Vegetarian Society For English Speakers

StrongView

Perhaps this isn't the best place for this...but vegetarianism is about food, right? If it's in the wrong place...mods...please move it.

Anyway, I'm a vegan...my wife a vegetarian. We like to eat at nice veg places in BKK...and know there must be other people out there that like the same. I've been working on getting together a group of people to go out to monthly dinners to network and meet people possibly interested in the same things. Perhaps, if things go this way, we can also schedule outings. We'll see.

If you're interested...please PM (private message) me on this board...and we can continue the conversation through email. I'm looking at having the first get together in March. Get in touch.

does anyone remember her unabashed sneering countenance on an episode of Julia Child's cooking show 30 years ago in the US when the topic of meatless cuisine was discussed?...not that I disagree with meatless cuisine; have you considered the addition of eastern pulse and vegetable based dishes to yer menu?...have a look at various indian and middle eastern cookbooks fer this purpose...Claudia Roden's classic A Book of Middle Eastern Food immediately comes to mind... :o