Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 March 2019 03:13

Recommended Posts

Can someone tell me the difference between a House and  a Villa? I've seen so many adverts for a 'Villa" for sale that looks like a house to me. A Mansion I can understand but a Villa?

Is a 5 bedroom house a Villa? 

Or is it just a European wanky term for a bigger house?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good question, but can we extend to the comparison Mansion vs Villa vs house as I am not familiar with mansions.

 

Hope the OP does not mind.

 

Thanks....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Good question, but can we extend to the comparison Mansion vs Villa vs house as I am not familiar with mansions.

 

Hope the OP does not mind.

 

Thanks....

 And add bungalow.

 

So best to rely on a quick description... 5 bed, 4 bath, kitchen, etc.....

 

Or better still, photos .

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres a bit of grey area and overlap.. Theres also a lot of upscaling of terms by the real estate industry.. Some 2 bed bungalow with no pool etc is not a 'villa' however much an agent wishes it to be one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Theres a bit of grey area and overlap.. Theres also a lot of upscaling of terms by the real estate industry.. Some 2 bed bungalow with no pool etc is not a 'villa' however much an agent wishes it to be one.

Agree. Probably a marketing term more than anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Agree. Probably a marketing term more than anything.

Agree. Having a pool isn't a Villa upgrade either. In Southern European countries it's a town house. From the French 'ville' which is a village or small town. All you need to do is google it. Sales speak for a 'sows ears'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 1:41 AM, emptypockets said:

Can someone tell me the difference between a House and  a Villa? I've seen so many adverts for a 'Villa" for sale that looks like a house to me. A Mansion I can understand but a Villa?

Is a 5 bedroom house a Villa? 

Or is it just a European wanky term for a bigger house?

 

Based on this definition, all the houses I grew up in were villas.

https://www.reference.com/art-literature/difference-between-villa-house-84d4c646eacca19c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Hello hello Sean how's it going lad?

 

How's the FMCG and yoghurt admirers industry?

And the Chinese billionaire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, emptypockets said:

And the Chinese billionaire?

And the billion dollar advertising company where he was regional director but hang on a moment.... (pausing for dramatic effect)

 

How do you know?

 

This is a Sean thread all day long it's a bit like a poker game with 3 online players in the same room at the same table online.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Hello hello Sean how's it going lad?

 

How's the FMCG and yoghurt admirers industry?

 

Still working on getting the next round of funding, although I haven't been trying very hard as other projects have had to take precedence.  Aside from that all good.

Nothing to do with yogurt mind you, although you were right about it being an FMCG.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, seancbk said:

 

Still working on getting the next round of funding, although I haven't been trying very hard as other projects have had to take precedence.  Aside from that all good.

Nothing to do with yogurt mind you, although you were right about it being an FMCG.  

 

Your yoghurt idol Sean you forgot about him already. Tut tut.

 

These fast moving consumer goods surely need people moving fast too. It's year 3 to my knowledge. How much funding you secured so far and let's just clarify rounds of funding. Does not mean someone paying for a round.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 5:50 AM, Kwasaki said:

A villa is a large, detached structure with spacious land surrounding it.

A typical house can be detached / semi-detached or terraced usually with 2 or 3 bedrooms.

The term mansion are as houses that have at least 8,000 square feet of floor space and more than 2 levels. 

just wanted to write the same ))) Your description is correct.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...