Speeding cameras GPScoordinates

siamcrut

Does anybody know how to use the provided GPS coordinates on Thai speeding tickets.

On my last trip to Bangkok (New Year) I got flashed 4 times.

On highway # 41, 4 and 35.

I don’t mind paying a fine if they catch me, but during this last trip I used to drive most of the time 115 km/h, speeding cams start flashing at a 120km/h.

So now I was looking at those tickets which they sent by mail and used the coordinates on google map and TomTom:

no result! 

Back to my question, does anybody know how to type in these coordinates into google map and get a result?

Thanks for any helpful input.

79B94FD6-6ABF-4068-898F-9EED07370896.jpeg

F490ACA1-B2EE-4AF8-8B9F-507239C4E0B6.jpeg

AEF48087-CBD2-49D6-BE3D-BF77F42E6126.jpeg

Google Maps can digest it directly.

Enter the second example in the search field of Google maps like this:

(adding a comma between the coordinates)

N10° 57.7817, E099° 18.9726

(I left the minutes symbol accidentally but still seems OK)

Results in a stretch on Phetkasem rd. (highway 4), Pathio district, Chumphon province.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/10°57'46.9"N+99°18'58.4"E/@10.9630283,99.3140213,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d10.9630283!4d99.31621

Is that plausible?

Even better, you can directly enter it to the Google(.com) search field and will see a map as first result.

First example (N12° 46.8695, E099° 56.2638) also Phetkasem rd. but in Phetchaburi province.

Third example (N09° 21.2868, E099° 10.1425) is on highway 41 in Surat Thani province.

I've only ever seen speeding cameras which are above the road.

But it looks like the pictures in the OP were taken from somewhere at street level.

Are these cops who did set up a checkpoint or does Thailand have fixed speeding cameras which are at street level as well? If they have these, how do they look like?

21 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Even before moving to Thailand (2011) I ran into a speed check from a car parked on the shoulder/green). Just that after that there was a checkpoint to pay on the spot. That was on highway 2 (Mitraphap).

Don't know about fixed mounted speed traps.

They often show signs where obviously nothing happens.

Mithraphap in Khon Kaen is plastered with "camera" signs combined with the "80" limit. Me and most others follow it strictly there.

A highway to Udon Thani over the hills from Nong Bua also plastered.

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Mithraphap in Khon Kaen is plastered with "camera" signs combined with the "80" limit.

But there are at least cameras, no idea if speeding cameras or just for traffic monitoring.

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Same for a highway to Udon Thani over the hills from Nong Bua.

I could never spot anything suspicious there, i think there are no speeding cameras.

I googled for speeding cameras and found this article: https://auto.mthai.com/news/36447.html

I've never seen one like in the first picture closer to street level, but they do obviously exist, i will keep my eyes open for them.

I've only ever seen speeding cameras like on the second picture, which are mounted in a bridge in this case, but i've seen them several times attached to poles above the street.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

But it looks like the pictures in the OP were taken from somewhere at street level.

Are these cops who did set up a checkpoint or does Thailand have fixed speeding cameras which are at street level as well? If they have these, how do they look like?

Cameras much same there are square ones and round ones they can be spotted on the right or the left of road types, if you drive slow enough. ????.

38 minutes ago, siamcrut said:

If I were a senior citizen, I wouldn’t need to know either.

Why's that....?

I mean, speed cameras are all over the world, usually placed in black spots, you know, places where folk keep having accidents, near schools etc, for folk who cannot read the road properly...Ones age probably doesn't come into the camera placement criteria....

dick.jpg.2a93b79f28318b7e8d72165c03dcb6d7.jpg

I noticed today that there are several more cameras going up on the 1/32. By the way they don't click in at 120kph they click in at anything over 110kph. That's on a 90kph road 100 if it's an 80 one. Seems your only chance of not getting one now is by going slowly.

Sorry about the small print but you can blame TV that.

22 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I noticed today that there are several more cameras going up on the 1/32. By the way they don't click in at 120kph they click in at anything over 110kph. That's on a 90kph road 100 if it's an 80 one. Seems your only chance of not getting one now is by going slowly.

Sorry about the small print but you can blame TV that.

Interesting. are you sure about when they start flashing. On all the fotos it says L= 120 km/h. And I do have several more tickets from last year, anyway when I passed fix mounted cameras I know (on road #35)

no tickets at 115km/h.

the issue is how to mange future trips up to Bgkk. If sticking to the official speed limit my navi calculates

~ 11 hours and more for the trip. That’s painful. Before all my trips up to Bgkk was around 6 hours for 650 km. 

That’s a huge difference. Maybe have to change to airplane in the future...

13 hours ago, siamcrut said:

Interesting. are you sure about when they start flashing. On all the fotos it says L= 120 km/h. And I do have several more tickets from last year, anyway when I passed fix mounted cameras I know (on road #35)

no tickets at 115km/h.

the issue is how to mange future trips up to Bgkk. If sticking to the official speed limit my navi calculates

~ 11 hours and more for the trip. That’s painful. Before all my trips up to Bgkk was around 6 hours for 650 km. 

I was informed by my Thai cab driver that I would be fine at anything up to 20km above the limit. But they would sometimes flash at around 110kph but I wouldn't get a ticket, 115 and I would. That's on as I said a 90km road.

Have tested this and I have had tickets at 115 but not anything lower. So he could be correct. They don't like you going to much over the top on 120kph roads around BKK 130 and you'll be buggered, as I personally know, receiving a 1.000bt fine. All the others 500bt.

I do know how you feel about it adding on a lot more time. On the occasion I have done a 500km trip it's now taking me around 6 hours with a stop. I used to do the same thing in under 4 hours. If it's any consolation at least it saves on fuel. 

13 hours ago, siamcrut said:

no tickets at 115km/h.

We drove up from BK to Uttradit the other day. Mile upon mile of 90km speed limits ...enough to bore you to sleep.

Mrs J downloaded an app which warned you of km posts where you need to be careful ... only problem someone had painted over the numbers.

In the end decided to follow those who seemed to know where to be careful. A 90km/Hr convoy for a couple of km and then speed off again ...

I don't tend to drive fast anyway but on straight duel carriageway through the country side 90km/Hr does seem unnecessary slow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, JAS21 said:

We drove up from BK to Uttradit the other day. Mile upon mile of 90km speed limits ...enough to bore you to sleep.

Mrs J downloaded an app which warned you of km posts where you need to be careful ... only problem someone had painted over the numbers.

In the end decided to follow those who seemed to know where to be careful. A 90km/Hr convoy for a couple of km and then speed off again ...

I don't tend to drive fast anyway but on straight duel carriageway through the country side 90km/Hr does seem unnecessary slow.

Ha Ha ..driving from Phitsanulok to Nakhon Sawan this morning saw a few camaras ...I set the cruise control to 90 ... about km post 23 some guy in a big Nussan flashed passed and weaved aroung those in front ...between 21 and 20 there was a police road block and a table set up at the road side in the shade ... Mr Nissan had an invite ????...there was a queue to be seated ....

Archived