Traffic jam today in Chalong much worse than usual

fiddlehead

Took my son 4 hours to get home on his mini-bus from Thai Hua school to Rawai. 
Traffic was backed up everywhere coming into the circle for a few kilometers. 
Anyone know why today was worse than the usual traffic jam. 
Sure will be glad when the tunnel gets finished. 
It's been a long time. 

Yes, an accident like indicated by LiK could have played a role. However I have noticed that these last weeks every Friday afternoon it is a big, big mess. Besides the issue of 4 lanes coming together right in front of Soi Sunrise (road to the pier) the main issue seems to be the police, who don't let traffic flow at all.

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

For some reason 10.00 today the BiB had the back rat run from Patak closed off. So HomePro became the busy rat run as traffic backed up on Patak from the circle.

Something to do with yesterday's accident with poles and wiring brought down?

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

For some reason 10.00 today the BiB had the back rat run from Patak closed off. So HomePro became the busy rat run as traffic backed up on Patak from the circle.

Assuming same problem as yesterday, the fallen power cables. Sounds like I was lucky yesterday, choosing Chaofa West. Less than two hours from Central to Karon (left at 5pm). And this all due to one cut-through road closure, plus the usual police job of not allowing the traffic to flow naturally.

I still have my doubts about the usefulness of the underpass. Great between Rawai and Chaofa West, which admittedly is the busiest of the routes, but as for the rest? 18 out of 20 potential routes will be converging on Chalong Circle with single lanes alongside the underpass walls. Still, we'll find out in April ????????

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BIG BUDDHA said:

Speaking of Chalong....anyone know why Villa market by Chalong Circle can sell liquor between the hours of 2-5PM?

Because they aren't with 500 metres of a school or Temple. That's how the rule is supposed to be applied. 

Archived