Chinese tourists injured as Phuket van hits power pole

rooster59

Chinese tourists injured as Phuket van hits power pole 

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1549681281_1-org.jpg

The force of the accident snapped the power pole in two. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A passenger van carrying five Chinese tourists struck a roadside power pole in Muk Dok Khao, north of Thalang Town, this morning (Feb 9).

The van was carrying two males and three females when the accident happened on the “old airport road”, Route 4031, in Muk Dok Khao, in Moo 8, Tambon Thepkrasattri, north of Thalang Town, at about 5:30am.

The force of the impact broke the power pole into two.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourists-injured-as-phuket-van-hits-power-pole-70335.php#3KRLvSsu3dVXUSMQ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-02-09

what's wrong with the Thais, can't they pick somebody else to injure or have accidents with.... it's always the Chinese, (I know there are 1.4 billion of them) if T.A.T doesn't want them I am sure there are other ways to get rid of them 555

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

what's wrong with the Thais, can't they pick somebody else to injure or have accidents with.... it's always the Chinese, (I know there are 1.4 billion of them) if T.A.T doesn't want them I am sure there are other ways to get rid of them 555

From what I've read, the Poles have been suffering as well! ????

4 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I see elsewhere that there is a hysterical post about this being the end of tourism in Thailand, lol.

Yep- 3 people injured and the net effect is millions of people will boycott the place!

"3 people injured and the net effect is millions of people will boycott the place!" - well, how many Chinese do you think have to be killed here, before they really do boycott the place?

The boat tragedy saw a drop of in Chinese tourists. 

When you say, "boycott the place" that does not necessarily mean Thailand, it could simply mean Phuket, for the Chinese. 

They are very superstitious people.  It would only take something to go "viral" in China proclaiming Phuket is "unlucky" for Chinese people and Chinese tourist numbers would fall off a cliff here. 

8 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I didn't realize TAT was so clever as to lure them into country and then try to knock them off one by one.

15 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

They are very superstitious people.  It would only take something to go "viral" in China proclaiming Phuket is "unlucky" for Chinese people and Chinese tourist numbers would fall off a cliff here. 

Namkangman.........Please do not give the locals ideas,,,,,they are doing quite well with the boats and minivans as it is. :sorry:

9 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Namkangman.........Please do not give the locals ideas,,,,,they are doing quite well with the boats and minivans as it is. :sorry:

For decades here, they have just carried on as if the people will continue to come here, despite the scams, lack of transport, crumbling infrastructure, polluted beach water etc etc etc.

Slowly, but surely, Phuket lost a huge portion of the western market, and filled it with package holiday Chinese and Russians. 

The Russian market took a dive after the sanctions were placed on Russia, for the invasion of Ukraine, but they are back now, for how long, who knows, because the Russian economy is not great. 

If Phuket was to lose the Chinese market, picture Phuket's tourism industry, post tsunami, but without the tsunami. 

##Queue the members that will post that they wish it would happen, but having considered the consequences for themselves, if it did happen.##

Archived