BANGKOK 26 April 2019 09:17

3 hours ago, ricklev said:

Local black beans:. Soak overnight  or all day and cook in a slow cooker on low for 12 hours or so with chili, gaarlic, cumin and salt.  Perfect every time but I admit I don't refrito them.  

And of course, those with a Villa Market or Foodland in the vicinity can buy the 1 lbs bags of dry pinto beans imported from the U.S. that they've both stocked as a standard item for many years.

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

Taco Bell is not really known for the beef, beans perhaps, but not beef, that’s just silly.

I'd argue beef and beans together are core ingredients in the Taco Bell menu in the U.S., in all their various menu variations. Far more than the Taco Thailand notion here of ground chicken tacos and pulled pork.

In the U.S., from my past Taco Bell days, it's bean burritos, ground beef tacos, burritos with ground beef and various other fillings, etc etc....  I can't remember ever ordering a ground chicken taco at Taco Bell U.S.

When I wanted vegetarian, their 7-layer burrito also was a favorite, being beans, rice, cheeses, veggies and sauces by default. It also tended to be one of the healthier choices on their menu.  Another menu choice that's conspicuously missing from the offerings here at Taco Thailand.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

Taco Bell is not really known for the beef, beans perhaps, but not beef, that’s just silly.

Silly me. 💫

taco bell meme.jpg

And of course, those with a Villa Market or Foodland in the vicinity can buy the 1 lbs bags of dry pinto beans imported from the U.S. that they've both stocked as a standard item for many years.

Do you really think Taco Bell makes re-fried beans from dry pintos? Hilarious

I'd argue beef and beans together are core ingredients in the Taco Bell menu in the U.S., in all their various menu variations. Far more than the Taco Thailand notion here of ground chicken tacos and pulled pork.

In the U.S., from my past Taco Bell days, it's bean burritos, ground beef tacos, burritos with ground beef and various other fillings, etc etc....  I can't remember ever ordering a ground chicken taco at Taco Bell U.S.

When I wanted vegetarian, their 7-layer burrito also was a favorite, being beans, rice, cheeses, veggies and sauces by default. It also tended to be one of the healthier choices on their menu.  Another menu choice that's conspicuously missing from the offerings here at Taco Thailand.

I agree that beef is a core ingredient to their US product offering, but claiming Taco Bell is “Known” for their beef?

Lard is a core ingredient as well, are they known for that?
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So what....

They seem to have no problem importing cheese from America...

Hey

Just throw in a ton of refried beans in the shipping container with the cheese and your good to go.......

Shipping container cost are cheap.....

Yes, Taco Bell is known for its beef in much the same way that McDonald's is known for its bread.

So what....
They seem to have no problem importing cheese from America...
Hey
Just throw in a ton of refried beans in the shipping container with the cheese and your good to go.......
Shipping container cost are cheap.....

I agree completely. I think they should offer beef and beans. I think importing canned refried beans would be easy . Actually, I think canned refried beans and tortillas are available at Macro.

My comment was in response to the suggestion that Taco Bell buy dry pintos from Villa Market and (apparently) process them on site. Do you not see the humor in that?

30 minutes ago, mogandave said:

That exchange was about making your own refried beans here, and the local availability or not of said beans. It wasn't about how Taco Bell makes their frijoles. Read before posting.

2131799880_2019-02-1513_05_45.jpg.c6c0d8721f75e846ebed0a00c124d15d.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 2/10/2019 at 5:29 PM, fforest1 said:

No Beef no Beans no Taco Bell.....No thanks......

About the same as KFC and no biscuits.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

My comment was in response to the suggestion that Taco Bell buy dry pintos from Villa Market and (apparently) process them on site. Do you not see the humor in that?

And as I pointed out above, you're obviously suffering from severe reading comprehension problems... Hilarious!!!

That exchange was about making your own refried beans here, and the local availability or not of said beans. It wasn't about how Taco Bell makes their frijoles. Read before posting.

2131799880_2019-02-1513_05_45.jpg.c6c0d8721f75e846ebed0a00c124d15d.jpg

Why would I want to make my own refried beans here when I could just buy La Victoria at Macro?

And as I pointed out above, you're obviously suffering from severe reading comprehension problems... Hilarious!!!

Yes, and we all know TV members are “known” for their reading comprehension skills, it’s one of the core disciplines required here.

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Why would I want to make my own refried beans here when I could just buy La Victoria at Macro?

What you do is up to you...

But like Rick, I also make my own version of refried beans at home... Because...

By doing homemade, I can make a healthier version that I prefer that doesn't have all the high salt levels and/or high fat levels that the canned refried beans here tend to have.

I like my own style better.

What you do is up to you...

But like Rick, I also make my own version of refried beans at home... Because...

By doing homemade, I can make a healthier version that I prefer that doesn't have all the high salt levels and/or high fat levels that the canned refried beans here tend to have.

I like my own style better.

Maybe you could get a job at Taco Bell.

(Just kidding)

I like pintos better before they’re refried.