Oldham Athletic unofficial

ChipButty

Thought I should start a new thread before people start moaning at me

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes given green light to become Oldham manager

Paul Scholes has been given clearance by the English Football League to take charge of the League Two side. 

I think the media are going to love this if he gets it wrong given what he has said in the past about other managers

Especially Jose

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scholes-oldham-manager-man-united-15802031

Oldham Athletic's stadium to be renamed Boundary Park with immediate effect

The stadium had been called SportsDirect.com Park over the past few years due to sponsorship reasons, but the club have revealed that they will be returning to their roots

He could be unveiled after Saturday's game at Crawley Town, and faces his first night in the dugout when Oldham host Yeovil Town on Tuesday. Scholes is expected to name Mick Priest as his assistant. 

Priest, from Oldham, was an academy coach at United during Scholes’s time at Old Trafford and has previously had a spell as first-team coach at Fulham. He was also assistant manager of Israeli side Maccabi Haifa and assistant coach at Norwegian outfit IK Start. 

Jose will be watching u

Paul Scholes has Jose to thank as new Oldham boss begins managerial reign with emphatic win over Yeovil Town

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6696995/Paul-Scholes-makes-debut-dugout-Oldham-host-Yeovil-League-Two-clash.html

On Tuesday, no fewer than 43 members of the press converged Boundary Park for Scholes’s unveiling. Such was the interest that the event was moved from the compact press room under the main stand to the comparative luxury of the fans’ match day bar, which is essentially a cabin on stilts

• 1 month later...

Archived