Phuket Governor confirms there is enough water in Phuket

webfact

Phuket Governor confirms there is enough water in Phuket

By The Thaiger

5907061603_e41e0ec0e5_b.jpg

PHOTO: Bang Wad Dam, Kathu

The Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana has confirmed that Phuket has enough water supplies for residential use without restrictions.

The PWA announced start dates for odd/even day water restrictions to start in some areas of the island from today (Friday).

But a day after the announcement, the PWA followed up by cancelling the restrictions.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-governor-confirms-there-is-enough-water-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-08

12 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

I have stood in the middle of that dam in years gone by. I agree with the governor that there is plenty of water supply. Every year there is a panic and every year the rains come in time.

Uhh no. Although I have not  been in Phuket for 3 years now, my experience while there was that there were always water shortages. My condo had to supplement its water with a daily tanker delivery.  The population and water consumption has grown significantly. It is not unreasonable to expect a water shortage. It was wrong for the governor to over rule the prudent assessment of the professionals at the PWA.

56 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Uhh no. Although I have not  been in Phuket for 3 years now, my experience while there was that there were always water shortages. My condo had to supplement its water with a daily tanker delivery.  The population and water consumption has grown significantly. It is not unreasonable to expect a water shortage. It was wrong for the governor to over rule the prudent assessment of the professionals at the PWA.

I agree yearly water shortages but announcing it in the press may deter visitors.

Archived