Socio economic standards?

indepth

Don't understand your post really depends where you live and who you associate with..

I've been all over Thailand drinking beer with poor, working class and a few rich alike they were all happy in their own way.

You don't need money be happy IMO you either have it or you don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, indepth said:

It helps, Ive gone from having a few thousand  in the bank, to being a billionaire to a millionaire. Admittedly, where I was living influenced my finances. Oz, Indo then LOS. 

????????????????????

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Years ago I was a billionaire in Italy on Holiday once.

Everyone in Pattaya is a billionaire

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

And enjoys drinking Chang whilst sitting on the dunny. How sad is that?

Very. He was a billionaire once. Now he is nothing but a millionaire, living in a 30,000 baht condo

7 hours ago, indepth said:

Money doesn't buy happiness,

yes it does. 

7 hours ago, indepth said:

The people I meet here in the bar, restaurant, have a completely different attitude.

of course. i have lived with the .01% uber rich and they are completely different. that is why i shake my head when i read some of the class warfare comments here on TV. So many people have no idea how the other half lives.

"Why does she need (or how could she have) more than one passport?" (because you get a passport when you put a million bucks or less in some banks in some countries. How can you not know that?)

"Thai Visa Elite makes no sense at all. You are a idiot to waist that money" (obviously never flown on a private jet like i have where you wait for nothing. Believe me you have zero patience for public airports.

"You are really stupid to waist 800,000 baht in a Thai bank" Just look at the pages of angst going on here at TV. 

One of my favorites. "I find the people who talk about having money actually have none." 

and people with money can spot others with money in public and they are attracted to each other. I came to Hun Hin not knowing anyone. My first male Swiss friend I met in a bar said hello to me and said "You are different person than I see here. I like your shirt. Where did you buy it?' I said "Malibu California" And we had both been in the store and my shirt cost $250 and he knew it.  (the fact that my girlfriend at the time gave me the shirt is besides the point and yes she had 10 million dollars.)  And of course Swiss man has millions of dollars and we had a lot in common to talk about. And he is very happy all the time. Now I have three friends I met at random and they are all high worth individuals. It is not a coincidence.   

And the thing that really makes me crazy are people who want to own being poor and wear it like a badge of honor, instead of just making a effort to break from in their appearance and behavior. It is totally self defeating.  Especially in Thailand. 

I have preached for years on TV about how easy everything is for me with immigration and Thai banks. Why? because they look at me and realized I am a HiSo. Thai are very class and status aware.

Some of you still don't get it. I have pointed this out. There are three classes of retirement visas in Thailand. Why ? Because that is how Thais think. 

First class. Thai Visa Elite.

Second class. 800K baht in the bank year round.

Third class. Income statements and mixed income and savings. and the third class are the one the Thais love to F with. Agents, jump up and down, pat your head and rub your stomach.      

And i did not get into the smart thing. OK. Please don't hate me.

I am going back to checking my budget for last month. I am trying to live on just my social security alone.  

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I have preached for years on TV about how easy everything is for me with immigration and Thai banks. Why? because they look at me and realized I am a HiSo. Thai are very class and status aware.

Some of you still don't get it. I have pointed this out. There are three classes of retirement visas in Thailand. Why ? Because that is how Thais think. 

First class. Thai Visa Elite.

Second class. 800K baht in the bank year round.

Third class. Income statements and mixed income and savings. and the third class are the one the Thais love to F with. Agents, jump up and down, pat your head and rub your stomach.      

And i did not get into the smart thing. OK. Please don't hate me.

I am going back to checking my budget for last month. I am trying to live on just my social security alone.  

No dude, there are actually classes within those 3 classes wherein Americans are First Class. A First Class Third Class Visa for example.

Thais believe all Americans are rich. America is a place where the highest of the HISos go to get educated. And park their cash. 

And even if you arent rich, if you are American, they think you are. And life becomes a lot easier. Especially when you dress nice and act, well like a classy rich guy...

As for me, other than paying for the Doctors, W*f is there to spend money on here. I can live on my SS alone. Its more fun to stay here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

but experience tells me you're going to get a better quality of foreigner in a condo where the average rent per month is 30,000 baht than you will in a building where it's 7,000 baht

Unless you are smart and find a condo building full of Thais ????

Then you get to pay less and not be around any class of foreigner.

I dont think there are more than 5 foreigners here in my two 27 story towers. One of the nicest places I have ever lived in, quiet wise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Theres an Idea. A Pattaya Only Visa. Must show Toasted Cheese n Ham Bills from 7/11 and Pre Paid Room for 3 months not exceeding 200 Bht per night.emoji481.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 months, dont be ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, indepth said:

3 months, dont be ridiculous. 

I thought Eurotrash had to return after 3 Months to get their  Doctors "bad back note" so as to claim state benefit.! There are some nice folk there but outnumbered by Baldy Chang Vested Mongers.