Taco Bell

mogandave

30 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

When McDonalds opened in Thailand did they reinvent the wheel? No they just added a few Thai food items....

Even Sunrise Taco offers Beef and Beans and they are tiny...

Hell any one can down load a Taco Bell menu from the USA..

So they dont know how to do a google search for a Taco Bell menu?

For F sake man do it right or dont do it at all....  

And McDonald's grew painfully slow until they added a slew of other market specific items.

That said, McDonald's does continue to offer their core products here, which (apparently) Taco Bell has not.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

So.

Explain to an Englishman please;

What's 420 or Happy 420?

And what's bake or rebake?

Thanx in advance.

Both "420" and "bake" refer to the odd act of taking the leaves and, preferably, buds, of a certain plant, rolling them in paper, setting light to the resultant cylinder and inhaling through it, presumably to help filter out the Bangkok smog.  

(I hadn't heard the term "bake" used since I was at university back in NZ, and had an exchange student from Wisconsin in several of my classes.  He was always going on about getting hold of some bakeables so he could get baked.  And was usually successful in his goal.)  

Image result for happy 420

And, this is apparently the story behind 420:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/20/420-meaning-the-true-stor_n_543854.html

18 hours ago, fforest1 said:

No Beef no Beans no Taco Bell.....No thanks......

Ditto... No beef, no beans, no sale...

As long as their menu remains as is, they won't be getting my business and they aren't a real Taco Bell in my book.

BTW, if you read Taco Thailand's Facebook page, there are as many or more Thais complaining about the lack of beef and beans on the menu as there are farangs doing so.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ditto... No beef, no beans, no sale...

As long as their menu remains as is, they won't be getting my business and they aren't a real Taco Bell in my book.

Not being a "real" Taco Bell I see as a plus...

29 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

I reckon nationality is not the issue, it's your age. 

No, believe me, it's nationality.

I've been in and around weed, hash, and all the other good stuff all my adult life.

The "bake" word i have never, ever come across.

The 420 thing, now somebody mentions it, i have a vague recollection of reading about it somewhere.

But as a Brit, nah we never used either of those terms.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Anyone wanting to build a fast-food franchise in Thailand would be a fool to depend on the expat trade.

Taco Bell was full of Thais, not expats.

McDonald's in Thailand sells pork burgers for Thai that don't eat beef, McD's in Germany serves rabbit but all McD's have the core US menu with native dishes added for their local patrons.  Taco Bell should do the same.

5 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

No, believe me, it's nationality.

I've been in and around weed, hash, and all the other good stuff all my adult life.

The "bake" word i have never, ever come across.

The 420 thing, now somebody mentions it, i have a vague recollection of reading about it somewhere.

But as a Brit, nah we never used either of those terms.

Yeah, I don't think it's age.  I'm no spring chicken, but neither am I a gnarly rooster.  As I said earlier, I only heard "bake" from an American in the mid 80's, and hadn't before, and haven't since then (until this thread).  And 420 apparently began in 1971, and was popularised by the Grateful Dead, but I had to look it up.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think most people here, Thais including, were hoping for the real, authentic thing -- not a fake imposter selling an amputated menu.

Most people go to Sizzler expecting to get a decent steak as well...

That Taco Bell does not offer beef is disappointing, but I don't see that as a good reason to not trade with them as long as they have something I enjoy. 

7-11 does not sell Budweiser here or charge $2 a bottle for water, but I still trade with them.

3 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

McDonald's in Thailand sells pork burgers for Thai that don't eat beef, McD's in Germany serves rabbit but all McD's have the core US menu with native dishes added for their local patrons.  Taco Bell should do the same.

McDonald's in India does not sell beef.

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I give up, why?

Because a bloody hamburger as in BEEF...Is in their core menu......Hell you would be very hard pressed to find ANY other Mexican food restaurant in the world that did not serve BEANS........How about Pizza Hut not serving Pizza...Or KFC not serving chicken....

They can just take their multi million dollar Taco Bell franchise and throw it in the garbage now because thats where it will end up with out BEEF and BEANS....

Because a bloody hamburger as in BEEF...Is in their core menu......Hell you would be very hard pressed to find ANY other Mexican food restaurant in the world that did not serve BEANS........How about Pizza Hut not serving Pizza...Or KFC not serving chicken....
They can just take their multi million dollar Taco Bell franchise and throw it in the garbage now because thats where it will end up with out BEEF and BEANS....

He was asking about McDonald’s in India, not Taco Bell in Thailand.

McDonald’s does not serve beef in India.

14 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I like Carl's and plan to go there tomorrow  for the B175 special.     Will probably go to their lower Sukhumvit branch which I think is on the corner of Soi 3?

At the shopping center on Nana an Suk, yes?

THe one one Soi 22 is nice as well.

What is the special?

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Most people go to Sizzler expecting to get a decent steak as well...

That Taco Bell does not offer beef is disappointing, but I don't see that as a good reason to not trade with them as long as they have something I enjoy. 

7-11 does not sell Budweiser here or charge $2 a bottle for water,  but I still trade with them.

490 ml cans of Budweiser are 58 THB at some 711.

Thais in general are not big beef eaters. I was told when I arrived in 93 that it was because they equated eating beef to eating the water buffalo.  Something not done as the animal helped with farming the fields. Could be total b.s. As for beans, Thai's consider them to be a desert. Took my Thai Gf awhile being in Mexico to develop a taster for them. Now she eats them for breakfast . 

Archived