Trump, not especially vigilant on diet, declared 'in very good health'

rooster59

The only implication worthy of note here is that the president is a man without discipline. He cannot follow a diet or an exercise routine. That is troubling, to say the least. Because it reflects on far more than personal health. He is ruled by his appetites in all matters.

Now a former Obama administration health official has weighed in on the professionalism of a doctor stating that someone will remain in good health for an indefinite period of time, especially after that patient has not followed the health goals prescribed following his last check up:

“No doctor can predict someone’s future health,” Klain tweeted in response to Conley’s statement on Saturday. “This is a disgrace to an office with a great tradition of professionalism. Just another institution turned into a joke by a President determined to make anyone willing to submit an instrument of his lies.”

https://www.newsweek.com/obamas-ebola-official-slams-trumps-annual-physical-exam-no-doctor-can-predict-1325459

Of course, the Trump followers will jump on his being a former Obama official, but what he says is quite valid.  You go for an annual check up, the Dr says you're not doing too bad, but need to cut back on the cholesterol and get more exercise.  If you fail to do so then more fool you, and the following year any competent Dr is definitely not going to say "Don't worry, you'll remain in very good health for the foreseeable future."

10 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Now a former Obama administration health official has weighed in on the professionalism of a doctor stating that someone will remain in good health for an indefinite period of time, especially after that patient has not followed the health goals prescribed following his last check up:

“No doctor can predict someone’s future health,” Klain tweeted in response to Conley’s statement on Saturday. “This is a disgrace to an office with a great tradition of professionalism. Just another institution turned into a joke by a President determined to make anyone willing to submit an instrument of his lies.”

https://www.newsweek.com/obamas-ebola-official-slams-trumps-annual-physical-exam-no-doctor-can-predict-1325459

Of course, the Trump followers will jump on his being a former Obama official, but what he says is quite valid.  You go for an annual check up, the Dr says you're not doing too bad, but need to cut back on the cholesterol and get more exercise.  If you fail to do so then more fool you, and the following year any competent Dr is definitely not going to say "Don't worry, you'll remain in very good health for the foreseeable future."

That's strange because the WH physician said the following about Obama in 2014, “All clinical data indicates that the president is currently healthy and that he will remain so for the duration of his presidency”

No one complained then.  So it's OK if a doctor predicts a Democratic president's future health, but not a Republican president's?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/06/13/us/physical-document.html?mtrref=www.nytimes.com&gwh=5CD860572FC71DCC9661B565CB22F3A1&gwt=pay

14 hours ago, keemapoot said:

And the medical miracles keep on comin'. Most 71 year old guys are on restricted diets, exercise and blood pressure and heart medicines, and still come up with less than stellar medical exams. This guy lives on Big Macs and cokes and is pronounced in very good health. 

I'm sure the medical truth about the guy's fitness is about the same as the bone spurs story.

I am not worried about his absent heel spur bone in 1976 ( A God given miracle)

I am worried that the so called ruler of the world is not only unfit to hold office due to corruption,

Also he is not fit mentally to hold any office other than a reality tv series

5 hours ago, ballpoint said:

"Don't worry, you'll remain in very good health for the foreseeable future."

Comedian Garry Shandling went to the doctor, telling him about a pain in his chest.  The doctor examined him and then told Garry pretty much the same thing.  He died week later ( pulmonary thrombosis) .

14 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Dr. Rony told us last year that Trump scored 30/30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment. And then Trump told us "nobody ever did as good" on this test. He knows all the best words.

He is a genius.

25 from 30 i am ok.

30 from 30

There the test has to be repeated.

And not with any village doctors.

12 hours ago, Kelsall said:

That's strange because the WH physician said the following about Obama in 2014, “All clinical data indicates that the president is currently healthy and that he will remain so for the duration of his presidency”

No one complained then.  So it's OK if a doctor predicts a Democratic president's future health, but not a Republican president's?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/06/13/us/physical-document.html?mtrref=www.nytimes.com&gwh=5CD860572FC71DCC9661B565CB22F3A1&gwt=pay

If that's what the WH physician said about Obama, then my comments apply to him as well, though there is a huge difference between saying "All clinical data indicates that the president is currently healthy and that he will remain so for the duration of his presidency" and saying  "I am happy to announce the President of the United States is in very good health and I anticipate he will remain so for the duration of his Presidency, and beyond” (my italics) about a 72 year old man who has not followed previous advice on healthy living.

Everyone seems concerned by his health.

Not me.

So he has a massive coronary.

The stock market plunges.

I buy up big.

A week later the stock market rebounds. 

I sell the speculative, keep the sane shares. Win for me.

Win, win for the US. Then Pence has to clean up the mess.

Easy, a presidential pardon. Then back to the same old politics as if nothing had happened. Gotta luv US politics  

Archived