"Kim" has spoken - my top of the range Harley is driving me nuts!

rooster59

"Kim" has spoken - my top of the range Harley is driving me nuts!

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUzNC83NjcyOTcwLzMuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

A rich Thai man who resembles Kim Jong Un has gone to the Office of the Consumer Protection Board to complain about his new three million baht Harley Davidson that keeps breaking down.

Uthen Leuangsaengthong, 41, an advertising executive, is well known as "Rich Paknam" for dealing in amulets associated with deceased monk Phra Koon. 

But recently he has been given the nickname "Kim Thailand" for looking like the North Korean leader. 

In June he bought a top of the range Harley Davidson Road Glide (2018) motorcycle for 2,866,000 baht. He spent a further 300,000 on accessories. 

But in several trips up country not once did he get to his destination. After travelling 100 kilometers there would be the smell of burning engine oil and he had to stop. 

Friends helped him limp back to Bangkok and the vehicle was in and out of service at the dealers as they tried to find the problem. 

Finally in October the vehicle was taken in and it has been in the garage ever since - now four months. 

Mechanics are saying they are waiting for spare parts. 

"Kim" wants an exchange or to have the dealers buy back the bike - but they have refused. He is still paying installments. 

The consumer board promised to look in to the case and have an answer in 15 days.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-09

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Finally in October the vehicle was taken in and it has been in the garage ever since - now four months.

Another reminder to think first before you import a fancy high end gadget that can not be serviced/repaired properly in Thailand.

Idiot! I drove 200.000 Km on my Harley throughout Asia, and never had a problem once! I guess the secret is MAINTENANCE, and I have never seen a wealthy Thai taking care of his bike or car personally. I checked my bike every Saturday from front to end.

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Idiot! I drove 200.000 Km on my Harley throughout Asia, and never had a problem once! I guess the secret is MAINTENANCE, and I have never seen a wealthy Thai taking care of his bike or car personally. I checked my bike every Saturday from front to end.

Similar to my experience with my 1975 FXE1200. She is still running. Maintenance is an alien concept here in Thailand.

5 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Checked it into bike hospital?

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

to complain about his new three million baht Harley Davidson that keeps breaking down.

he bought a top of the range Harley Davidson Road Glide (2018) motorcycle for 2,866,000 baht. He spent a further 300,000 on accessories. 

But in several trips up country not once did he get to his destination.

After travelling 100 kilometers there would be the smell of burning engine oil and he had to stop. 

now four months. 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy:

Quality control is getting better then...........

4 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

my 1975 FXE1200. She is still running.

Nice bike.

Among other things i'm an HD mechanic, can build motors, trannys, primarys yada nada da bing.

Up to the last of the Evos. And pre rubber mount 03 Sporties.

IMHO HD has been going slowly down the pan since the beginning of the 21st century, starting with the Twin Cams, and now with the ridiculous Milwaukee 8's.

Ex 89 FXR owner (tweaked just a bit).

Anybody want an HD looked at, pre 99 i have most tools here and machine shop facilities.

A 2018 model big twin - take it your nearest dealer with a laptop babe!

If it’s a foreign company, I email the world headquarters.  It just happened the other day with a Swiss company.  I waited two weeks, and the Thai division wouldn’t tell us when they would fix it-at first it was parts, then no answer to phone calls.  I emailed them and the Swiss headquarters, and it was fixed 2 days later

7 hours ago, Redline said:

If it’s a foreign company, I email the world headquarters.  It just happened the other day with a Swiss company.  I waited two weeks, and the Thai division wouldn’t tell us when they would fix it-at first it was parts, then no answer to phone calls.  I emailed them and the Swiss headquarters, and it was fixed 2 days later

The Swiss cheese actually has holes in it though 

Archived