Poll -- new confusing retirement police orders giving you stress?

Stressed out retirees in Thailand?  

342 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's another way to look at the recent police orders regarding retirement for both income without embassy letters and bank method, with combo method without embassy letters being the most muddled and uncertain.

So if you're in the retirement system here already, or were planning on entering it soon, please rate your stress level about these changes, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 the most stress.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jmd8800 said:

No stress for me. I was looking for a country to spend some time in when I arrived in Thailand. Knowing that I was to be granted permission to stay on a yearly basis I didn't commit myself to things that last longer than 1 year that might be jeopardized should the rules change as I hate disappointments in life.

A lot of people from So California had built houses in Mexico along the Pacific coast south of Tijuana. In the 1980s they were kicked out. I never forgot that. Plus the 2007-8 financial crisis destroyed about 30% of my retirement. Life can be fleeting at times.

And soon they'll have to get back to So Cal over the Wall.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No stress for me other than moderating all the topics about the change.

I do my extensions based upon marriage and already have years of transfers going into a Thai bank well above the 40k baht requirement to show for my extension.

Would it not be a good idea then to CLOSE all the threads from December & January, before these new regs were proposed.

• Haha 1