"Attractive woman" nearly murdered after drug crazed husband goes crazy

rooster59

"Attractive woman" nearly murdered after drug crazed husband goes crazy

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUzNC83NjczNDAyLzEwLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

A 31 year old Thai woman has spoken to the Thai press about her relationship with her husband that ended up with her nearly dead in hospital. 

Lalita or Joy - who Sanook described as an attractive woman - married Thanaphoom four years ago and they had two children. 

But he is a habitual drug user who often beat her up when he was high claiming she was having extra marital relations. 

The latest attack was the worst yet - it was near fatal and resulted in a broken nose and other facial fractures. 

Police arrested the husband and are prosecuting him for taking drugs.

The mother of the victim and the victim are pressing the police to charge him with assault and attempted murder. 

The mother said they will take the prosecution all the way.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-09

To my dying day, I will never understand woman (or men for that matter) who put up for one second with an abusive partner.  You see it the World over and it defies explanation. Even women of independent means seem to stick with low life, no hoppers who abuse them on a regular basis.  She had two kids with this moron, why for goodness sake?  In me at least, it tends to reduce somewhat my sympathy for the person being abused.  

26 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

But it takes the woman and her family to try to press charges for assault and attempted murder. Sadly, this says a lot about Thai culture (i.e. it's just a "family matter" for which outsiders should not get involved).

I'm guessing anger control is not an issue with Thai men.  Flying into a fit of rage...whether drunk/drugged or not...seems to be the norm for many and the consequences are not severe enough to discourage this abhorrent behavior.  Past time to make the public aware that this will not be tolerated.

34 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

What about more serious charges,nearly killing his wife

or is not seen as a crime in Thailand,

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

an attractive woman - married Thanaphoom four years ago and they had two children. 

But he is a habitual drug user who often beat her up when he was high claiming she was having extra marital relations. 

Never marry a 'hottie'....

44 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

What about more serious charges,nearly killing his wife

Unless things have changed the victim (at least if foreign) needs to be hospitalized for at least 21 days in order for that to stick. If they're discharged earlier (as most are) the accused can expect little more than a fine.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

To my dying day, I will never understand woman (or men for that matter) who put up for one second with an abusive partner.  You see it the World over and it defies explanation. Even women of independent means seem to stick with low life, no hoppers who abuse them on a regular basis.  She had two kids with this moron, why for goodness sake?  In me at least, it tends to reduce somewhat my sympathy for the person being abused.  

Sometimes it's just a habit. Sometimes it's the ties that bind. Can't live with him/her, can't live without ..... .

I was in an abusive relationship (marriage) for 9 years. Hindsight being insight, I wish I had gotten out (and come to Thailand) long before I did.

So too, I imagine, does this "attractive lady" with the broken nose.

So, the authorities are essentially admitting that is is perfectly legal to beat the crap out of a woman here, without any fear of prosecution for it? He is only being charged with taking drugs? 

The bottom line is, women here are the superior gender. They basically run the country. Without them, Thailand would grind to a halt in 48 hours. They are smarter, they are more level headed, more reasonable, less susceptible to angry tirades that lead to violence, and more sane. This is where the pathological fear of women comes from here. The guys know it. They know how superior the women are. 

Law enforcement here is basically a franchise. So, do not expect law and order. It is more like catch and pay. 

this is why Thailand is considered one big joke to the rest of the world, police are too pathetic to charge an ar**hole like this with assault and lock him up. Thai law enforcement is a total joke, it simply doesnt exist as that would require the police to actually work, something they try to avoid at all costs

After 6 months living the dream here I must agree I find Thai males on the whole particularly the older ones to be ignorant, ill educated and just bloody rude and miserable whereas many females seem to be happy, content and interested and seem to be happy to try and help the dopey farang 

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

I'm guessing anger control is not an issue with Thai men.  Flying into a fit of rage...whether drunk/drugged or not...seems to be the norm for many and the consequences are not severe enough to discourage this abhorrent behavior.  Past time to make the public aware that this will not be tolerated.

50% of female murders in the world are by partners. Thailand aint special

16 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

After 6 months living the dream here I must agree I find Thai males on the whole particularly the older ones to be ignorant, ill educated and just bloody rude and miserable whereas many females seem to be happy, content and interested and seem to be happy to try and help the dopey farang 

and it only took you 6 months...stay a little longer and you will find out more surprising particularities to Thais

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

So, the authorities are essentially admitting that is is perfectly legal to beat the crap out of a woman here, without any fear of prosecution for it? He is only being charged with taking drugs? 

The bottom line is, women here are the superior gender. They basically run the country. Without them, Thailand would grind to a halt in 48 hours. They are smarter, they are more level headed, more reasonable, less susceptible to angry tirades that lead to violence, and more sane. This is where the pathological fear of women comes from here. The guys know it. They know how superior the women are. 

Law enforcement here is basically a franchise. So, do not expect law and order. It is more like catch and pay. 

Errrr; pay first and catch later...maybe !

The police in any country will always  charge the man with a crime that they can make a case on.   Battery and almost killing me are not good  charges to lead with as they require the spouse to continue to pursue it.   

Unfortunately many times the spouse will withdraw the charge due to pressure  from friends or family  or a promise that the idiot will get help and it will not happen again 

It is not just here but everywhere that cops use this system 

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Why have they blurred the husband's face out? Let the World see what a low-lie scumbag he is. 

On the bright side, now she's got the excuse to get that nose job she always wanted.

Perhaps on a "retainer"....:whistling:

1 hour ago, mickyr55 said:

After 6 months living the dream here I must agree I find Thai males on the whole particularly the older ones to be ignorant, ill educated and just bloody rude and miserable

In all honesty, what does the future hold for most of these thai males ? They'll never have a good job, they'll never be able to have enough money to do much or be able to retire with money. They see foreigners coming here and taking the attractive women and taking them to eat at restaurants they cannot afford. It's no surprise that there is a lot of miserable men about. After 30-40 you are too old for most jobs in thailand and companies bar you as you look too old.  Imagine yourself in the same boat. Happy or not ? 

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

In all honesty, what does the future hold for most of these thai males ? They'll never have a good job, they'll never be able to have enough money to do much or be able to retire with money. They see foreigners coming here and taking the attractive women and taking them to eat at restaurants they cannot afford. It's no surprise that there is a lot of miserable men about. After 30-40 you are too old for most jobs in thailand and companies bar you as you look too old.  Imagine yourself in the same boat. Happy or not ? 

I disagree with most of that...????

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Why have they blurred the husband's face out? Let the World see what a low-lie scumbag he is. 

On the bright side, now she's got the excuse to get that nose job she always wanted.

Because anyone can be accused of anything at any time. You wouldn't want your face plastered all over the news just because someone accused you of something. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrRJ9ETAOM

2 hours ago, seajae said:

this is why Thailand is considered one big joke to the rest of the world, police are too pathetic to charge an ar**hole like this with assault and lock him up. Thai law enforcement is a total joke, it simply doesnt exist as that would require the police to actually work, something they try to avoid at all costs

but you farangs all live there

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Thing is they will probably be back together when she heals up.unless he goes to jail she can expect more beating through the years.what a life she's got to look forward to stuck bringing up two kids and a junkie husband.

Archived