Dual Citizenship

Having just red a new thread but not wishing to hijack that thread it has made me think there might be a change in status of children in a mixed Thai marriage.

My wife is Thai and our two girls were born in the UK in 1981 and 1984. At that time the London Thai Embassy's position was English father/  child born in UK =English-no Dual Nationality.

We have a house in Thailand (rebuild value 7,000,000 Baht) which I have always considered lost to our children (not being Thai). A couple of years ago my wife made a Thai will leaving the house to our 2 daughters but the solicitor stated they would have to sell within 6 months.

My question- Is anyone aware of retrospective Thai legislation recognizing 38/34 year olds as Thai. The solicitor consulted gave us the impression he didn't want to get involved.

Thankyou

Since 1992 when the old order was rescinded a Thai can claim their Thai nationality.

The starting point would be at the Thai embassy in London to register their birth's. Then get registered in a house book here to get a Thai ID number and then a Thai iD card and passport.

• Like 1

I was born 1986 to one German and one Thai parent and claimed my Thai nationality just last year.

First thing we did was to register my birth at the consulate. The consulate then issued a Thai birth certificate which I took to a local Amphue here in Thailand. I was added to a house register of a relative, received my 13 digit personal ID number & my Thai ID, everything within 3 hours and no troubles.

As soon as you have the Thai birth certificate for your daughters, everything else should be no problem.