BANGKOK

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think most people here, Thais including, were hoping for the real, authentic thing -- not a fake imposter selling an amputated menu.

Most people go to Sizzler expecting to get a decent steak as well...

That Taco Bell does not offer beef is disappointing, but I don't see that as a good reason to not trade with them as long as they have something I enjoy. 

7-11 does not sell Budweiser here or charge $2 a bottle for water, but I still trade with them.

3 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

McDonald's in Thailand sells pork burgers for Thai that don't eat beef, McD's in Germany serves rabbit but all McD's have the core US menu with native dishes added for their local patrons.  Taco Bell should do the same.

McDonald's in India does not sell beef.

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

McDonald's in India does not sell beef.

There is one restaurant in India 100% vegetarian (or maybe vegan). Why bother to call it Mc Donald’s?

8 minutes ago, Hupaponics said:

There is one restaurant in India 100% vegetarian (or maybe vegan). Why bother to call it Mc Donald’s?

I give up, why?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I give up, why?

Because a bloody hamburger as in BEEF...Is in their core menu......Hell you would be very hard pressed to find ANY other Mexican food restaurant in the world that did not serve BEANS........How about Pizza Hut not serving Pizza...Or KFC not serving chicken....

They can just take their multi million dollar Taco Bell franchise and throw it in the garbage now because thats where it will end up with out BEEF and BEANS....

• Like 1

Because a bloody hamburger as in BEEF...Is in their core menu......Hell you would be very hard pressed to find ANY other Mexican food restaurant in the world that did not serve BEANS........How about Pizza Hut not serving Pizza...Or KFC not serving chicken....
They can just take their multi million dollar Taco Bell franchise and throw it in the garbage now because thats where it will end up with out BEEF and BEANS....

He was asking about McDonald’s in India, not Taco Bell in Thailand.

McDonald’s does not serve beef in India.

I like Carl's and plan to go there tomorrow  for the B175 special.     Will probably go to their lower Sukhumvit branch which I think is on the corner of Soi 3?

14 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I like Carl's and plan to go there tomorrow  for the B175 special.     Will probably go to their lower Sukhumvit branch which I think is on the corner of Soi 3?

At the shopping center on Nana an Suk, yes?

THe one one Soi 22 is nice as well.

What is the special?

• Like 1

I think it is a double cheesburger, fries and drink.

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

That Taco Bell does not offer beef is disappointing, but I don't see that as a good reason to not trade with them as long as they have something I enjoy. 

7-11 does not sell Budweiser here or charge $2 a bottle for water,  but I still trade with them.

490 ml cans of Budweiser are 58 THB at some 711.

Thais in general are not big beef eaters. I was told when I arrived in 93 that it was because they equated eating beef to eating the water buffalo.  Something not done as the animal helped with farming the fields. Could be total b.s. As for beans, Thai's consider them to be a desert. Took my Thai Gf awhile being in Mexico to develop a taster for them. Now she eats them for breakfast . 

I think Thais don't eat beef becaue the beef in Thailand is crap. No shortage of Thais in McD's and Sizzler...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, moontang said:

490 ml cans of Budweiser are 58 THB at some 711.

Corona then

17 hours ago, fforest1 said:

How about Pizza Hut not serving Pizza...Or KFC not serving chicken....

The pizza huts in Malaysia do not serve anything which I would call "pizza".

Edited by pr9spk

20 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

That cannot be true. Maybe you mean people who have never been to sizzler before might be expecting a good steak?