Taco Bell

mogandave

In the event you want to “Make a run for the boarder” the new Taco Bell is open, and if you liked it in the US you’ll like it better here, although they do not seem to offer beef.

Long line, but the wife an son loved it.

Right off the Chidlom BTS station directly across Suk from Central, ground floor outside corner.

IMG_3425.JPG

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

So you did get offended. Just curious about what hit you the hardest, the non-cooking wife or the city?

Condescending a-holes don't offend me.

What draws you to the Bangkok forum, too much excitement out in the village?

So you did get offended. Just curious about what hit you the hardest, the non-cooking wife or the city?

I cook, my wife cooks and my 15 year-old boy cooks.

I’ve only lived in Bangkok a year, before that I lived out in the sticks for 17 years.

Bangkok is better...

I don't cook. I like Texas Chicken. Much better than KFC.  

Their Mexicana Wrap is indeed delicious and I always get the extra mash or coleslaw for 10b. Total comes to 151b for 4 items which is indeed a good value considering you can get unlimited ice tea with your order.

How much will Taco set me up? 

Disclaimer. I really hate Taco Bell. I think it's the worst Mexican food ever and infact prefer sunrise tacos. 

Are you saying TB in Thailand is better? Unlikely, but I am ready to give it a shot.

Their Mexicana Wrap is indeed delicious and I always get the extra mash or coleslaw for 10b. Total comes to 151b for 4 items which is indeed a good value considering you can get unlimited ice tea with your order.

Disclaimer. I really hate Taco Bell. I think it's the worst Mexican food ever and infact prefer sunrise tacos. 

Are you saying TB in Thailand is better? Unlikely, but I am ready to give it a shot.

Not a fan of Sunrise or TB, but “Crunch Wrap Supreme” was tasty and pretty substantial. 119 single or 169 combo.

I hated McDonald’s before moving to Thailand, but the longer I’m here, the better I like it. I would expect Taco Smells to be similar....

We visit California every year, and my wife loves Mexican food. Were it not for her, I would not have waited in line...

Well funny you should mention this. Because I, starvation diet and all, decided that I needed a treat! No heart problems going to slow me down! So here was my Friday night when you cant drink!

Step one: Bathe and Groom Carefully.

step two: Bake

step three: Cab to TB

Step 4: Find dark alley, rebake

Step 5: Smiling aimlessly, step into Taco Bell, arms akimbo

Step 6: Smiling aimlessly, approach the Counter and screech HAPPY 420, gimme a Crunchwrap. Explain to confused girl not to worry about the 420.

Step 7: Gobble Crunchwrap. Nomnomnomnom, tastes like a... USA Crunchwrap when you are baked! Fabulous!

Step 8: Burp, pick beans out of beard, find alley, rebake.

Step 9: Go to Mixx, Choose Russian girl, etc

35 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Stop calling Taco Bell "Mexican". It's American and calling it in any way Mexican is an insult to Mexico.

Stop calling yourself Thainess. You're not Thai, and calling yourself in any way Thai is an insult to Thailand.

Stopped eating at TB in U.S. many years ago after getting sick twice, at two different locations.  A shame, because I loved their Meximelts.  420-friendly indeed!  But I'm willing to give it a shot here; though there's no way I'm waiting in a line like the one in the photo just for Taco Bell.  For late-night Mexican munchies, you're mucho mucho better off at the taco/burrito stand directly across the street from Nana Plaza on Soi 4.  Curious - is the new TB open 24 hours?  I live out near The Street Mall on Ratachada in Huai Khwang, where nearly all the fast food, cafes, and casual dining are open 24 hours.  Tace Bell would make a killing if they opened a location there.

7 minutes ago, Rael007 said:

For late-night Mexican munchies, you're mucho mucho better off at the taco/burrito stand directly across the street from Nana Plaza on Soi 4. 

Sophisticated Bangkokian folks dont eat there. You must be from Huay Kwang.

I eat off the street everywhere in Thailand except in Lower Sukh.

On 2/9/2019 at 5:52 PM, Nyezhov said:

Well funny you should mention this. Because I, starvation diet and all, decided that I needed a treat! No heart problems going to slow me down! So here was my Friday night when you cant drink!

Step one: Bathe and Groom Carefully.

step two: Bake

step three: Cab to TB

Step 4: Find dark alley, rebake

Step 5: Smiling aimlessly, step into Taco Bell, arms akimbo

Step 6: Smiling aimlessly, approach the Counter and screech HAPPY 420, gimme a Crunchwrap. Explain to confused girl not to worry about the 420.

Step 7: Gobble Crunchwrap. Nomnomnomnom, tastes like a... USA Crunchwrap when you are baked! Fabulous!

Step 8: Burp, pick beans out of beard, find alley, rebake.

Step 9: Go to Mixx, Choose Russian girl, etc

So.

Explain to an Englishman please;

What's 420 or Happy 420?

And what's bake or rebake?

Thanx in advance.

15 hours ago, fforest1 said:

No Beef no Beans no Taco Bell.....No thanks......

The power of social media:

franchise owner Chalermchai “Kueng” Mahagitsiri promised to put meat back on the menu after the firm finds a suitable source. It was a reversal for the company, which had insisted beef was excluded from its first Bangkok store after “extensive market research.”

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/food/2019/01/29/cowed-by-social-media-bangkok-taco-bell-to-add-beef/

6 minutes ago, LALes said:

Extensive market research in Thailand means don't consult any farangs when considering 

opening a farang food enterprise.  Brilliant, as usual.  Where's the beef!!!

Anyone wanting to build a fast-food franchise in Thailand would be a fool to depend on the expat trade.

Taco Bell was full of Thais, not expats.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, Pravda said:

A new Texas Chicken opened near me, and I'm not too impressed. I do like the wraps and the chicken sandwich was pretty good. I thought their chicken was bland and pretty dry, at least at the branch near me. What I do like, are the biscuits. If you don't a little honey brushed on the top, the rest of the biscuit was excellent. A little crunchy on the outside and good and moist on the inside, priced 6 for 89 Baht, a decent value. I take them home and put them in the freezer. Btw, outside the US, Texas Chicken is what is known as Church's Fried Chicken in the states. 

35 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Anyone wanting to build a fast-food franchise in Thailand would be a fool to depend on the expat trade.

Taco Bell was full of Thais, not expats.

When McDonalds opened in Thailand did they reinvent the wheel? No they just added a few Thai food items....

Even Sunrise Taco offers Beef and Beans and they are tiny...

Hell any one can down load a Taco Bell menu from the USA..

So they dont know how to do a google search for a Taco Bell menu?

For F sake man do it right or dont do it at all....  

On 2/9/2019 at 2:57 PM, Pravda said:

What a thread.

My review of Texas Chicken coming soon.

A new Texas Chicken opened at Ayutthaya Park Centre diagonally opposite KFC. It used to be a McDonalds site. so instead of a hamburger joint we now have two chicken places. My visits to McDonalds were about 3-4 times a year but trying to find any sort of hamburger [not chicken] in Ayutthaya now is a pipe dream.

40 minutes ago, gjoo888 said:

A new Texas Chicken opened near me, and I'm not too impressed. I do like the wraps and the chicken sandwich was pretty good. I thought their chicken was bland and pretty dry, at least at the branch near me. What I do like, are the biscuits. If you don't a little honey brushed on the top, the rest of the biscuit was excellent. A little crunchy on the outside and good and moist on the inside, priced 6 for 89 Baht, a decent value. I take them home and put them in the freezer. Btw, outside the US, Texas Chicken is what is known as Church's Fried Chicken in the states. 

Yeah, the biscuits are the bomb. Been a while since I've been there but I remember the coleslaw being good as well. 

Archived