Do you carry your passport?

Bluetongue

Since both my motorbike and car license have my passport number on them I never carry my passport. Even traveling In Country by plane I simply present my license and not a problem. The same goes for checking in to a hotel. Losing or having your Passport stolen and then dealing with the hassle that goes with that is not worth it, IMO.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

I don't know about other nationalities but US citizens can now get a passport card along with a normal passport when renewing or replacing a passport.  The card is credit card size and has all the details of the pp front page except, for some reason, the passport number is not the same.  It is an official document.  It's not valid for international travel except between US and Canada/Mexico. It costs an additional $25 but I figured it was worth it and now keep that with me when I venture out.

I have yet to have opportunity to test it with the BiB.

1 minute ago, dddave said:

I don't know about other nationalities but US citizens can now get a passport card along with a normal passport when renewing or replacing a passport.  The card is credit card size and has all the details of the pp front page except, for some reason, the passport number is not the same.  It is an official document.  It's not valid for international travel except between US and Canada/Mexico. It costs an additional $25 but I figured it was worth it and now keep that with me when I venture out.

I have yet to have opportunity to test it with the BiB.

I have the passport card, it's nice.

I had a few "Autopia" driver licenses I got at Disneyland, I laminated them with a photo and give them to the BIB when I need to.

• Haha 1