High school student dies after being hit by motorcycle on Zebra Crossing outside school

rooster59

High school student dies after being hit by motorcycle on Zebra Crossing outside school

crossing.JPG

Image: Daily News

A M4 high school student who was in a coma after being hit by a motorcycle on a Zebra Crossing outside her school in Nakorn Pathm has succumbed to her injuries. 

A tearful mother told Daily News that Hataiphat Tantasirin, known as Baimon, had died yesterday afternoon. 

Mother Hareuthai had earlier gone on Channel 3 national TV's "Hone Krasae" program to talk about the case.

A motorcyclist had gone through a red light and hit her daughter as she was crossing the road outside Withayalai Naksin school. The rider refused to take responsibility for her care. 

The motorcyclist had blamed Baimon for not paying attention as she was chatting on her phone.

Hareuthai now said there would be no time for an interview - she was preparing for her teen daughter's cremation. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-09

2 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The motorcyclist had blamed Baimon for not paying attention

2 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The rider refused to take responsibility for her care.

Naughty man. 

3 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The rider refused to take responsibility for her care. 

The motorcyclist had blamed Baimon for not paying attention as she was chatting on her phone.

not a wit of responsibility; i bet he honestly doesnt think he did anything wrong, zero morals

Very sad story, and this rider’s attitude really epitomizes the attitude of many riders and drivers here. 

When I’m driving here, I’m always consious of pedestrians around me. It was how I was taught to drive. I’m the one in this big machine so I have to be super careful. Unfortunately, the attitude here for many drivers is, “I have a vehicle - get out the way!”. 

It doesn't appear to be a zebra crossing, rather a pedestrian traffic light. Whatever, the motorcycle rider (there is no mention of his speed, but he must have been going quite fast at point of impact) is in the wrong. He deserves no leniency.

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

We know fine well he's going to blame someone else

The traffic lights were confusing, the lines on the crossing were too faded, the brakes didn't work, the person was looking at their phone ............... pick one.

But it sure as hell wasn't the riders fault. Sickening and par for the course.

No mention of whether or not the deceased donated her organs.

Perhaps not the appropriate time, but Thailand has a serious shortage of organ donors. Today, hundreds of children are in need of an organ donation and will die without  it. One donor can literally save the lives of many kids.

The media should mention that one can  give the gift of life whenever they report these tragedies. Saving another life can bring some semblance of peace to the grieving family as their loved one will still help others, even in death.

How many people die on the roads because of some %§$%§$ wanting to "save" a few seconds?!? 

HE ran a red light - that's murder, JMHO. Hope the biker will do serious time as this is certainly not"an accident". ????

2 hours ago, onlycw said:

How many people die on the roads because of some %§$%§$ wanting to "save" a few seconds?!? 

HE ran a red light - that's murder, JMHO. Hope the biker will do serious time as this is certainly not"an accident". ????

'Murder' is a pre-meditated crime.  This is 'Causing Death by Dangerous Driving' but in most countries would carry a hefty custodial sentence.  However; this is Thailand, a so called Tolerant Society, so tolerant that it lets scumbags like this pay money, give a few Wai's and walk away from facing up to responsibility....shameful.

RIP the Young Lady whose life had barely begun. 

3 hours ago, z42 said:

So if he went through a red light, he should be MADE to take responsibility.

What are these useless plebs in brown for exactly. RIP to the unfortunate victim and condolences to the family 

Collecting taxes & bribes... that's all

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Did this to my daughter, I doubt the idiot would see another sunrise

yeah! I am thinking something;

akin to having him standing in front of a herd of stampeding Zebras!

This Motorcycle guy must be some kind of reprobate to kill a young girl ( whether by accident or not ) and assume the kind of attitude he has taken.

I hope the rest of his life is really bad.

RIP the young girl, and condolences to her family and friends.

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

No mention of whether or not the deceased donated her organs.

Perhaps not the appropriate time, but Thailand has a serious shortage of organ donors. Today, hundreds of children are in need of an organ donation and will die without  it. One donor can literally save the lives of many kids.

The media should mention that one can  give the gift of life whenever they report these tragedies. Saving another life can bring some semblance of peace to the grieving family as their loved one will still help others, even in death.

A noble cause sir and one that should be promoted in Thailand.

There is a school crossing with lights at the end of my soi. I never see any motorcycle stop, they all swerve around the school children and adults crossing. Absolute (deleted) a-holes.

I hope this guy gets his comeuppance soon and painfully.

2 hours ago, shady86 said:

Bikes don't stop at zebra crossing with traffic lights

This is actually a world-wide thing. I've never understood why cyclists believe that traffic laws don't apply to them, but then complain about the way they are 'threatened' by other road users.

2 hours ago, Anthony Loh said:

The problems is the local don’t know and don’t care about the zebra crossing as too many of them driving license is paid money to pass.....................is a shame to the country 

It has nothing to do with paying to pass. It has everything to do with Me First. Actually joining the dots between going through a red light or not stopping at a crossing and the possibility of someone being killed as a result is far too difficult for the average Thai to do.

Haha. Is that what a Zebra Crossing is for? Pedestrians to be able to walk safely. And are you meant to stop at red lights? Wow.

Rest In Peace little girl. Maybe your death will make a difference to the way the traffic laws are enforced in Thailand..........but, alas. I don't think so.

Many accidents has occurred at a zebra crossing by my kids school. So now there is policeman on that zebra crossing the whole day, but it doesn't seem help, the motorbikes are just like a bee swarm, beyond control. I asked why there isn't any pedestrian bridge, i was told that the street isn't wide enough??? Idiot rules more important than lives.

Archived