Mini van driver sacked after scary ride from Bangkok to Hua Hin

rooster59

Mini van driver sacked after scary ride from Bangkok to Hua Hin

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUzNC83NjczNTE0L25ld3MwMi5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

The head of the minivan rank in Hua Hin said he had sacked a driver that featured in a scary clip posted by a passenger. 

The 200 kilometer trip from Bangkok to the seaside resort had the poster suggesting the driver was high on drugs. 

Apart from highly erratic driving including wrenching the steering wheel and using the gears poorly he had talked loudly into his phone the whole way. 

The poster welcomed the action of the rank chief in sacking the driver but questioned how such people can be hired in the first place. 

If there was a proper vetting procedure the travelling public would be better served, they said. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-09

Have you noticed how the size of their gear-lever embellishment seems to match the size of their ego?  Or is it inversely proportional to the size of something else? I have taken a few rides with these maniacs who pretend to be formula one pilots.  Long curving roads at speeds enough to make the tires squeal. One tire-blowout and it would be a rollover into the ditch.  The most relaxing journey I had in a mini bus was with a mature woman driver who stuck to the speed limit and never made a scary move. 

I took one trip in a minibus, shortly after moving to Thailand, Rayong - Bangkok. The guy was obviously high, accused me of being a drunk when I realised that my emergency Chang beer, one small can, was going to get warm and drank it, swerved, overtook unnecessarily, exhibited his tendency to be a control freak at every opportunity, and convinced me that I would take a bus next time even if it involved a hotel stay. 

Since I got a car, my initial impression has been confirmed, I drive a lot.

23 hours ago, xerostar said:

Have you noticed how the size of their gear-lever embellishment seems to match the size of their ego?  Or is it inversely proportional to the size of something else? I have taken a few rides with these maniacs who pretend to be formula one pilots.  Long curving roads at speeds enough to make the tires squeal. One tire-blowout and it would be a rollover into the ditch.  The most relaxing journey I had in a mini bus was with a mature woman driver who stuck to the speed limit and never made a scary move. 

And to mention removing the drivers airbag replacing the steering wheel with a go faster one to match his gear leaver

Mmm, many drivers lack a basic understanding of gearboxes. Especially those driving in mountains. Torturing engines as a hobby?

Udon Thani to Chiang Mai. A full bus, on an overnight journey. A winding mountain road. Speeding - and the driver counting money. (Had no camera at hand back then).

When I first arrived, I saw people sitting on the roofs. Break hard and they will get thrown onto the road. Catapulted, gaining the linetic weight of elephants in some cases.

Hey, driving around with red-hot coals on meals side-car motorcycles is a brilliant idea! Have a pick-up truck getting rear-ended and the mob in the bed pelted with those red-hot coals...

I counted over 20 small kids in MHS province. The pickup driver was speeding, of course. Who needs school bbuses with seat belts?!?

I rode a big bike on the 1095 near Pai. Some moron decided to drive in my lane! 

Go home, farang. This is my country. I'm Thai and I do as I please.

Rant over.

Archived