BANGKOK 22 March 2019 21:56

BTW, from what I'm seeing, Taco Bell U.S. does NOT use canned frijoles for their product. Instead, they appear to use a bagged version of dehydrated pinto beans that they then "cook" at their shops....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, from what I'm seeing, Taco Bell U.S. does NOT use canned frijoles for their product. Instead, they appear to use a bagged version of dehydrated pinto beans that they then "cook" at their shops....

Assuming that's true, it would cut way down or freight and waste.

I wouldn't be surprised if the beef were powdered as well....

Forget the beans....Beans is a dirty word at Taco Thailand....

Edited by fforest1

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

b.b.but...if it's true that TB frijoles come dried in a bag and are reconstituted on site then why aren't they available in Thailand? easy enough to ship over a few containers and provide instructions in the local language...no need fer a local supplier...

there's no excuse not to have beans, smells like a local fascist/nationalist conspiracy to subvert wholesome american fast food cuisine in the name of preserving local values...

meanwhile downtown some large dudes with automatic weapons, ski masks and sweatshirts emblazoned with 'FLF (Falang Liberation Front 'we've had enough!')' burst in upon the TB premises and shout in broken thai language 'restore the beef and beans or face the consequences!' and then shoot up the illustrated menu behind the counter...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Perhaps Taco Bell needs to re-purpose their latest "find the missing nacho fries" TV commercial to be a "find the missing beef and beans" commercial.....  Just a bit of video editing would do the trick!!!

136518748_2019-02-1603_03_25.jpg.0494629c1c0778e2490629cfa3ba64b1.jpg

1301378553_2019-02-1603_11_52.jpg.dd546984e983ac7dd1213f16978172e3.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Perhaps Taco Bell needs to re-purpose their latest "find the missing nacho fries" TV commercial to be a "find the missing beef and beans" commercial.....  Just a bit of video editing would do the trick!!!

136518748_2019-02-1603_03_25.jpg.0494629c1c0778e2490629cfa3ba64b1.jpg

1301378553_2019-02-1603_11_52.jpg.dd546984e983ac7dd1213f16978172e3.jpg

Yes, Taco Bell is known for their French Fries....

The nacho fries are pretty good. But I thought they were just a Bangkok specific product. I didn’t realize they sold them in the US as well.

This thread is like being on one of those petulant teenagers forums "I'm soooo over <insert mobile phone brand name here>!  They changed the colour of the contacts icon!  That's it, I'm changing to <insert different mobile phone brand here>! 

You survived without Taco Bell for however long you've been here, you'll continue to survive with Taco Bell minus beef and beans for however long you remain.  Get over it.

6 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

This thread is like being on one of those petulant teenagers forums "I'm soooo over <insert mobile phone brand name here>!  They changed the colour of the contacts icon!  That's it, I'm changing to <insert different mobile phone brand here>! 

You survived without Taco Bell for however long you've been here, you'll continue to survive with Taco Bell minus beef and beans for however long you remain.  Get over it.

What's wrong with a little friendly banter? Much more fun than going on and on about how stupid tRump is or (worse) the horrors of Brexit.

So what phone did you end up going with when they changed the color (colour?)  of your contacts icon?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

You survived without Taco Bell for however long you've been here, you'll continue to survive with Taco Bell minus bee and beans for however long you remain.  Get over it.

When Taco bell goes out of business in Thailand they can say so we dont  serve beef and beans get over it.....Just because were one of the very very few Taco Bells in the world that does not serve beef and beans thats your problem..... 

Taco Bell can then resell the franchise and and the next franchise owner can make bank with beef and beans...

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Also people have waited a loooooooong time for Taco Bell to open in Thailand only to be served Fake-O-Bell...

They deserve every drop of bad press , scorn ,bad vibes from social media they get.....

And you know what? Its not going to stop ever until #1 they serve Beef and Beans....Or .#2 They file for bankruptcy..... 

Also people have waited a loooooooong time for Taco Bell to open in Thailand only to be served Fake-O-Bell...
They deserve every drop of bad press , scorn ,bad vibes from social media they get.....
And you know what? Its not going to stop ever until #1 they serve Beef and Beans....Or .#2 They file for bankruptcy..... 

Yes, all that bad press is killing them...

IMG_3425.JPG

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, all that bad press is killing them...

IMG_3425.JPG

Get back to us in 6 months....

Get back to us in 6 months....

Okay, how long do you think they’ll be open?

Do you want to bet?

42 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Okay, how long do you think they’ll be open?

Do you want to bet?

They will be open for a loooooong time if they serve Beef and Beans...lol

Edited by fforest1