Trump adviser Conway accuses woman of assaulting her in restaurant: CNN

rooster59

Trump adviser Conway accuses woman of assaulting her in restaurant: CNN

800x800 (4).jpg

FILE PHOTO: White House counselor Kellyanne Conway speaks to reporters outside the White House in Washington, U.S., January 3, 2019. REUTERS/Jim Young/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said she was assaulted at a Maryland restaurant last year by a woman who grabbed and shook her, an accusation the woman has denied, CNN reported on Friday.

Conway said in an interview with CNN that the incident took place while she was dining out with her daughter at the Mexican restaurant Uncle Julio's in the Washington suburb of Bethesda, and that the woman grabbed her arms from behind and was "out of control."

The accused woman, 63-year-old Mary Elizabeth Inabinett, disputed Conway's account, her lawyer told CNN, saying she did not assault the top White House staffer but expressed her personal opinions to a public figure in a public place.

Inabinett faces state charges of second degree assault and disorderly conduct in an Oct. 14 incident, according to Maryland court records. Her lawyer, William Alden McDaniel, told CNN she will plead not guilty.

The trial is scheduled for trial on March 29, the records showed.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-02-09

Happened last October?  Why is the Minister of Deflection bringing this up today?

Are we supposed to be distracted from what the orange guy is doing? 

OTOH DT doesn't like when the spotlight is on anyone other than himself.

A salted nut, anyone?

20 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

I find it ironic that she's having dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  I expected that she'd only go to "good white people" restaurants.

Nah. She has to feel good about herself. "I like the food, just not the poor"

She's a fascist hatchet woman.  Appealing to a small political base which usually is made up of Christian Evangelicals and "out of touch" conservatives.

People have the right to express their disapproval, in any fashion short of violence. Shaming a fool in a public venue is the right of every individual. Let us not forget. This administration, and it's sycophantic occupants are truly despised by the majority of American people, and 90% of people around the world. 

18 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Good thing she wasn't wearing a MAGA cap. 

The woman who assaulted her could have been enraged enough to kill her! 

Allegedly assaulted her...

and more so, alleged by someone who has worked for an individual who has a great deal of trouble in expressing the truth of what actually happened in an incident or event...

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

So you would not support President Roosevelt in WWII because he cozied up to Stalin? One of the greatest mass murderers in human history. Can we get serious here, you have likely never voted Republican in your life.

That's a pretty poor analogy, considering that Roosevelt had a pretty clear eyed understanding of who Stalin was, but also recognized that at that time, Hitler and the Nazis were bent on world domination, and thus represented the greater threat that had to be defeated.

And of course, as soon as the Nazis were defeated and WWII was over, the U.S. pretty much ended up in a decades long Cold War with the Soviet Union that began during Stalin's final years as dictator there.

It's not like Roosevelt was looking to build condo projects in the Soviet Union under Stalin.

after radical left wing dems harrassed ted cruz and his wife in a restaurant, most likely mrs conway has testified the truth about being attacked. however the partisian media like prawda cnn tried to discredit her. but more important is the sexual and rascist behaviour of leading  Dems in virginia , what a scandal democrat fairfax and asociates , where is the media coverage.

wbr

roobaa01

1 hour ago, mwbrown said:

I find it ironic that she's having dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  I expected that she'd only go to "good white people" restaurants.

But she was in Bethesda..... the 20th most wealthy community district in those United States..... so I’d have thought that finding other than “good white people” a real challenge.

Obviously challenge accepted and won.... good job kellyanne.... making friends wherever she goes. ???????????? 

10 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

after radical left wing dems harrassed ted cruz and his wife in a restaurant, most likely mrs conway has testified the truth about being attacked. however the partisian media like prawda cnn tried to discredit her. but more important is the sexual and rascist behaviour of leading  Dems in virginia , what a scandal democrat fairfax and asociates , where is the media coverage.

wbr

roobaa01

Fake news.... or maybe you can provide friendly fox links

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Well, we cannot see what you look like for comparison can we?

We know you think she is lying because you think all Republicans in office are lying. 

I don't think Tug is so small as to consider "all Republicans as liars". I don't, yet I share the same feelings about Trump as Tug does (in my case, hatred).

Conway lies on a daily basis. Of course she does, she works for the biggest liar that the country has ever elected as President. Conway, just like Sara Sanders, must lie to keep her job and to avoid having a temper tantrum thrown by 'the man-child boss' because she didn't lie to cover his ass.

Plain and simple!

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

People have the right to express their disapproval, in any fashion short of violence. Shaming a fool in a public venue is the right of every individual. Let us not forget. This administration, and it's sycophantic occupants are truly despised by the majority of American people, and 90% of people around the world. 

No they don't. They have the right to express their views in a forthright manner but not to be rude, abusive, derogatory or intimidating physically or verbally.

Assault does not have to be physical. 

You may not like her politics and your imaginative assertion of the views of "90% of the people around the world" agreeing with you, betrays your view.

Would you be so supportive if someone attacked Hilary while she was out having dinner with Chelsea?

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

I don't think Tug is so small as to consider "all Republicans as liars". I don't, yet I share the same feelings about Trump as Tug does (in my case, hatred).

Conway lies on a daily basis. Of course she does, she works for the biggest liar that the country has ever elected as President. Conway, just like Sara Sanders, must lie to keep her job and to avoid having a temper tantrum thrown by 'the man-child boss' because she didn't lie to cover his ass.

Plain and simple!

Are you really so naive as to believe Clinton, the top Democrats and the vast majority of politicians don't lie?

Or do you only class it as "lying" if you don't agree with them politically?

The democrats lied to select Hilary Clinton as their candidate against Trump. Sanders was robbed in the truth.

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

Good thing she wasn't wearing a MAGA cap. 

The woman who assaulted her could have been enraged enough to kill her! 

Holy Mother. That's twice in a week now that I have to agree with Boon Mee (aka Mr sad emoji).

About that silly MAGA cap. I have read some stories where it isn't safe to wear that cap out in public. I am quite sure that they weren't "FAKE news".

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No they don't. They have the right to express their views in a forthright manner but not to be rude, abusive, derogatory or intimidating physically or verbally.

Assault does not have to be physical. 

You may not like her politics and your imaginative assertion of the views of "90% of the people around the world" agreeing with you, betrays your view.

Would you be so supportive if someone attacked Hilary while she was out having dinner with Chelsea?

Yes. I am not fond of Hillary, on any level. She is corrupt, and she was a terrible candidate. And from what I hear, there is little in the way of an imaginative assertion, with my comment on the popularity of this administration around the world. Have you been talking to people lately, and asking the right questions? I reaffirm my assertion that anyone has the right to verbally abuse an official, if they think they are not representing the nation. Respect should never, ever be freely given. It must be earned, and earned it is not. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I'm sure you think that. Fortunately you have one vote, or perhaps none. 

I would be interested to see what would happen if a conservative was shouting down a liberal in a restaurant, disturbing the entire place. Do you think the coverage would be fair? Would you be standing up for their right to "shame a fool" in public and defend them? 

I like Trump and think he is doing a great job on the economy, trade agreements, picking judges, and reducing regulations. The jobs that Obama said would never return, have returned to the USA, unemployment is at the lowest levels ever recorded for blacks and Hispanics, and more people are working than at any other time in the history of the USA.

Not too bad for a womanizing huckster, and former reality TV host that had never previously held political office!

3 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

I'm sure you think that. Fortunately you have one vote, or perhaps none. 

I would be interested to see what would happen if a conservative was shouting down a liberal in a restaurant, disturbing the entire place. Do you think the coverage would be fair? Would you be standing up for their right to "shame a fool" in public and defend them? 

Absolutely. I consider ALL politicians to be corrupt, shameless and without morals, and deserving of public shaming, on a consistent basis. Let them know how you feel. They deserve that. Some more than others. It is not about partisanship for me. It is about how well you represent the majority of the population. 

22 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Are you really so naive as to believe Clinton, the top Democrats and the vast majority of politicians don't lie?

Or do you only class it as "lying" if you don't agree with them politically?

The democrats lied to select Hilary Clinton as their candidate against Trump. Sanders was robbed in the truth.

This thread is not about Democrats. I was addressing Conway. That is who this thread is about.

I am not naïve. Of course Democrats lie. All politicians lie. But none equal to "The King of Liars".

Conway works for The King.

33 minutes ago, neeray said:

Plain and simple!

Oh come on now. It's "alternative facts"!

1 hour ago, roobaa01 said:

wbr

roobaa01

There's always a few bad apples. And BTW, there is wall to wall media coverage about this particular Dem in Virginia. So much media coverage that I had to switch from my favourite news station to a bit of History Channel.

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

Happened last October?  Why is the Minister of Deflection bringing this up today?

Possibly a no news day?

Maybe they just announced the trial dates?

Trumps mob should be banned from Mexican restaurants, the thing is if this does go to trial, Conway may well be proven to have exaggerated her claims, could do trump more damage having another of his cronies proven to tell porkies even if the prosecution is successful, me think this this will get dropped at the last minute.

A troll post and the ensuing off topic replies have been removed. 

A post containing invalid links has been removed:

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's a pretty poor analogy, considering that Roosevelt had a pretty clear eyed understanding of who Stalin was, but also recognized that at that time, Hitler and the Nazis were bent on world domination, and thus represented the greater threat that had to be defeated.

And of course, as soon as the Nazis were defeated and WWII was over, the U.S. pretty much ended up in a decades long Cold War with the Soviet Union that began during Stalin's final years as dictator there.

It's not like Roosevelt was looking to build condo projects in the Soviet Union under Stalin.

Well no, the US ended up in three decades of cold war because when Molotov came to Washington (at FDR's request so that they could agree on the split up of Europe) Truman, was such a pig to him, contrary to the way that FDR conducted himself, that Molotov left the US the next day! Truman was the military Industrial complex's "toady" and so put the world on a nuclear war footing until the collapse of the USSR!!

Trump wants to withdraw troops from all of these useless wars and all of you guys are saying he is doing the wrong thing? Don't you have Sons and daughters??

Archived