House or Villa??

9 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Can someone tell me the difference between a House and  a Villa?

A villa is a large, detached structure with spacious land surrounding it.

A typical house can be detached / semi-detached or terraced usually with 2 or 3 bedrooms.

The term mansion are as houses that have at least 8,000 square feet of floor space and more than 2 levels. 

6 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Good question, but can we extend to the comparison Mansion vs Villa vs house as I am not familiar with mansions.

Hope the OP does not mind.

Thanks....

And add bungalow.

So best to rely on a quick description... 5 bed, 4 bath, kitchen, etc.....

Or better still, photos .

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Theres a bit of grey area and overlap.. Theres also a lot of upscaling of terms by the real estate industry.. Some 2 bed bungalow with no pool etc is not a 'villa' however much an agent wishes it to be one.

Agree. Probably a marketing term more than anything.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Agree. Probably a marketing term more than anything.

Agree. Having a pool isn't a Villa upgrade either. In Southern European countries it's a town house. From the French 'ville' which is a village or small town. All you need to do is google it. Sales speak for a 'sows ears'.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:41 AM, emptypockets said:

Can someone tell me the difference between a House and  a Villa? I've seen so many adverts for a 'Villa" for sale that looks like a house to me. A Mansion I can understand but a Villa?

Is a 5 bedroom house a Villa? 

Or is it just a European wanky term for a bigger house?

Based on this definition, all the houses I grew up in were villas.

https://www.reference.com/art-literature/difference-between-villa-house-84d4c646eacca19c

Just now, emptypockets said:

And the Chinese billionaire?

And the billion dollar advertising company where he was regional director but hang on a moment.... (pausing for dramatic effect)

How do you know?

This is a Sean thread all day long it's a bit like a poker game with 3 online players in the same room at the same table online.

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Hello hello Sean how's it going lad?

How's the FMCG and yoghurt admirers industry?

Still working on getting the next round of funding, although I haven't been trying very hard as other projects have had to take precedence.  Aside from that all good.

Nothing to do with yogurt mind you, although you were right about it being an FMCG.  

15 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Still working on getting the next round of funding, although I haven't been trying very hard as other projects have had to take precedence.  Aside from that all good.

Nothing to do with yogurt mind you, although you were right about it being an FMCG.  

Your yoghurt idol Sean you forgot about him already. Tut tut.

These fast moving consumer goods surely need people moving fast too. It's year 3 to my knowledge. How much funding you secured so far and let's just clarify rounds of funding. Does not mean someone paying for a round.

On 2/9/2019 at 5:50 AM, Kwasaki said:

A villa is a large, detached structure with spacious land surrounding it.

A typical house can be detached / semi-detached or terraced usually with 2 or 3 bedrooms.

The term mansion are as houses that have at least 8,000 square feet of floor space and more than 2 levels. 

just wanted to write the same ))) Your description is correct.

Archived