worgeordie

Yes, the bum gun is a great invention. Although I understand why it was introduced, toilet paper is now less civilised, less ecological,  and dirtier than the bum gun. Ask yourself, if u had mud on your hands would u just wipe them in a towel or with tissue without washing them? No of course not because a residue of mud would remain on your hands. Therefore toilet paper leaves an unhygienic residue of malodourous and contaminated faeces behind. And just think about the distance between a lady's anus and her vagina and the possible contamination if she only uses toilet paper next time u go downtown for lunch....lol! Although a wet bum soon dries out in this heat to avoid a spotty botty at home I keep a separate hand towel solely for use after the bum gun. I dont have a wet room in my UK bathroom so a good compromise is that I wipe with one sheet of toilet paper then wash my rear with water from my washbasin tap which I can reach from my toilet.

Note: When using the bum gun after a few seconds also use your other hand to thoroughly rinse the area and remove any clinkers. But to be honest when using the bum gun u will never get clinkers.

WARNING: Beware when using the bum gun with the water pressure too high or your brains might end up on the ceiling......????.  There is usually a valve just beyond the base of the hose with which u can reduce the pressure.

1 hour ago, metisdead said:

Once you get the aim of the bum gun sorted out, you will find using the bum gun a much cleaner process than using toilet paper.

agree, best invention of the century.....just imagine in some north Africa (will not name any but saw it) countries they still do it outside and clean with a small stone...

Archived