Weatherman predicts worsening smog problem next week

webfact

Weatherman predicts worsening smog problem next week

51211641_2529347147080794_89235648211698

Smog conditions in and around Bangkok are expected to get worse between February 13th and 15th, with an increase in the level of accumulated PM2.5 dust particles in the atmosphere – thanks to the anticipated high pressure cell over the central region, the Meteorological Department reported today.

The department also predicted a slight drop of temperatures and urged relevant agencies to take steps to deal with the situation.

The department’s chief Mr. Phuwiang Prakammin attributed the current improved air quality in Bangkok and its peripherals to better air circulation and clear sky, causing fine dust particles to be dissipated more effectively.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/weatherman-predicts-worsening-smog-problem-next-week/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-02-08

pm2.5 is 112 right now where i am. About 100 or so rai of sugarcane is going to be set on fire tonight here in kanchanaburi so my prediction will be a reading of between 350-500+ for the next 3days. And who cares? No one!!. Thai ignorance deserves a medal. Politicians need the death penalty. They havent done a thing for bettering the lives of thais for the decades ive lived here. Not a dam thing!! In fact i would bet money that the health of thais now is worse than what it was even 5yrs ago. More population with stupid ideas like burning all leaves, rubbish, farms, forests, charcoal and charcoal pots, etc... Its an abomination. Spraying water in the air is a trick. Diesels with euro4 ratings+ pollute no more than anyother car and banning diesel is impossible. I have an excavator, tractor and pickups all using diesel. All machines, trucks, airport machinery, etc.. all use diesel. Im sick of the blame game from the thai gov. Its pathetic.

Over the last several days I've noticed a marked increase in trucks, pick-ups and HGV's belching clouds of black smoke from their exhausts. Some very bad and sustained not just a quick "belch".

This morning vehicle inspectors have set up on our main road and are pulling any suspect looking diesel vehicle over.

Hope they keep this up.

10 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Over the last several days I've noticed a marked increase in trucks, pick-ups and HGV's belching clouds of black smoke from their exhausts. Some very bad and sustained not just a quick "belch".

This morning vehicle inspectors have set up on our main road and are pulling any suspect looking diesel vehicle over.

Hope they keep this up.

And what are they doing to the drivers, slapping their wrists? Take the keys out, and throw them away.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

...an increase in the level of accumulated PM2.5 dust particles in the atmosphere – thanks to the anticipated high pressure cell over the central region...

Thanks, but no thanks.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Hope they keep this up.

I agree the emissions need to be reduced, that's a given. There will be monetary repercussions of course if they get serious with this and force businesses to clean up their vehicles. Those costs will be passed down to the consumers of the goods being transported. imo If they push this clean up (and they should) we will all be paying for it at the cash register.

There is also another reason why diesel powered vehicles belch black smoke and that is the quality of the fuel they are buying from the service stations. A small percentage of fuel oil mixed with the diesel at the refinery will burn the tips of the injectors and belch black smoke. It is a major job to clean the whole fuel system of a vehicle and replace the burnt injectors plus it is very costly

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

pm2.5 is 112 right now where i am. About 100 or so rai of sugarcane is going to be set on fire tonight here in kanchanaburi so my prediction will be a reading of between 350-500+ for the next 3days. And who cares? No one!!. Thai ignorance deserves a medal. Politicians need the death penalty. They havent done a thing for bettering the lives of thais for the decades ive lived here. Not a dam thing!! In fact i would bet money that the health of thais now is worse than what it was even 5yrs ago. More population with stupid ideas like burning all leaves, rubbish, farms, forests, charcoal and charcoal pots, etc... Its an abomination. Spraying water in the air is a trick. Diesels with euro4 ratings+ pollute no more than anyother car and banning diesel is impossible. I have an excavator, tractor and pickups all using diesel. All machines, trucks, airport machinery, etc.. all use diesel. Im sick of the blame game from the thai gov. Its pathetic.

You should grow sugarcane the clean way and promote it like that...my family will be your customer and so will Europe if i help you to promote it there.

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

You should check ALL the sugar cane growing countries and not just single out Thailand before you get on your soapbox about the burning of the cane fields. The largest sugar growing countries in the world still follow the burning of the fields the night before the harvest. It does not matter if it is a Euro4 rated diesel or not, if the motor is tuned properly and it is using pure first grade diesel fuel then you will not get the black smoke, but if the fuel has been mixed with fuel oil at the refinery then the fuel oil will burn the tips of the injectors and that will cause black smoke. Then you must remove the whole fuel system and clean it plus replace the injectors at a great loss of time and expense. When you look at a lot of the diesel vehicles here in Thailand they are not maintained very well and they prefer the noise that they get instead of tuning them properly. Many of the pick-ups should be off the road because there is no way that they would meet the safety standards or the emission standards, but the people just keep using them and they do not care.

Amazing Thailand and foreigners are arguing over 65K in the bank or leaving 800K deposit throughout the year to inhale smog and smell stinky sois while overhanging power cables are threatening people's life like Damocles swords. And people still want to live here. I wonder why? May be they are addicted or infected with an unknown  virus.

Archived