Sala fee; pay it?

Rc2702

This chap Sala who died enroute to Cardiff his new club. 15m fee which 1st instalment is overdue and has prompted legal action by former club.

Are Cardiff right that they should wait until investigation is over or should they have paid the 1st

Installment?

A lot of weird stuff has occurred in this tragedy. The test messages willie mackay son chose to publish. Cardiff not being aware of the plane that was contracted to transport their most valuable asset.

If I were the Cardiff boss I would not pay anything if they did not agree to this type of flight. They wanted him on a commercial flight but Sala did not want to travel via Paris. 

5 minutes ago, balo said:

If I were the Cardiff boss I would not pay anything if they did not agree to this type of flight. They wanted him on a commercial flight but Sala did not want to travel via Paris. 

Cardiff had already signed the player and he went back to Nantes for a social visit .

The player was a Cardiff player and nothing then to do with Nantes anymore .

It wasnt Nantes choice or decision for him to fly on that plane and nothing to do with them .

Who decided to use that aeroplane ?

Seems like it was his agent .

Cardiff have to pay up , Nantes shouldnt have to lose out , as it was nothing to do with them

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Cardiff had already signed the player and he went back to Nantes for a social visit .

The player was a Cardiff player and nothing then to do with Nantes anymore .

It wasnt Nantes choice or decision for him to fly on that plane and nothing to do with them .

Who decided to use that aeroplane ?

Seems like it was his agent .

Cardiff have to pay up , Nantes shouldnt have to lose out , as it was nothing to do with them

There may clauses with regards to not playing within a certain period, or career being ended outside the game before an appearance. 

It's likely Cardiff will pay, but I'm sure lawyers would going over it a lot before an agreement or paying anything is done. Also out of respect for the dead probably best leaving what would appear to be cold dealings until a time of bereavement has been observed. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

There may clauses with regards to not playing within a certain period, or career being ended outside the game before an appearance. 

It's likely Cardiff will pay, but I'm sure lawyers would going over it a lot before an agreement or paying anything is done. Also out of respect for the dead probably best leaving what would appear to be cold dealings until a time of bereavement has been observed. 

Seems poor from Cardiff on a few fronts though. They were not aware of the flight and it makes you wonder why Mackay clan seemingly bent over backwards to get him back so quickly. Now between Cardiff and Nantes it looks like no one's picked up the phone for a chat and it's gone into overdrive at exactly the worst time. The press reporting this issue are behaving just as badly. I think the agent may have pushed this flight on sala.

Archived