BANGKOK
rooster59

Israeli gunfire kills Gaza teens during border protests

42 minutes ago, simple1 said:

One would think an IDF member shooting to death a 14 year old behind a fence must be detrimental to morale.

Have any IDF forces been injured / killed by rock throwers / IEDs at the Gaza border fence? If so why can't IDF forces move back a bit to avoid being hit by rocks and so on. Why does it have to be in your face confrontation by IDF leading to death by livefire of 14 year olds? I know these issues have been covered before, hower for me over the top use of deadly force by IDF - change the rules of engagement???

Every targeted shot that is taken by an israeli sniper has to be authorised by a captain, and no, no changing of the rules of engagements or re positioning back as your enemies will simply will advance forward and receive your repositioning as weaknees the can exploit, those protesters and the people that sends them knows very well what is awaits them and they still come, it's all a part of a bloody game to see who can last longer...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Every targeted shot that is taken by an israeli sniper has to be authorised by a captain, and no, no changing of the rules of engagements or re positioning back as your enemies will simply will advance forward and receive your repositioning as weaknees the can exploit, those protesters and the people that sends them knows very well what is awaits them and they still come, it's all a part of a bloody game to see who can last longer...

To be frank you post so much nonsense I don't read staff you post anymore

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, BestB said:

It would be helpful if you thought before you spoke . 

Putting aside completely and totally irrelevant rubbish to my response . Gaza WAS annexed and WAS given back a decade ago. Israel has no desire to take it back nor has tried to take it back . 

My thoughtful reply was based on relevance to the topic.

As now demonstrated by infighting over "fact" of historical events.

If the kippah was lifted more often the  hot heads may become more rational and less derogatory towards legitimate comment.

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Withdrew/ given back bottom line is the same 

No, it's not really the same.

The latter would apply agreement or some sort of cooperation.

If your point is that the Palestinians squandered (yet again) a chance to advance their cause, then yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

To be frank you post so much nonsense I don't read staff you post anymore

Well, 'er, apparently you do.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

My thoughtful reply was based on relevance to the topic.

As now demonstrated by infighting over "fact" of historical events.

If the kippah was lifted more often the  hot heads may become more rational and less derogatory towards legitimate comment.

Your "thoughtful" comment ignored the fact that the issue was raised by another poster - and that much of the back and forth originated from that. No objections on your part to the issue being introduced, only when it's replied to. The usual fare.

Same goes for your complaints regarding "discussion" of "historical events" - you only object to some posters or some points of view bringing this up.

And, of course, it is only supposed practicing Jews participating in this discussion which are abusive to others.

Here's for better trolling.

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Well, 'er, apparently you do.

Nope, the name is sufficient

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

One would think an IDF member shooting to death a 14 year old behind a fence must be detrimental to morale.

Have any IDF forces been injured / killed by rock throwers / IEDs at the Gaza border fence? If so why can't IDF forces move back a bit to avoid being hit by rocks and so on. Why does it have to be in your face confrontation by IDF leading to death by livefire of 14 year olds? I know these issues have been covered before, hower for me over the top use of deadly force by IDF - change the rules of engagement???

I think that, in general, many of the tasks related to maintaining the occupation, or dealing with the Palestinians have a long term negative effect on IDF morale (and by extension Israeli society). That said, the way you put it loaded - highlighting the age, rather than actions.

There were injuries, for certain. Most related to IED or shots fired. Recently an IDF officer was shot by a Palestinian sniper, for example. Deaths? One, again from sniper fire.

Not quite sure what you're on about regarding "move back" - do you somehow imagine that the Palestinians would not move forward? They come up pretty close as it is. The in-your-face element is something the Palestinians are initiating, not the other way around. Don't see you, and others, wonder about that much.

The use of deadly force can be seen as over the top. As to whether there arerealistic better means/ways of dealing with the situation, yet to see much by way of informed comments on these topics. Sometimes there are no good answers or solutions. It is noted, once more, that no reservations or objections are aired regarding the presence of a 14yo in such circumstances.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sirineou said:

Sure! I agree and wish you will all cut it out.

If that's the best comeback you got, you'll have to do better, son.

17 hours ago, SheungWan said:

You mean in response to rubber explosives?

In this situation I do.

• Haha 2