Israeli gunfire kills Gaza teens during border protests

rooster59

On 2/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, car720 said:

If killing children is a win.

I would never put a child in my sights and I have to wonder what type of man would.  Not my type and that's for sure.

It's a propaganda win for Hamas, for sure. Which is sort of the point of having youngsters in the front lines.

What you claim you'd do or wouldn't do in a situation you've probably never faced, and unlikely to face is mere moral grandstanding.

Also, I doubt there was anything clear said about "in sights" in any of the related reports.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Morch said:

It's a propaganda win for Hamas, for sure. Which is sort of the point of having youngsters in the front lines.

What you claim you'd do or wouldn't do in a situation you've probably never faced, and unlikely to face is mere moral grandstanding.

Also, I doubt there was anything clear said about "in sights" in any of the related reports.

I wouldn’t dwell on ‘related reports, Morch.

None meet the standard of an open and transparent public inquiry.

Another day, more killings all hidden under a cloak of reports given by the people doing the killing.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Being a person of such high morals - how do your feel about a regime which not only does little to prevent minors from participating in such protests, but actively promoting such?

Ever hear of the Boy Scouts.  

Baden Powell started them for exactly the same reason.

To be able to take the place of soldiers who were needed at the front line and if necessary even there too.

As for prejudice, I believe that I will always be prejudice against injustice.

9 hours ago, Morch said:

That would be your standard issue one-sided, misleading presentation. There were, in fact, negotiations and talks which pretty much amount to the above. Whether or not they stood a realistic chance of coming through is another matter. But that aside - there wasn't a general acceptance of such terms by the Palestinians, nor are the Palestinians in the habit of initiating such offers themselves. The Palestinians aren't more ready-and-willing than the Israelis, regardless of your efforts to paint a different picture.

And whether you like it or not, Israel is an internationally recognized state. Considering you routinely object to the country having a "predominantly Jewish character", regardless of anything makes this bit bizarre.

There was, at no time, a general acceptance of this "formula" by the Palestinians, or a general rejection of it by Israelis.

"I doubt that."

"pretty much amount to the above"

"there wasn't a general acceptance"

The usual obfuscatory graywash language...just throw a few shades of gray on something which is clearly black and white.

According to the Geneva Convention people who have been ethnically cleansed have a legal right to return to their homes and a right to resist the racists who are preventing them.

Archived