Israeli gunfire kills Gaza teens during border protests

rooster59

Israeli gunfire kills Gaza teens during border protests

800x800 (5).jpg

Women holding Palestinian flags run away from tear gas fired by Israeli forces during a protest at the Israel-Gaza border fence, in the southern Gaza Strip February 8, 2019. REUTERS/Ibraheem Abu Mustafa

GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli troops shot dead two Palestinian teenagers including a 14-year-old boy during Gaza border protests on Friday, Palestinian health officials said.

Israel's military said it had opened fire in response to explosives and rocks hurled at the border fence.

Palestinians have been staging weekly protests since last March at the border of Gaza, an enclave controlled by the Islamist militant group Hamas. The enclave's health ministry says more than 220 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli troops at the protests. One Israeli soldier has died.

Gaza health officials said one of the youths shot dead on Friday was 18 and the other 14.

Israel says it has no choice but to use deadly force at the protests to defend the frontier from militants trying to destroy the barrier and infiltrate.

An Israeli military spokesman said troops had faced off on Friday with more than 6,000 Palestinians, some of whom threw rocks and "a number of explosive devices, which exploded on the Gaza side of the fence".

The spokesman said soldiers used riot dispersal equipment and opened fired "in accordance with standard operating procedures."

Gaza is home to 2 million Palestinians, nearly all of them the stateless descendents of people who fled or were driven out of Israel on its founding in 1948.

Israel and Egypt imposed a security blockade on the enclave after Hamas seized control of it in 2007, which the World Bank says has reduced the local economy to a state of collapse. Israel has fought three wars against Hamas in the past decade.

Palestinians say the weekly protests are led by civil society groups demanding an easing of the blockade and recognitition of their right to return to homes in Israel. Israel says militants use the demonstrations to threaten the border and provoke violence.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-02-09

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, car720 said:

and rubber bullets just won't work?

This was discussed, in detail, on past topics - in which you participated. That you bring it up again in this manner is about as expected.  But if you insist, define "work". As usual, no questions as to what leadership allows (never mind prompts) kids to partake in violent protests.

5 hours ago, tifino said:

I wonder if the Mexican/US fence turmoil will end up the same way?

Last I checked, the Mexicans weren't claiming the US as their own, nor launching rockets and such or were being led by religious zealots.

5 hours ago, maxx58 said:

The real axis of evil is the governments of the US, Israel, and Saudi Arabia!

Fake News! Haha Just joking. I couldn't agree more!

#BDS A simple choice of not purchasing things made by ISRAEL will help the cause. So I do. But I dont even think I buy anything that is made there anyway ha. Being outspoken online is more suitable for me.

The Israeli government really is nasty. They have so much influence within the U.S. it's ridiculous. AIPAC etc. Why do I say ridiculous? Because it is so bad that in some states, you may loose your job for being in support of BDS or outspoken about the occupiers.  They approved legislature for such actions.

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Any decent, caring, person should be disturbed by what is happening to the Palestinians.Everything else is BS designed to rationalise the situation.

Any decent person who is disturbed by what is happening to the Palestinians should also be disturbed even more by what is happening in Syria , Yemen , Afghanistan , Iraq , Tibet , Uryga !!!!  and numerous other places where there is conflict

10 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Fake News! Haha Just joking. I couldn't agree more!

#BDS A simple choice of not purchasing things made by ISRAEL will help the cause. So I do. But I dont even think I buy anything that is made there anyway ha. Being outspoken online is more suitable for me.

The Israeli government really is nasty. They have so much influence within the U.S. it's ridiculous. AIPAC etc. Why do I say ridiculous? Because it is so bad that in some states, you may loose your job for being in support of BDS or outspoken about the occupiers.  They approved legislature for such actions.

Have you thrown out your computer or notebook that you using? if not you should and immediately as

usb drive was developed in Israel, Intel was developed in Israel so was the LCD screen  just to name a few.

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Any decent, caring, person should be disturbed by what is happening to the Palestinians.Everything else is BS designed to rationalise the situation.

I'd say that commenting without having much clue is closer to BS, designed to make posters feel better about themselves, without investing much effort understanding the situation.

Virtue signalling is so cool.

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What is happening? They have been attacking and trying to breach the border for past year.

It was not successful yet they continue to do the same thing over and over again.

If you asked me what was happening, then i would say pure and utter stupidity.

Just now, Morch said:

I'd say that commenting without having much clue is closer to BS, designed to make posters feel better about themselves, without investing much effort understanding the situation.

Sure! I agree and wish you will all cut it out.

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

Have you thrown out your computer or notebook that you using? if not you should and immediately as

usb drive was developed in Israel, Intel was developed in Israel so was the LCD screen  just to name a few.

Dam I should throw them away your right.

Ehh I'll still keep being outspoken about it. My lack of complete devotion to  #BDS  doesn't alter or give credit for #Israel's disgusting, horrific, and extremist driven agendas. Also, the influence in my country's government!

Israel also influences college campuses too. There are reports they pay people to protest or show support for them outside at gatherings. Wow. How low can you get?

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

What is happening? They have been attacking and trying to breach the border for past year.

It was not successful yet they continue to do the same thing over and over again.

What is happening is that a bunch of Europeans and Americans who claim a two thousand year old ancestry right, and promissory note from god,  took some peoples land away and created history's largest open air concentration camp for the indigenous population. 

And the apologists engaging in all short of rationalising.

That is what is happening. 

1 minute ago, Solinvictus said:

Dam I should throw them away your right.

Ehh I'll still keep being outspoken about it. My lack of complete devotion to  #BDS  doesn't alter or give credit for #Israel's disgusting, horrific, and extremest driven agendas. Also, the influence in my country's government!

Israel also influences college campuses too. There are reports they pay people to protest or show support for them outside at gatherings. Wow. How low can you get?

You should take it more seriously and keep away from everything Israeli made or invented,

Action speak louder than words

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What is happening is that a bunch of Europeans and Americans who claim a two thousand year old ancestry right, and promissory note from god,  took some peoples land away and created history's largest open air concentration camp for the indigenous population. 

Why go back 100 years? why stop there? why not 1000 years or 3000 years?

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Any decent person who is disturbed by what is happening to the Palestinians should also be disturbed even more by what is happening in Syria , Yemen , Afghanistan , Iraq , Tibet , Uryga !!!!  and numerous other places where there is conflict

Sure

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

What is happening is that a bunch of Europeans and Americans who claim a two thousand year old ancestry right, and promissory note from god, took some peoples land away and created history's largest open air concentration camp for the indigenous population.

2 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Nah I wont. Take your cliche phrases elsewhere.

Read my post again. And again if you need to. It is in English you know.

#BDS

Ahed Tamimi, wow, what a great person in the world!

Support Palestine all the way. Jesus told me too.

Israel political.jpg

Sorry i do not speak your contradictory English.

Ironic is not it? 

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Don't know what happened there, I was replying to someone else and for some reason I replied to myself with a bunch of Â . Mods please feel free to remove this reply, I went back and successfully replied as originally intended. .

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What is happening is that a bunch of Europeans and Americans who claim a two thousand year old ancestry right, and promissory note from god, took some peoples land away and created history's largest open air concentration camp for the indigenous population.

Israeli Jews also came from Iran , Morocco , Egypt and numerous other middle Eastern Countries 

Just now, BestB said:

Sorry i do not speak your contradictory English.

Ironic is not it? 

Hey you win!  Okay.

Read my posts again. You are failing to consider the Palestinian people but rather attack me. Textbook tactics. I'm done.

Hey everyone Ireland just passed BDS legislature and recognized it officially! Dam decent of them!

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Israeli Jews also came from Iran , Morocco , Egypt and numerous other middle Eastern Countries 

To be correct, they did not really come but were forced out one way or another.

Only past few decades that many came willingly, but many are not even Jewish, just fake papers.

1 minute ago, Solinvictus said:

Hey you win!  Okay.

Read my posts again. You are failing to consider the Palestinian people but rather attack me. Textbook tactics. I'm done.

Hey everyone Ireland just passed BDS legislature and recognized it officially! Dam decent of them!

What did you want me to consider?

Parents who allow kids on front lines? in the line of fire?

Their governance of choice who only invest in weapons and tunnels to attack Israel?

They wanted Gaza back, they fought for it, they got it and what did they do the nest day? fire 10 000 rockets into Israel

So what exactly did you want me to consider?

Archived